JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious as to how many people here are prepared for emergencies, disasters or the unknown. Does everyone here have their bugout bag or have a plan A/B in case riots or martial law is declared? Since this site is mainly into firearms...do we all have our survival rifle or gun?

Censored. I have been told my sense of humor is "OVER THE EDGE" by the Admins. Not sure why? But Ok. So to protect the innocent from getting their feelings hurt, their eyes ruined, or their brains perverted, I'm removing all my posts to avoid any problems.

NEW AND Politically IMPROVED! Politically Correct for the current times in America!!!

Interesting topic. I've spent a bit of time thinking on this one. My 2 cents: Break down the emergency into durations: e.g. 24 hours, 72 hours, 1 week, 3 weeks, months. A firearm may be important in the 24-72 hour emergency (depending on the nature of the threat), but it won't likely be needed until we get into a long-term crisis.

Focus on fresh water, heating and dry foods. A stockpile of the medications you might need. A generator, if you need electricity. A weather radio. A cell phone plan that includes txt messaging. If you've got the extra bucks, and need a new hobby- a ham radio.

I have a more rural location I can runnoft to if need be, with a well, woodstove and self -contained power. I know 4 different routes to get there...

Oh, and dont' forget your plastic and duct-tape ; )

There are a number of websites that carry emergency rations and equipment. I have used the Ready Store and their prices aren't too bad and their shipments are fairly quick. You can find them at www.thereadystore.com. They carry a wide selection of food stuffs and emergency equipment.

Never know when something might come up! Helps to be prepared.

otoe

Last Edited:
one issue with the bug-out plan...

there may already be people living where you plan to go. For instance, I live in a little town in the coast range. When the exodus from the valley population centers start to arrive, no one here is going to be very pleased to see you.

one issue with the bug-out plan...

there may already be people living where you plan to go. For instance, I live in a little town in the coast range. When the exodus from the valley population centers start to arrive, no one here is going to be very pleased to see you.

hah. Good point. But, in all likelihood, the tsunami will hit before the zombies. Maybe we could do some kind of home share?

Here are some items that everyone should have in their "BOB":
- a multi-tool like a leatherman or gerber
- a water filter that filters down to .2 micron
- lighter (zippo, bic)
- led flashlight
- compass
- tarp and ropes
- energy bars
- trowel/spade or small folding shovel
- last but not least, your trusty glock, sig, 1911 with 4 full mags

the more items you have, the better.

Forget this get out of Dodge crap... Everyone will be fleeing the scene and I'm going to break the norm and go on the offensive. I will trust no one that I don't know and shoot first ask questions later. Maybe there should be pods or places that NWFA members can meet up to "pool" resources.

With the impending economic collapse and the declining value of the dollar, we should all be buying survival gear or anything tangible that can later be traded/barter. Don't forget the body armor/plate, because people will likely be paranoid and shoot at you first like "MacBookProAR".

Are there people here interested in starting a preparedness group? If you have read Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse, you know what I'm thinking of. There could be a group of like minded individuals that contribute key skills or resources toward a common goal of having a plan & place to go to should the SHTF. I live in Portland, and think a group of us who live within reasonable driving distance from a common "center" could do much better together than apart. I would be willing to help coordinate; PM me if interested.

Are there people here interested in starting a preparedness group? If you have read Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse, you know what I'm thinking of. There could be a group of like minded individuals that contribute key skills or resources toward a common goal of having a plan & place to go to should the SHTF. I live in Portland, and think a group of us who live within reasonable driving distance from a common "center" could do much better together than apart. I would be willing to help coordinate; PM me if interested.

I read it...good book. He also has a website "survivalblog.com", its a good place to get info on.http://survivalblog.com/

If you have good camping gear you are ahead of the game (e.g. tent, stove, sleeping bags, radio, basic first aid kit).

Basics first: water and food. Yes, the gun too!

Really you can go the deep end with this topic but to keep it honest we do live in an earthquake zone and there are lots of manmade to natural disasters. A couple of years ago went through a week without power and that's bad enough.

All the experts in disaster management suggest that everyone have at least 3 days of food/water for each person and some basic emergency supplies.

<broken link removed>

Communication will be a key to any long term disaster. Info of what's happening will be a priority.

Make sure your tent is dark in color or camo so people will not spot you so easily. Set up some motion detection around your base camp (IF detectors). With the detectors on...you can sleep better :s0129:

I have been in the "Prepping" mode for a while now. It is the reason I subscribe to this Forum. If you want to get a feel of how close we could be to a situation that could change life in the U.S.A. as we know it, pick up the book "One Second After". It describes as a story, a possible event that changes everything. By the 3rd day after the event order starts breaking down and chaos reigns. It might motivate you to start storing extra food or shock you into saying "What's the use!!!"

A good source for Survival techniques is the "Survival Podcast"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads