JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sometimes I see special edition guns for sale that come from Talo Distributors ( <broken link removed> ). Has anyone any experience with this company? Are these commemorative and special edition firearms still assembled at the manufacturers plant? Or does Talo build the gun?

TALO really isn't a company. It's a group of distributors who pool their resources so they can go to gun manufacturers and request a limited production of guns configured in a particular manner. This can include custom grips, roll marking, sight configurations, finishes, etc. By doing that, they allow the manufacturers to gear up and produce enough of these guns, lets say 5000 or so, to justify the cost of doing so. This then gives the TALO participating distributors the ability to offer a product nobody else has and spur some market interest in people in having them.

For example, I had a TALO Ruger Mark III that came with a fluted barrel length I couldn't get elsewhere, beautiful custom wood grips not available on any other model, etc. SO they're not collectibles, although they are going to be one of a certain limited number of guns. Most recently, I bought a 9mm Caracal Compact from Davidson's (www.galleryofguns.com ) that's advertised as a TALO model. In this case, there's nothing special about the gun. Apparently a group of distributor's bought up all of the remaining Caracals that were remaining from Caracal's unsuccessful first attempt to market the guns in the U.S. Their distributor, Waffen Werks, didn't work out, but there were still guns sitting there, the same firearms as they still produce and are now importing through other distributors, except with the Waffen Werks roll mark on the trigger guard. The price was understandably very good, so I got a great brand new gun for a reduced price that carry's the Davidson's lifetime replacement (not repair) warranty.

Buy them if you like what the gun looks like or how it's set up, not with any expectation of increased value. Hope that helps.

k18flz.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads