Simply Triggers
HighLine Firearms
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems

Longwalkhome

Reactions
Looks like whole foods is cutting 90% of their chicken production which will drive chicken up to $10 a pound from 3.40 a pound. Raise your own I guess.

Amazon workers are said to be going on strike black Friday, might want to think about that.

ma96782

Reactions
Looks like whole foods is cutting 90% of their chicken production which will drive chicken up to $10 a pound from 3.40 a pound. Raise your own I guess.

Amazon workers are said to be going on strike black Friday, might want to think about that.
It got me thinking.
Commercial production of chickens or really?

BUT, But, but.......do they KNOW what awaits their future as a HAPPY CHICKEN?

BTW......there was also that new CA regulation about increased living space for pigs.

BTW.....it's NOT only about CA pigs. In other words....a farmer in another state also needs to comply, if they plan to sell their pig products to CA.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Reactions
Whole foods has humane veal too.

Our Animal Welfare Certified chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and pork is raised with no antibiotics — ever — and no added hormones.

There are no hormones approved for use in the production of poultry, goat, veal calves, mature sheep or exotic, non-amenable species (such as bison, buffalo, elk and venison).

Reactions
This might just be rumors, but...

https://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/qze18r
I think this is what is happening:

"it isnt that its shorter its just older. probably tapping into the reserve food storage areas across the country. which means at some point all those crops and farms that went bust is gonna catch up with us if they dont fix theyre production/harvest problems next season before they run out. it would explain a few things, speculative of course to a degree"

If
it is happening.

ma96782

Reactions
Whole foods has humane veal too.

Our Animal Welfare Certified chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and pork is raised with no antibiotics — ever — and no added hormones.

There are no hormones approved for use in the production of poultry, goat, veal calves, mature sheep or exotic, non-amenable species (such as bison, buffalo, elk and venison).
Chemicals?

Well, I think that veal production/producers have a bigger problem.

Not judging if you like veal or not.

Aloha, Mark

There is another spin on the trucking shortage. At the beginning of last year, right as covid was hitting, trucking companies were required to use a "clearinghouse" for drug and alcohol violations. This makes it very difficult for drivers who fail drug tests to jump from job to job. Many of the drivers who failed a test would be eligible to go through the "back to work" process but few are doing it. I'm betting that many are migrating to jobs that do not have DOT drug testing.

Many over the road drivers are moving to local jobs so they can be home more, leaving the over the road jobs to new drivers, who don't like them either. As some have posted articles, the drivers may be out there, but there is chaos in the industry. The drivers at the ports have about the most sucky possible working and pay conditions...so this is not helping.

Love me some veal. And lamb. So young... so juicy... so tender...

Although it seems that I can only get really good veal in European countries like Italy and France.

The lamb choppers that y'all see in my "What's on the Grill Tonight" posts come from New Zealand.

Last Edited:
What could go wrong.jpg

Mono1

Reactions
This might just be rumors, but...

https://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/qze18r
I think this is what is happening:

"it isnt that its shorter its just older. probably tapping into the reserve food storage areas across the country. which means at some point all those crops and farms that went bust is gonna catch up with us if they dont fix theyre production/harvest problems next season before they run out. it would explain a few things, speculative of course to a degree"

If
it is happening.
My thinking is that with Supply Chains at a standstill / Clogged / Or at a minimum moving like Sh*t thru a funnel, it stands to reason that the input ingredients are coming at later dates as well, so the final product has to reflect that.

Depends on the 18 year old. By 18 my dad had spent years hopping freight trains to work as a mechanic across the southern US working to send money home to his family and at 18 was clearing Japanese soldiers out of caves in the PI. Today's 18 year olds? Maybe not...
I would agree. As a teenager in northern Minnesota, my dad and his older brothers would hop freight trains as their preferred mode of travel, not having access to a car. The railroad ran right along the border of my grandad's property, so hopping on and off was easy. By 18, my dad was putting himself through school at the University of Minnesota in a silvicultural degree program while working as a night custodian/janitor after classes. By 20, he had earned his 4-year degree (in just 2 years) and enlisted in the Army, serving in Alaska in the Signal Corps and being "loaned out" to the Alaska Road Commission to work the improvements to the recently-finished AlCan Highway. This early work is what led him to join the US Forest Service, and eventually join the US Army Corps of Engineers by the time he was 30. So yeah, a different generation of 18-year-olds...

My dad is the 4-year-old little schit in the front. They all shared shoes.
Being the youngest male of a brood of 14 kids, everything he ever wore was a hand-me-down.
His first set of new clothes came courtesy of the US Army...

Dad & his brothers 1934-large.jpg

ETA: My dad tells me that when this picture was taken, the photographer said, "Watch the birdy!"
My dad, being but 4 yoa at the time and never having seen a camera before, seriously thought there was a bird in the camera.
He maintains to this day that he was ardently looking for it at the time the shutter clicked...

Last Edited:

Longwalkhome

Reactions
Just a point of view on on the supply chain. The consequences of shutting down the nation shut down thousands of small businesses, the heart and soul of the economy. By keeping them struggling for 18 months most are closed now.

A lot of goods on ships waiting to be off loaded. With small businesses destroyed who is going to sell those goods?

If big businesses get the goods then they can charge any price because there is no competition in the market place.

It's my opinion our system of capitalism has been destroyed by government tyranny with covid as the tool.

Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems
Let Freedom Ring
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors January Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows