JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
James Wesley Rawles' new book, Survivors, will be out on October 4th! There is a nationwide campaign to purchase this book on the day of release to help propel him up the New York Times best seller list. This will be a great way to educate people about what may be coming if we get him high enough on the list. If you pre-order the book, it does not count. So please, everyone ensure they order the book on October 4th!

If you have not already done so, read Patriots! His first book in the series.

Patroits was a great book read it twice in the last few months. I also just finished the book One Second After, good read as well about EMP hitting the nation. Now I'm William R. Forstchen. Now im reading How to survive the end of the world as we know it by Rawles. Very informative.

another good read: "Lights Out" by David crawford

another EMP scenario but the premise is regular people (not necessarily preppers) managing to band together and learning to survive on the fly.

In some ways it is a little bit "wishful thinking" and IMO, paints too rosy a picture of what life would be like for non-preppers if the lights were to suddenly go out indefinitely....but it is still a REALLY good read.....page turner for sure.....

I liked Lights Out. The main character is a little hero-ish IMO, but a good book with a good twist, def recommended.

Wasn't a fan of Patriots personally. It seemed more like a survival manual if anything which included good ideas for the situation they were in. One Second After was great read, recommended.

Reading The Jakarta Pandemic now which halfway through is pretty good so far, haven't been able to put it down. I'll add Survivors to the list.

"Patriots" is actually a fictional rewrite of Rawles "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it" which is a survival manual. I thought it was nice to see how the classroom type information was put into action. I read "One Second After" and like it. However I wish they could have put a little more focus on day to day survival instead of glossing over it. I guess I willhave to add Lights Out and the Jakarta Pandemic as well.

I liked Lights Out. The main character is a little hero-ish IMO, but a good book with a good twist, def recommended.

Wasn't a fan of Patriots personally. It seemed more like a survival manual if anything which included good ideas for the situation they were in. One Second After was great read, recommended. Reading The Jakarta Pandemic now which halfway through is pretty good so far, haven't been able to put it down. I'll add Survivors to the list.

Didn't read lights out, but read One second after, IMO I thought the main character was as you said a little heroish, or everything was cenetered around him and his part in it.

Kinda sounds like todays society, everyone looking for a hero to save them or everything being centered a round one person, themselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top