JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big fatty La Gloria R paired with a 50 Beau wolf

full.jpg

My man, you didn't even need to lop that much!
To get the most flavor you need a larger diameter to draw on. The result will be a cooler smoke. If you draw through a smaller diameter, you get more heat than flavor. Sometimes on a tapered cigar such as a figurado, pyramid, torpedo etc, you have to make a larger cut to get a decent diameter. Ergo, larger ring gauge cigar = cooler smoke, more flavor than heat. Smaller ring gauge cigars = more heat than flavor. Some people prefer a nice hot burn on a smaller ring gauge cigar such as a corona, petit or panatella. A lot of the folks that smoke the larger ring gauge cigars (48 and up) like the more flavorful smoke they provide, but they usually aren't aware why. I won't get into the complexities of the trumpet size/category. :s0145:

Ok so I have never Smoked Cigars and don't smoke
what would make a great gift to a friend who does smoke them
not knowing what he likes in a Cigar ? ? ?

So I'm going to add my $0.02 here...

I was the Store manager for two local smoke shops for about 4/5 years. Was able to smoke pretty much any cigar I wanted. We had them from $150 down to $0.10/ea. This was back in the early 2000's. Went to trade shows and got sent a ton of samples over the years.

Cigars I loved:
Arturo Fuentes Short Stories
Drew Estates Atom Maduros
And Onyx Maduros

However, the one that I enjoy more than any are Avantis. They were like $0.75ea, and are a dry cured licorice charoot. What I loved was the flavor, the fact that they needed no maintenance, they were avalible in a 5 pack with each individually wrapped, and it was a short smoke for the most part.

Its all I smoke anymore. Affordable and fun. I take a 5 pack when I go hiking/shooting/camping. If I drop it, no big deal. If I have to put it out, no big deal. If I need to share, no big deal. They're perdect for me.

99117.jpg cb_avanti.jpg

To get the most flavor you need a larger diameter to draw on. The result will be a cooler smoke. If you draw through a smaller diameter, you get more heat than flavor. Sometimes on a tapered cigar such as a figurado, pyramid, torpedo etc, you have to make a larger cut to get a decent diameter. Ergo, larger ring gauge cigar = cooler smoke, more flavor than heat. Smaller ring gauge cigars = more heat than flavor. Some people prefer a nice hot burn on a smaller ring gauge cigar such as a corona, petit or panatella. A lot of the folks that smoke the larger ring gauge cigars (48 and up) like the more flavorful smoke they provide, but they usually aren't aware why. I won't get into the complexities of the trumpet size/category. :s0145:

Dude, every word of that paragraph sounds like something someone might read in an old issue of Cigar Aficionado magazine, and none of it is true.

I was the Store manager for two local smoke shops for about 4/5 years. Was able to smoke pretty much any cigar I wanted. We had them from $150 down to $0.10/ea. This was back in the early 2000's. Went to trade shows and got sent a ton of samples over the years.

Cigars I loved:
And Onyx Maduros

However, the one that I enjoy more than any are Avantis. They were like $0.75ea, and are a dry cured licorice charoot. What I loved was the flavor, the fact that they needed no maintenance, they were avalible in a 5 pack with each individually wrapped, and it was a short smoke for the most part.

Its all I smoke anymore. Affordable and fun. I take a 5 pack when I go hiking/shooting/camping. If I drop it, no big deal. If I have to put it out, no big deal. If I need to share, no big deal. They're perdect for me.

View attachment 605692 View attachment 605693

Cigars I loved:
And Onyx Maduros

View attachment 605692 View attachment 605693
Cheroots are underated. They are usually rich in flavor and don't require humidification.

What's a cheroot?
Cigars made with long filler, dried tobacco, usually on the smaller side, like petit corona. They're generally not box pressed and have a rough, uneven shape. Think of the ones that Clint Eastwood would smoke in his spaghetti westerns.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads