JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having a La Flor de Marina Mancini Magic Mountain. Well constructed, flavorful, not too dark & not too light. A well balanced smoke. It's the first one that I've had in probably 10 years or so. A very pleasant smoke. Seems to go well with the Tequilla that I'm drinking right now. As soon as I finish both, the pork steaks are going on the charcoal.

Has anybody else tried these Avo's? I bought them a few years ago on sale somewhere and didn't care for them which is unusual because I usually like his cigars. I just pulled one out a week or so and they have improved considerably

1E572A3C-31E1-4DE7-9E33-E8EF880D558A.jpeg 01921EC8-CBC7-48B4-A44B-963A41539651.jpeg

Tried a punch Classico today

Summ: score 8.8/10 well made. love the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. lots of mild flavors, smooth overall. sweet desert like flavors. Being an uncultured barbarian I smoked this after eating a red hot burrito so no clue on pepper levels etc. (thus the question marks below). It seems like many of my favorites have an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper but not sure. Cigar is very short in length.

Continue to be extremely impressed with most all the cigars in the Holts 10 for $15 sampler. Some have been top notch for me and great variety. This one might be ranked higher when I smoke a second one with a clean palate I dunno.
- body 5-6?
- Bitterness: 1? (10 = most- Tongue bite/harshness: 0? (10 = lots of tongue bite
- Flavor: 6-7, mild flavors but lots of them and but very nice blend hard to describe some of them sort of like a charred peat, a little nutty, a little woody, aged tobacco, sometimes like a charred molasses or caramel or something kind of desert flavors almost. A little sweet. really a neat combo (10 = best quant. and qual.) Reminds me of a rocky Patel decade but a bit but sweeter and less earthy.
- Aroma: 7-8, aged tobacco plus some nut close to best kind of aroma for me but not that strong (10 = highest amount & best possible)
- Smoke: high
- Firmness: a little soft
- Draw: very easy
- burn/construction: great burn but a little fast burning. No re-lights, one touch up
Price $1.5 in holts 10 for $15 sampler
B4BC8382-5336-40F4-8D9F-62910FC02E07.png

Last Edited:
I really liked that punch when I tried it.

Don't remember it having much in the pepper area.

I have 5Punch Gran Puro Nicaragua on the way and looking forward to trying them.

2 questions, or 1 and an opinion I suppose.

1. Does anyone smoke infused cigars? and if so do you store them separately from your normal ones?

I have a 3 Kuba Kuba Assortment I put in a travel herf a dor to keep separate but have 2 more 3 pack samplers arriving Wednesday and don't want to put them in with my regular rotation if there is flavor issues transferring.

2. Was more of a curiously, what do you use to purge your lighters before refilling them.

I'm an occasional pipe smoker and he found the straight pin on the little pipe multi tools works perfectly and haven't had any issues with damage to the refill tube.

Only reason I thought about this was a YouTube video in my feed that was reviewing a purge tool and I wondered why someone would shell out the money for a keychain accessory when a $3 pipe tool works great for me - maybe I'm missing something lol.

60140C32-F931-4EF7-A8DE-9D2B83DECB22.png

Original Acid Kuba Kuba

Very interesting...
Excellent construction, draw, smoke output etc.

Sweetened cap and infused with something I can't quite identify but it is tasty and smells very floral.

I wouldn't smoke these regularly but it's certainly something different to have. I can see new to cigar people being very attracted to these as I don't think you would need even a mediocre palette to get tastes from this one.

Not sure as I'm only half way thru this but it's getting at least 4/5 for me and may end up a 5/5.

5D644A73-F490-4A2E-AB3F-970E63EDF74E.jpeg

Tried another Gurkha Titan today. It's not got much complexity too it and the 2 I tried before had horrible construction issues - this one burned ok though.

Had some lunch and trying a 5 Vegas Classic now. (I guess it's a cigar type of day...)
Almost reminds me of the Punch Classic, but maybe not quite as good.

Burn, ash, construction etc are all excellent, just not my preferred flavor profile. Good enough to finish though lol.

7E517FA7-C28D-4EDD-B486-494A49E0A34F.jpeg

A little bit of tobacco nostalgia. I never smoked cigarettes but I remember when you would go to McD's, etc and see these on the tables. Back then I paid no mind to them but I saw these on ebay and couldn't resist picking up some nostalgia. If anything, they just transport me briefly back to simpler times.

IMG_20200421_151930.jpg

2 questions, or 1 and an opinion I suppose.

1. Does anyone smoke infused cigars? and if so do you store them separately from your normal ones?

I have a 3 Kuba Kuba Assortment I put in a travel herf a dor to keep separate but have 2 more 3 pack samplers arriving Wednesday and don't want to put them in with my regular rotation if there is flavor issues transferring.

2. Was more of a curiously, what do you use to purge your lighters before refilling them.

I'm an occasional pipe smoker and he found the straight pin on the little pipe multi tools works perfectly and haven't had any issues with damage to the refill tube.

Only reason I thought about this was a YouTube video in my feed that was reviewing a purge tool and I wondered why someone would shell out the money for a keychain accessory when a $3 pipe tool works great for me - maybe I'm missing something lol.

View attachment 686923
Some people will dip the puffing end in their favorite brandy or cognac prior to smoking. It can be a nice experience.

Getting back to the firearms and cigar pics, why not a big-bore bolt gun and a Macanudo. I do believe I will go light this one up in a moment. The cigar, not the .44 Magnum.

Mac.jpg

Acid Kuba Kuba Candela

My fist Candela and it's pretty good ;)

Very much has a sweet green tea finish that lingers a good while - also has that Kuba Kuba floral aroma and taste that I was not 100% sure about but I am really digging it.

I think I like the original better (which ended at a 5/5) so this might just be a 4/5.

EFC2D0B8-B75C-4C37-8207-8067C78A4219.jpeg

Chasing the Candela with the Maduro, so far it doesn't disappoint.

I can already tell this will be a 5/5.

Denser smoke and fuller bodied as would be expected. Much smoother and no zing to the retro hale from the get go.

69FEF1E1-9F3E-4FB7-A9AC-0872351B136E.jpeg

So these Kuba Kuba's are tasty enough to get into my regular rotation... Not an everyday thing as I like a good variety but would be something I would grab when I want a good medium smoke.

These little 5x54's are lasting for a good hour 20 minutes so they seem like a good value* and are definitely well constructed.

I don't drink so dipping cigars isn't in my wheel house but these are certainly tasty.:cool:

I went to look at buying a box and they run $8/cigar:eek:.

*After seeing that and liking all 3 I got in a sampler for $2/cigar, I'm just going to buy a bunch of the samplers to have. I don't see any reason to spend another $6 each to have a fancy box and only one flavor:rolleyes:

I have a promo code that expires soon for 15% off plus free shipping so I figure that covers the shipping and tax and will put these at just under $2 each which seems reasonable since I tend to buy bundle sticks on sale for $40/20 and these are easily better then some of them I use as daily's.

Well I got an order in today I placed almost 2 weeks ago - this stay at home must be good for cigar retailers cuz all of the websites have disclaimers warning that they are swamped and it might take longer then normal to get your shipment.

Received:
-Oliva Serie 'V' Maduro 5 packs x 2
-Diesel Solomon 6 pack sampler x3
-Kuba Kuba 3 pack sampler x2

I've had everything except the Oliva's so I'm pretty excited about getting into those after they've sat in the humidor for at least 2 weeks. (I'm finding it hit and miss smoking them right away so I've just settled into waiting before I try anything I get)

Got a nice surprise and both of the Monthly clubs my wife signed me up for also arrived today.

This was just the first of the two 3 month subscriptions but I'm already forming opinions...

1. It's not like it's a huge cost savings like I would have expected - retail at box prices puts both orders within a couple dollars of the subscription prices.

2. CigarOfTheMonth Club was.easily more visually appealing coming with a Bovida pack and leaflet about each cigar.

3. Cigar.com came in a heat shrinked pack with a printed note inside that just said "Enjoy".

4. This might be a good thing to keep going after the 3 months - most of the cigars are both more expensive then I would normally spend and they are more cost accessible being a 1 or 2 in a pack then having to gamble on a 5 pack of each.

I have only had the Brick House Maduro (though I buy the Fumas so I'm curious if the extra money for firsts is really worth it).

if anyone sees something they like or have heard good things about let me know so I can put them at the top Of my try list:D

COTM Club:
La Palina Blue Label Robusto
Shrouded Crown Maduro Toro
Villiger La Vencedora Robusto
Iconic Recluse Amadeus Conn Toro
Key West Select Torpedo

Cigar.com Club:
San Cristobal Quintessence
Aging Room 101 T112
Brick House Maduro
Cimarron Connecticut
Las Mareas

Tried a second Man o war ruination today

Summ: score 8.6/10 medium peppery and full bodied yet surprisingly smooth. Sweet chocolate, black pepper, and earthy flavors. I got same impression as first one, reminiscent of Cuban Cohiba but smoother/sweeter/more chocolate flavors.
- Bitterness: 1-2, 1-2
- Pepper: 7, 5-6 (prob getting used to it),
- Tongue bite/harshness: 5, black pepper on tongue. Smooth overall though not harsh.
- Sour: 2, 2
- Body: 9-10, 8-9,
- Strength: 2-3, 3,
- Flavor: 5, 8, oily and sweet on lips, moderately high pepper but not overwhelming, musty earth, milk (sweet) chocolate
- Aroma: 5-6, 8-9, deep milk chocolate sort of like chocolate mousse
- Smoke: very high
- Firmness: medium firm
- Draw: excellent
- Presence: 5-6, 5,
- burn/construction: very good burn and construction. Pretty slow burning. No touch ups or re-lights. Sharp edge. Stacked white ash.
-Price I think around $2.50 on sale?
C92521D9-BE1E-4A73-9135-6D42D7707014.jpeg
8844C797-895A-4633-9A43-59FABB0CEC81.jpeg

Had a HC Black Maduro while burning up sensitive docs we pile up in boxes this morning in the fire pit.

Having a rough day so I grabbed a Gurkha Legend Connecticut double perfecto for something light but good. Every one of a 5 pack I got last year has had excellent construction and burns like a champ.
4/5 for me only because it isn't stronger.

9D9460E3-4196-4F4D-A21D-7733CEB60299.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads