JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Too bad there's so much dislike for the NRA, as a Lifetime, Benefactor level member and upgraded to Golden Eagle member I'm well aware that they take in money, but it's kept us from having our guns confiscated (so far)!!

I guess the left's "divide and conquer" is working!

I guess dealing with a little junk mail is enough to keep people from supporting the one group that has more ability to protect their 2nd amendment rights than any other. I'm a life member myself and I simply opted out of their mailings. Wasn't that hard, and at least I can say I'm part of the most influential pro-2A group in the country (even if I don't agree with them 100% of the time). It's worth it for me to make that small sacrifice in addition to writing my legislators.

I would gladly give them my money if I thought they were the only game in town and they weren't so blind about the candidates they support (if you are a pro-gun candidate you could be a NeoNazi and the NRA would support you against an anti-gun candidate) and if they didn't ignore all the other amendments in the Constitution, but I do dislike how they try to get my money, and I dislike how they are willing to support compromise (the '86 MG ban) in order to protect their rank and file from losing their deer hunting rifles, and I dislike their internal politics and purges.

I was a member of the NRA for quite a while before many people here were born, and I have reading every American Rifleman from about 1945 to 1980, so I remember what the NRA used to be like - much stronger and more principled - so I don't feel too bad not being particularly supportive of what they have become.

YMMV

"Too bad there's so much dislike for the NRA"

I for one certainly don't dislike the NRA. I've been a member for decades. I just have issues with some of their aggressive techniques that I believe are counterproductive.

I absolutely agree with you though, that gun-rights supporters dumping the NRA is a dream come true for gun-banners, whatever the cause. If we all dumped the NRA we would be in a world of hurt legislatively.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top