JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noticed a few things yesterday while grocery shopping:

1) No lentils at Costco in some time - except for packaged meals. Not many at Winco, but price was $1/pound, so that is normal. I did get ~3 pounds of green split peas.

2) Cans of name brand chili returned to 98 cents per can (was about $1.2 recently), but I am not sure - the cans were 14 ounces - I don't remember if they were always that weight or if that is less.

3) I have not seen packaged frozen Alaska (or even Pacific) salmon in a while - especially the marinated fillets I like.

4) Dollar Store had zero matches. I am going to have to search for my backup stash as I am down to my last 8 matches for the woodstove. Everything got packed away when my kids helped me purge/clean my house, so I am pretty sure I have another couple of boxes, but not sure where they are.

4) Dollar Store had zero matches. I am going to have to search for my backup stash as I am down to my last 8 matches for the woodstove. Everything got packed away when my kids helped me purge/clean my house, so I am pretty sure I have another couple of boxes, but not sure where they are.
If you need matches, I have a few thousand socked away... hundreds of candles, too! We could work out a trade if'n you get desperate... ;)

If you need matches, I have a few thousand socked away... hundreds of candles, too! We could work out a trade if'n you get desperate... ;)
I didn't look for my matches today, instead I cut/split more firewood. I do have other sources of flame - a small and large propane torch. I also have some flint/steel/etc. fire starters, and some waterproof matches. I will probably order some matches from Amazon - got seven left now after starting a fire in the stove today.

I remember reading an article a number of years ago by a guy that lived through an inflationary economic bust (it was either Venezuela or Argentina, can't remember which), and one of the interesting things was that Bic Lighters were a fantastic barter item.

I didn't look for my matches today, instead I cut/split more firewood. I do have other sources of flame - a small and large propane torch. I also have some flint/steel/etc. fire starters, and some waterproof matches. I will probably order some matches from Amazon - got seven left now after starting a fire in the stove today.
Bic lighters are handy as well.

I became an adult in the early 1970's. It was a traumatic time to have to live through for everyone (except for those who owned a lot of real estate, which, as a young man, I did not).

Anyhow, there was a book at that time published in 1975, entitled: "How You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis," by Harry Browne.

I Very Highly Recommend for any Young Person to READ IT (realizing that certain portions of it, relating to Swiss Bank accounts and etc. are no longer valid nowadays).

But, what I want to say is this: I remember Very Clearly and Distinctly, One Thing Harry Browne Said In That Book, from nearly 50 years ago:

"Inflation always shows up FIRST, as Shortages"

What you are looking for just isn't on the shelf. And THEN, the next time it appears on the shelf, it's at a higher price.

Be Advised.

A neighbor made me aware of this company. US Foods. I showed it to wifey and she wants to go - says the prices look good on a few things. We might just need to partition the portions before freezing.

A neighbor made me aware of this company. US Foods. I showed it to wifey and she wants to go - says the prices look good on a few things. We might just need to partition the portions before freezing.

Us foods chef stores?

-Used to be Cash & Carry. Highly recommend if so!

May be hitting them after shift. Have our list.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top