Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse October 4th!!!

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Tactical Option, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Tactical Option

Tactical Option Western Oregon Member

James Wesley Rawles' new book, Survivors, will be out on October 4th! There is a nationwide campaign to purchase this book on the day of release to help propel him up the New York Times best seller list. This will be a great way to educate people about what may be coming if we get him high enough on the list. If you pre-order the book, it does not count. So please, everyone ensure they order the book on October 4th!

If you have not already done so, read Patriots! His first book in the series.

2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cool! Make sure to BTT this on October 4th for me. I'm old, forgetful and busy.

3. Working 4 U

Working 4 U Eugene Active Member

Patroits was a great book read it twice in the last few months. I also just finished the book One Second After, good read as well about EMP hitting the nation. Now I'm William R. Forstchen. Now im reading How to survive the end of the world as we know it by Rawles. Very informative.

4. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

I am reading The 12th Imam right now, but I read the description of this book, looks like it worth a read, I will give it a try.

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Darn and I though the collapse was gunna be the 4th

6. MissJ

MissJ Clackamas County Active Member

another good read: "Lights Out" by David crawford

another EMP scenario but the premise is regular people (not necessarily preppers) managing to band together and learning to survive on the fly.

In some ways it is a little bit "wishful thinking" and IMO, paints too rosy a picture of what life would be like for non-preppers if the lights were to suddenly go out indefinitely....but it is still a REALLY good read.....page turner for sure.....

7. apd193

apd193 Idaho New Member

I enjoyed this book so much I bought a digital copy to listen to in my patrol car!

8. Tactical Option

I have been considering reading Lights Out. Anyone have anymore insite?

9. cascade_matt

cascade_matt Bend, OR New Member

I liked Lights Out. The main character is a little hero-ish IMO, but a good book with a good twist, def recommended.

Wasn't a fan of Patriots personally. It seemed more like a survival manual if anything which included good ideas for the situation they were in. One Second After was great read, recommended.

Reading The Jakarta Pandemic now which halfway through is pretty good so far, haven't been able to put it down. I'll add Survivors to the list.

10. Tactical Option

"Patriots" is actually a fictional rewrite of Rawles "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it" which is a survival manual. I thought it was nice to see how the classroom type information was put into action. I read "One Second After" and like it. However I wish they could have put a little more focus on day to day survival instead of glossing over it. I guess I willhave to add Lights Out and the Jakarta Pandemic as well.

11. brianjronk

brianjronk Marysville, WA Active Member

I thought the same thing when I read the title and was bummed cause that's when the new iPhone is suppose to be announced

12. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Didn't read lights out, but read One second after, IMO I thought the main character was as you said a little heroish, or everything was cenetered around him and his part in it.

Kinda sounds like todays society, everyone looking for a hero to save them or everything being centered a round one person, themselves.