JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yes tires in general but specialized tires you are a bit hosed I wanted to throw a new set on a GP bike I have and nobody had a set one had to come from Georgia and another from Cali ! If you think you may need something order it now there are no warehouses full of stuff anymore but,,,, people will go above and beyond to make $$$ I wanted a carbon fiber exhaust for my Aprilia and low and behold a company in Marinello Italy delivered the same people that do exhausts for the car the begins with Fer and is red !

Yes tires in general but specialized tires you are a bit hosed I wanted to throw a new set on a GP bike I have and nobody had a set one had to come from Georgia and another from Cali ! If you think you may need something order it now there are no warehouses full of stuff anymore but,,,, people will go above and beyond to make $$$ I wanted a carbon fiber exhaust for my Aprilia and low and behold a company in Marinello Italy delivered the same people that do exhausts for the car the begins with Fer and is red !
This post really demonstrates the value of punctuation.

My daughter has first management job at auto-glass replacement place in Seattle. She previously alerted me to a glass shortage (auto and home).

This weekend she said there is a shortage coming soon on tires (rubber compound?). So if you need new tires...
Not to worry. For the economy minded sector of the tire buying market, there is this one from China.......

1706423406981.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I have been looking for some tires for my daily driver - I would like to have some studded snow tires for when (not if) it gets icy again. But I need some wheels for that too. But having those isn't crucial - I should just stay home if it is icy.

I have been looking for some tires for my daily driver - I would like to have some studded snow tires for when (not if) it gets icy again. But I need some wheels for that too. But having those isn't crucial - I should just stay home if it is icy.
In our latest snowy/icy episode, the vehicles stay parked until the roads weren't icy anymore. Most Oregonians struggle to drive in the rain, I don't trust them in the snow or ice…

Being a southeastern New England'er, I'm competent in snow and ice. I know my and my vehicles capabilities and limitations. It's others I don't trust. I watched the news, I understand what they're capable of.

I was actually surprised by the lack of collisions on my route to work during the last ordeal. Usually there's a path of shame. Abandoned or wrecked cars.

On the worst day at work, Initially only myself and a guy from Minnesota showed up. Later one other guy made it.

The snow and ice we get here in the valley is the worst kind for driving, we barely get cold enough for it to stick so it is generally a mix. The liquid on top acts a lubricant making it far more slippery than driving in the teens in frozen solid ice. I go out in adverse conditions because I enjoy it, plus it is a skill that if not practiced one you will lose. This year I have a 16 year old daughter that I helped develop some of those skills, she is a more than your average level of intelligence and succeeded well. She drove me more than 400 total miles in varying road conditions, I'd put her driving skills ahead of the average person at 16. Of course she's been driving cars and trucks since she was 9 around the farm and trails.

In our latest snowy/icy episode, the vehicles stay parked until the roads weren't icy anymore. Most Oregonians struggle to drive in the rain, I don't trust them in the snow or ice…

Being a southeastern New England'er, I'm competent in snow and ice. I know my and my vehicles capabilities and limitations. It's others I don't trust. I watched the news, I understand what they're capable of.
There is just one part of my private road, near the first house at the top of the road where it is the steepest and most twisty and narrow, that is difficult when icy. The trees keep it shaded too. I have to slow down because of the curves and that makes it difficult to get past there when icy.

All that means we (not just me) sometimes get stuck there trying to get out.

I had a dr. appt that I didn't want to miss so I took a chance and failed, resulting in my car skidding backwards off the road. If I had studs I would have not had as much difficulty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top