JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been a member of the Tri County Gun Club for many years, and just today found out we can transfer guns at the club for only the $10.00 state fee. Either the transferor or transferee must be a member of the club—not necessarily both. Transfers are done on certain dates—logon to the club's website and check Events for dates and times.

For those interested in joining the club for access to great indoor and outdoor ranges, go to https://tcgc.org/ The clubhouse and ranges are located between Sherwood and Tualatin.

Max

They sound like a really great club but I've heard they have a long wait list. I wouldn't mind being on the wait list but they also require membership to the NRA, which I won't join. It does look like a good club though.

Mike

Sounds like a great service. I hope it is easier to get the transfer done than finding someone with a key to the bin where they keep the steel targets they sell. ;)

I read that in the last newsletter hope they start buying/selling guns

I know the club is looking at expanding the FFL services. As to what those might be, I have't a clue. I do know it will be a work in progress and it won't happen over night. If and when the club is ready, then I'm sure we'll be promptly notified just as they did this time around via the newsletter and email....:cool:

They sound like a really great club but I've heard they have a long wait list. I wouldn't mind being on the wait list but they also require membership to the NRA, which I won't join. It does look like a good club though.

Mike

You are only required to join the NRA apon your initial membership.
So you can get a NRA membership for like $10 bucks (you can join at the new member orientation) and then let your NRA lapse when it's time to renew.

I understand issues that people have with the NRA and giving money to them, but I take WAY more offense knowing that every time I buy I gun, I'm giving $10 (background check) to the very state government that wants to willfully destroy my 2A rights.

At any rate, that's just my .02 and hope you eventually get on the waiting list and join TCGC..

Last Edited:
I understand issues that people have with the NRA and giving money to them, but I take WAY more offense knowing that every time I buy I gun, I'm giving $10 (background check) to the very state government that wants to willfully destroy my 2A rights.
Well if you don't mind building AR-10/15 platform rifles: just get a router jig, a router, and buy some 80% lowers. Give a big F-U to the state government wanting to collect those fees and build your own rifles how you want them.

Well if you don't mind building AR-10/15 platform rifles: just get a router jig, a router, and buy some 80% lowers. Give a big F-U to the state government wanting to collect those fees and build your own rifles how you want them.
Or go further and build AKs. Just need to bend the receiver, weld rails, drill out holes for safety and fcg, heat treat, and so on and so forth. What's a bit of effort and time? :rolleyes:

This won't last long. They will find out they get overwhelmed, have a hard time finding volunteers on the FFL to do the paperwork, and start requiring appointments, then they will quit all together. I give it a year max.

Perhaps. Other clubs have done it, and it didn't last long. I do hope it works out for them. TCGC is a great place. I enjoyed being a member when I lived up there.

As much as I hate paying transfer fees, I'd rather pay the $15 each + $10 for the background check that my friendly FFL charges than jump through these hoops:

This fee is only payable online in advance, we will not be handling any fees at the event.

ALL firearms must arrive in a case that is in accordance with TCGC rules. NO GUN SOCKS. Firearms will be removed from cases by an FFL Responsible Party and cleared upon arrival. Transferees may then inspect the firearm.

If the transferee is denied and he/she is a member of TCGC, they will be referred to the Board of Directors for disposition of his/her membership as the ability to possess a firearm is a requirement for TCGC membership.

If you register and don't appear, you forfeit the fee to the club.

Both the buyer and the seller must be present to transfer a firearm.

Be prepared to wait, please. Remember, we are doing this as a free service to our members, the $10 fee is required by the Oregon State Police for the background check.

Thanks but no thanks.

FYI/FWIW, I was at the club today and after shooting, I went up to the clubhouse to hang out/bs. The club staff were setting up for new member orientation. I briefly chatted with the operations manager about the current wait times and he said it's around a year....

Well that is neat, have they begun building in the quarry yet? Seems like that project was always in the works but never going anywhere when I was a member.

Back when I joined there wasn't a wait list... I just went in on the one day a month and joined up. Times sure change.

Oregon needs more ranges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads