JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I was referring to was joining the NRA with the intent to join the club and then cancelling or not renewing but still stay a member, if as some said, they do not re-check upon renewal. Even if that isn't lieing it is deceiving to stay in the club knowing the rules say you should be a NRA member. Some people do not have a problem with that but It's just not my way of doing things. I've no problem with the club having the rule, it's their club and they can run it like they want. My problem is with the NRA and I won't give them a dime, even to join what looks like a great club like TCGC.

Mike

Can't imagine someone paying for NRA membership, and then cancelling it? And letting it expire wont work since you need it to renew. Unless somebody is so determined to not be an NRA member that they'd renew each year, and then cancel each year?
Probably best to not be a member at most clubs, as it's pretty standard for all clubs to require NRA membership these days. Many get their club insurance, and match certification from the NRA.

(Back to the OP)

Just used this service to day to buy a gun from a member on the board. Worked great. I love the fact they have it set up where you have to schedule your time online AND pay for your $10 transfer to get that appointment. This way the person at the range does not have to mess with $. Worked great, easy fast and the best thing....... you got a new gun AND your at the range!! Perfect.

Ok back to your regular hijacked thread: Me Life NRA member. Its not perfect but its still the big dog in the fight. Not going to turn my back. I can however express my concern to them as a member for how $ is being spent.

(Back to the OP)

Just used this service to day to buy a gun from a member on the board. Worked great. I love the fact they have it set up where you have to schedule your time online AND pay for your $10 transfer to get that appointment. This way the person at the range does not have to mess with $. Worked great, easy fast and the best thing....... you got a new gun AND your at the range!! Perfect.

Ok back to your regular hijacked thread: Me Life NRA member. Its not perfect but its still the big dog in the fight. Not going to turn my back. I can however express my concern to them as a member for how $ is being spent.
I did it last month. It is really well thought out. Going to be my transfer point all the time.

I used the TCGC transfer perk yesterday as a seller. Buyer is also a TCGC member. We met at the indoor range where transfers take place, and finished in about 40 minutes- mostly due to too much jawing! Saved the buyer $25.00. And $25.00 is $25.00. Took no more time than any other transfer I've been part of.

Yes, they told me you can have firearms purchases sent to the range address. Just let the manager (who is also one of the responsible parties on their FFL) know the firearm is coming. Then when you get the tracking info, give him a call to update him on the day it's scheduled to arrive, so he's expecting it. He will then call you and you can go out and pick up the firearm, and do the transfer.

Yes, they told me you can have firearms purchases sent to the range address. Just let the manager (who is also one of the responsible parties on their FFL) know the firearm is coming. Then when you get the tracking info, give him a call to update him on the day it's scheduled to arrive, so he's expecting it. He will then call you and you can go out and pick up the firearm, and do the transfer.

Need 10 more like buttons.

In the club's defense, they only charged the background check fee from the inception of offering the transfer service. As to the politics/economics of the recent price increase for the background check, that is above my pay grade.

I'm sure a polite phone call to the TCGC office or popping into the member center/pro shop and speaking to the person behind the counter, could shed some light on the reason for the increase.

I have yet to utilize the transfer service ( for a few reasons) but I'm also glad that the service is provided as a club perk even with the price increase. YMMV

I used it twice and was going to do another one when I saw the change. It was a nice membership benefit. It is not like I am going to cancel my membership because if it, but at $30 they are more expensive than several other places that are more convenient and don't have so many rules involved for a simple transfer. Maybe they did not like doing them and that was the plan with the increase. Sad day.

I thought the low-cost transfer was a great member benefit.

During my last transaction I was surprised that the cost had gone up. I asked why and I was told that there had been a conscious decision to make the shop a profit center for the benefit of the youth programs.

I thought the low-cost transfer was a great member benefit.

During my last transaction I was surprised that the cost had gone up. I asked why and I was told that there had been a conscious decision to make the shop a profit center for the benefit of the youth programs.
It's always "for the kids"

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR