JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Too bad there's so much dislike for the NRA, as a Lifetime, Benefactor level member and upgraded to Golden Eagle member I'm well aware that they take in money, but it's kept us from having our guns confiscated (so far)!!

I guess the left's "divide and conquer" is working!

I guess dealing with a little junk mail is enough to keep people from supporting the one group that has more ability to protect their 2nd amendment rights than any other. I'm a life member myself and I simply opted out of their mailings. Wasn't that hard, and at least I can say I'm part of the most influential pro-2A group in the country (even if I don't agree with them 100% of the time). It's worth it for me to make that small sacrifice in addition to writing my legislators.

I would gladly give them my money if I thought they were the only game in town and they weren't so blind about the candidates they support (if you are a pro-gun candidate you could be a NeoNazi and the NRA would support you against an anti-gun candidate) and if they didn't ignore all the other amendments in the Constitution, but I do dislike how they try to get my money, and I dislike how they are willing to support compromise (the '86 MG ban) in order to protect their rank and file from losing their deer hunting rifles, and I dislike their internal politics and purges.

I was a member of the NRA for quite a while before many people here were born, and I have reading every American Rifleman from about 1945 to 1980, so I remember what the NRA used to be like - much stronger and more principled - so I don't feel too bad not being particularly supportive of what they have become.

YMMV

"Too bad there's so much dislike for the NRA"

I for one certainly don't dislike the NRA. I've been a member for decades. I just have issues with some of their aggressive techniques that I believe are counterproductive.

I absolutely agree with you though, that gun-rights supporters dumping the NRA is a dream come true for gun-banners, whatever the cause. If we all dumped the NRA we would be in a world of hurt legislatively.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top