JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well in the spirit of trimming down my inventory I grabbed one of my 3/5 cigars, a PDR 1878 Capa Natural. 7x58 and very nice wrapper and presentation with the foot just folded over and the head swirled into a pigtail.

I immediately thought there was no way I was going to finish this... too woody and light.

So I fired up a Brickhouse Maduro 6x60 to replace it.

Figured I'd give it one last chance as I didn't want to just chuck it - it isn't the most expensive cigar I have but the 5 pack I got wasn't exactly on the cheap side either.

Before I tossed the PDR I wanted to give it one last shot. The taste had changed completely! Tastes strongly of cedar with a cherry not behind it, fairly pleasant.

It also makes the Maduro taste much sweeter then normal.

Now I find myself with nothing but time and 2 big fat cigars lit - life could be worse:D.

I may have to try this again should I run into something that's just not tasting that great for me:rolleyes:

F0BA497A-9EE3-4192-82CA-B58F527E99E4.jpeg

Tried a hc white Connecticut today
Summ: score 8.1/10 a nice medium bodied cigar. rough start but becoming much better later on. somewhat acidic/sour and bitter at first, but that faded in 2nd third which gave way to some nice flavors and creamy not bitter.
- Bitterness: 5-6, 4, 2 (10 = most bitter)
- Pepper: 1, 1, 1 (10 = most pepper).
- Tongue bite/harshness: 3, 3, 2 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)
- Sour: 5-7, 4, 2 (10 = most sour)
- Body: 4-6, 4-5, 5 (10 = fullest body)
- Strength: 1, 1, 1, 10 = highest nicotine)
- Flavor: 3-5, 4-5, 5-6, looking at cigar adviser flavor wheel I think I taste hickory, dry grass, bit of charred wood, bit of almond. Deeper flavors in third third incl leather (10 = best quant. and qual.)
- Aroma: 5, 5, 6-8 nice nutty + musty (10 = highest amount & best possible)
- Smoke: low at first then normal
- Firmness: normal
- Draw: very tight at first, loosened up to normal/good in 2nd third with some messaging (which cracked wrapper unfortunately)
- Presence: 3-4, 3, 2-3 (10 = most mouth presence, >5 becomes detrimental for me)
- burn/construction: too tight draw at first possibly exacerbated by torpedo shape. Normal in 2nd third onwards. Good slow burn throughout
- Price $1.70 would buy again at this price (or less ideally and not in torpedo shape if possible)
486386B9-2F74-4961-9D06-997CDEABE527.jpeg

Last Edited:
Has anyone ever purchased from bestcigarprices.com?

I was looking at a "rare select" version of a cigar and they are the only company that has them. The band actually looks fake to me and stuck under a standard band. The same band is used for three different brands

The boxes are also inconsistent with boxes from CAO, Macanudo and Punch (I have some wood and decorative boxes from each). I can't find anything about the "rare select" cigars anywhere online except that website. Seems odd. If it was a fancier version of a cigar it should not have an inferior box. General cigar also usually makes fancy bands for special editions (fe. "Icon") not just stick an extra band under a standard band.

1238BBE1-94D5-4ACF-950E-5260AF2F782B.jpeg
F70EDEB1-2698-481B-B7CF-C38C40724AB1.jpeg

Trying a Gurkha Beast for the second time.
7x60 biggin

First time tru it got a 3/5 for serious construction issues - though flavor is good but not real complex.

Not far into this one but it is burning wonky, but I hope it self corrects. Only 2 of them left so if it's just a 3/5 still I'll probably just add it to my daily's and get them gone.

ACA4268E-AB77-4898-8F57-DFE6E3F59552.jpeg
220E17C9-A2E7-4B05-9F06-3FCC86F92C4E.jpeg

Tried a Partagas naturales today

Summ: score 8.0/10 darn fine cigar. Fuller profile than I like but very well made and excellent aroma/flavor. This is the kind of taste I think of for a classic high end fuller bodied cigar. Cameroon wrapper but imo much better and quite different than oliva and some other Cameroons. Some of the Cameroon tastes are there but sort of overpowered by the rest of the blend and both smoother and more powerful is how I would put it.
- Bitterness: 4-5, 5 (10 = most bitter)
- Pepper: 2 (10 = most pepper).
- Tongue bite/harshness: 3-4 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)
- Sour: 3-4, 4-5, 6 (10 = most sour)
- Body: 7-8, 8, 8-9 (10 = fullest body)
- Strength: 1-2 (10 = highest nicotine)
- Flavor: 6-7, (10 = best quant. and qual.)
- Aroma: 8-9 (10 = highest amount & best possible)
- Smoke: normal
- Firmness: firm
- Draw: somewhat tight
- Presence: 5-7 (10 = most mouth presence, >5 becomes detrimental for me)
- burn/construction: excellent, tight ash, perfect burn,no relights
4D5E9694-7B49-44A0-9956-2BCE58CECB45.jpeg

Gurkha Titan II (yes 2)
Churchill

Only have one from a sample pack.

I can find people's reviews on Reddit on it but I can't find a single store selling them nor can I find out any information about them.

Almost wish I had saved this for an occasion but I'll just enjoy it while I have it.

Super smooth and rich - one of the better Gurkhas I've had actually (which makes only having one a PITA lol)

If anyone finds a page about them or a store that sells them I'd sure appreciate a link (although the reddit post I saw said he hadn't seen them for sale since 2012)

AFDD3D14-0936-4E62-9A59-CC0CE9AFB21C.jpeg

-La Gloria Cubana Wavell (Robusto) Natural

Full bodied, decent strength very excellent flavors! Long very tasty finish

Always a gamble trying new stuff but dang this one is a 5/5 for me.:cool:

Coffee, leather and others all compliment each other.

$5 cigar in this size
$7 in the Churchill

It also comes in a Maduro but I think I like this one enough that I may buy a box of both someday - especially if I ever see them on sale;)

D85C6049-AE43-42B4-B417-7EB36B014DC7.jpeg

-La Gloria Cubana Wavell (Robusto) Natural

Full bodied, decent strength very excellent flavors! Long very tasty finish

Always a gamble trying new stuff but dang this one is a 5/5 for me.:cool:

Coffee, leather and others all compliment each other.

$5 cigar in this size
$7 in the Churchill

It also comes in a Maduro but I think I like this one enough that I may buy a box of both someday - especially if I ever see them on sale;)

View attachment 684386
Excellent! Glad u liked it. Too full bodied for me. I have one u can have. I also have 5 series R which are supposed to be better (and more full bodied) than the wavell u are welcome to those too cuz I'm afraid to try ha ha. Also 5 rocky Patel ligero and 4 RP broadleaf cuz they r too strong for my taste (assuming on ligero, never tried it).

Excellent! Glad u liked it. Too full bodied for me. I have one u can have. I also have 5 series R which are supposed to be better (and more full bodied) than the wavell u are welcome to those too cuz I'm afraid to try ha ha. Also 5 rocky Patel ligero and 4 RP broadleaf cuz they r too strong for my taste (assuming on ligero, never tried it).

Thanks!

I am working on a list of stuff for you to trade out that are good but too light for me.

We will have to meet up;)

What better way to kill CV thingies floating around my patio than with the blue-gray smoke wafting from a La Gloria Cubano Spanish Pressed monster? Cleanly lit with sweet lady propane, it will complimented by a couple of White Claw's left over from one of the wife's parties. Besides being free and already out on the patio, they have zero carbs, zero sugars and 5% alcohol. So they'll do.
Cheers all.

IMG_20200416_213116.jpg

What better way to kill CV thingies floating around my patio than with the blue-gray smoke wafting from a La Gloria Cubano Spanish Pressed monster? Cleanly lit with sweet lady propane, it will complimented by a couple of White Claw's left over from one of the wife's parties. Besides being free and already out on the patio, they have zero carbs, zero sugars and 5% alcohol. So they'll do.
Cheers all.

View attachment 684716
I'm guessing you don't have a mustache? :D

Romeo y Julieta 1875
6x50

excellent construction, ash, totally even burn line...

Just not my normal preference in flavors.

Not a bad smoke though so I'll be finishing it and will follow up with something stronger later today;)
55E52AB6-9981-423E-A94F-FF653044411B.jpeg 9CDA9465-003C-4AD7-92B9-39864AB1FE24.jpeg

Just started a Diesel Unlimited Solomon

One hell of a way to end such a nice Friday;)

Dunno about anyone else but I live in the burbs and it's rarely country quite at night but it has been since the lockdown :cool:

I love these Solomon shaped diesel sticks, just ordered another 18 that should be here next week so I'm giving myself the room to have a treat. (Even though the unlimited is tied with the Rage for least favorite and the unlimited Maduro and wicked are my favorites) All of them have that nice full bodied flavor though and a good nicotine kick that makes me all warm and fuzzy:D

DE388C99-0A76-4496-8DD4-B60CBCE4BA99.jpeg

Went for the NUB Habano 460 today.

some random thoughts:

It's burning great - ash might hold the whole way... little coffee/leather/woody/dark tobacco flavor for me.

From what I've read and watched the NUB is supposedly to get rid of the first inch where it's different because of the different length of leaves. If that's true or not idk but the first inch had a lot of pepper and now that I'm past that the other flavors are going out so if true then I don't see it.

In a box of 25 these are $7 each!

The taste is extremely similar to the Arganese Habano Robusto's I just bought for $1.50 delivered and are (and have been for months when I find them on sale) a daily stick for me so I'm not saying it sort of tastes the same, to me there is very little difference.

The only thing I can think of as a reason to buy these NUB's is for an occasion where you have a non smoker or the once a year guy and want to give them a quality short fat cigar as a gift so they aren't smoking a 4x48 when your smoking a 7x58 or idk...

Honestly I wouldn't pay $7 for this if it were 6-7" long - maybe $5-6 (in a Maduro or some other flavor I prefer) Max.

In conclusion, this is a novelty or very niche brand (although I like Oliva who makes it) to me.

***Edit - I will give it that it's a slow burner. Over an hour smoke on this one.
3DFC2249-FF5E-44FA-9CE7-9D5BCC8B211C.jpeg 91501067-CC1F-40C2-84DF-FD0D8B258DA1.jpeg

FF00D268-CBE6-4491-B293-822B97B3B3DA.jpeg

Last Edited:
Went for the NUB Habano 460 today.

some random thoughts:

It's burning great - ash might hold the whole way... little coffee/leather/woody/dark tobacco flavor for me.

From what I've read and watched the NUB is supposedly to get rid of the first inch where it's different because of the different length of leaves. If that's true or not idk but the first inch had a lot of pepper and now that I'm past that the other flavors are going out so if true then I don't see it.

In a box of 25 these are $7 each!

The taste is extremely similar to the Arganese Habano Robusto's I just bought for $1.50 delivered and are (and have been for months when I find them on sale) a daily stick for me so I'm not saying it sort of tastes the same, to me there is very little difference.

The only thing I can think of as a reason to buy these NUB's is for an occasion where you have a non smoker or the once a year guy and want to give them a quality short fat cigar as a gift so they aren't smoking a 4x48 when your smoking a 7x58 or idk...

Honestly I wouldn't pay $7 for this if it were 6-7" long - maybe $5-6 (in a Maduro or some other flavor I prefer) Max.

In conclusion, this is a novelty or very niche brand (although I like Oliva who makes it) to me.

***Edit - I will give it that it's a slow burner. Over an hour smoke on this one.
View attachment 685608View attachment 685609

View attachment 685606
Agree no way I would pay $7 for that one. But on sale should be less than $3(I still wouldn't buy at $3 personally cuz others I like better for same price). Fe Thompson's has a sale now on various 5 pack now. 3 5 packs for $49.99 but after the 15% off plus free ship email sign up and $10/10%? (Can't remember) thank you email thing it comes to 37.49 for 15 cigars, or $2.50 each with free shipping. But I think the only nub they had was Sumatra or Nicaragua or some such in that sale.
Right now I'm smoking the Cain f550 that came in the Holts 10 for $15 sampler and it's much better than I expected. Never had Cain brand before. I'm waiting for another Thompson giveaway sale and gonna buy in bulk if they ever have it again (I don't mean Cain or nub, just ones I like in general).

Last Edited:
Started with a Gurkha Evil today since the wife just ordered me a Maduro sampler with them in it.:cool:

That and another handful of other really nice samplers with some RP's and a 12 pack of Man of war Solomon's :D

The Evil was a 4/5 for me - pretty good cigar.

05D53054-B798-4247-B324-966666ECD414.jpeg
Chasing it with an Obsidian Belicoso right now.

F13215E0-3F40-44E6-B6A6-9B3A9345CC4B.jpeg

image.jpg
Other then the unemployment site crashing it'd been a great Sunday ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews