JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy folks just signed up recently.
I listed cast Winchester black talon 45acp ammo for 4k. I can't find f I searched for it in the search bar and it wont come up when I look up black talon in the search bar and can't find it in my profile or account. Can anybody else see it?
Thanks

Last time I sold that ammo I got $3 per round--sounds like you didn't find the right sucker
When Win stopped making it due to bad press the "I just have to have some" thing started. For decades have tried to tell people who think they have to have it that the same ammo is still made many just don't wan to hear it. So for the OP? Hell if you can find a buyer who wants it? Why not, good luck with the sale. If buyer is happy? Great.

Howdy folks just signed up recently.
I listed cast Winchester black talon 45acp ammo for 4k. I can't find f I searched for it in the search bar and it wont come up when I look up black talon in the search bar and can't find it in my profile or account. Can anybody else see it?
Thanks
I can see it.

It was deleted by staff because it was posted in a discussion area. Like this thread is in.

Ads go in the classifieds section appropriate for whatever. Ammunition classifieds for this example.

PS: You were asking $3,000 for 500 rounds. Not $4,000 for 1,000 rounds.

PPS: you may have better luck at a gun show local to you , rather than a forum far away from you.

Last time I sold that ammo I got $3 per round--sounds like you didn't find the right sucker
No - I just wasn't greedy (I bought the ammo a long time ago and paid a lot less than I sold it for) and I did not want to sell a box at a time. I let the buyer deal with that hassle - which I am sure he did.

Current SXT/Ranger ammo is actually a little better than Black Talon while being very similar and costing less. So most people who buy the BT ammo do so just for having it in a collection, not to have a full case of ammo for shooting.

Personally I have a full case (1K) of RA40T Ranger T Series 180gr and some .45 ACP SXT also (IIRC), so I have no need or desire for BT ammo (I think I still have a box or two sitting around). I generally don't collect ammo - I "hoard" it. I do have a few bits of rare ammo - like Mk211 & SLAP, but I am not a collector.

PPS: you may have better luck at a gun show local to you , rather than a forum far away from you.
This.

Anybody who wants mass quantities of this is going to turn around and sell it a box at a time. They probably won't pay more than a couple $ per round at 500-1000 quantities for that reason (they will sell it a box at a time to collectors or people ignorant of the fact that SXT/Ranger is basically the same thing - even better).

Nope. Don't see it anywhere.

FWIW - that is a high price for the ammo. Last time I sold that exact same ammo I asked for and got $1.60 per round.

But you do you - sellers are allowed to ask whatever they want.
You saw black talon 45 a o at 1.69 per round? I don't see it anywhere near that. Again this isctgecresknvksck talon slug not the Winchester Ranger stuff with the shiny slugs. But the real black slug black talon 6 pedal ammo? Can you please showv me where black talon ammo id for sale anywhere for even $3 a round?

You saw black talon 45 a o at 1.69 per round? I don't see it anywhere near that. Again this isctgecresknvksck talon slug not the Winchester Ranger stuff with the shiny slugs. But the real black slug black talon 6 pedal ammo? Can you please showv me where black talon ammo id for sale anywhere for even $3 a round?
He sold his for $1.60/rd, as he wrote in the post you quoted…

SXT/Ranger is an improvement on Black Talon. I tested some in '92-93 and bought a half-case (500) for something like 50 CPR (IIRC - after all, it was 30 years ago) right after the SF shooting because I was thinking it would be banned.

I looked back in my inbox and found that I sold 23 boxes (20 rds each) for $782 == $1.70 per round in July of 2020.

Was just at a Gun Show in Carson City NV this past weekend. A dealer had quite a few boxes on his table and was asking $40 a box. After talking with him throughout the show he was willing to let it go for $30 a box because he has had it so long and the interest has fallen off. I also think he was just tired of lugging it back and forth to his car every gun show.

SXT/Ranger is an improvement on Black Talon. I tested some in '92-93 and bought a half-case (500) for something like 50 CPR (IIRC - after all, it was 30 years ago) right after the SF shooting because I was thinking it would be banned.

I looked back in my inbox and found that I sold 23 boxes (20 rds each) for $782 == $1.70 per round in July of 2020.

Just curious what the improvements are. Not questioning it, but have heard references to it for years and am in the dark.

Just curious what the improvements are. Not questioning it, but have heard references to it for years and am in the dark.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews