JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bic brand or something that melts in your hand when you use it?

I was looking on Amazon at some of the disposable lighter deals, and the "good" off-brand deals had multiple reviews where the lighter melted or otherwise fell apart while in use.
Large generic ones that work very well generally.
I've been using a Zippo for a ways recently just for the fun of it because cooler.

Been shopping them for years. Great place and a lot of restaurant grade supplies beyond food.
Yup!

They had everything on our list. I need to stick to the list...hahaha!

Skipped buying soy sauce, because I "think" it was a better value at Costco. All others good to great buys.

Notable & heads up for other folks: Always check best by dating!

All of that stores Fiesta Parboil Rice 25lb bags was BB dated 6/2021, packed 6/2020. -Would have been absolutely fine to throw into pantry/immediate use (IMO). However wanted "fresher" to put up. Their "Monarch" branded parboil rice was dated BB out to 2/2023, so bought 50lbs.

Bic brand or something that melts in your hand when you use it?

I was looking on Amazon at some of the disposable lighter deals, and the "good" off-brand deals had multiple reviews where the lighter melted or otherwise fell apart while in use.
AND...maybe you'll have a leak in storage, after all those years.

Aloha, Mark

He_s_Right.png

But then...I've also encountered my share of moisture-soaked (or just plain wet) matches or bad QC where it wouldn't light when struck against the strip provided on the box (or flap) or where the heads would just fall apart.

Aloha, Mark

View attachment 1068410

But then...I've also encountered my share of moisture-soaked (or just plain wet) matches or bad QC where it wouldn't light when struck against the strip provided on the box (or flap) or where the heads would just fall apart.

Aloha, Mark
These wooden matches:

15688758.jpg
Pretty much suck compared to the old matches of my youth. You have to be careful to not break them they are rather fragile as being half as thick (or even thinner) and somewhat shorter. And the heads are poor too - harder to light, burn out quicker. But I have learned to be careful with them, and I learned from a bushcraft vid how to strike a wooden match so it doesn't break as easily; I hold the match downwards (lightly) like I am going to dig the head into the friction stripe and push instead of pull. This reduces the likelihood that the match will break.

I still break matches, just not near as often.

I remember when you could buy 100 butane lighters at Costco for 5 bux. Had those jammed everywhere and once in a while run across one I stashed. Bought them like 20 years ago and last time I ran across one it still worked.

These wooden matches:

View attachment 1068416
Pretty much suck compared to the old matches of my youth. You have to be careful to not break them they are rather fragile as being half as thick (or even thinner) and somewhat shorter. And the heads are poor too - harder to light, burn out quicker. But I have learned to be careful with them, and I learned from a bushcraft vid how to strike a wooden match so it doesn't break as easily; I hold the match downwards (lightly) like I am going to dig the head into the friction stripe and push instead of pull. This reduces the likelihood that the match will break.

I still break matches, just not near as often.
Yah, similar experience.

Those are all that our local Fred Meyer had available when I went to stock up.

Not the large size either, just regular small wooden match size. Like the size of regular cardboard book matches.

Put the boxes in zip lock bags with some dessicants, due to our variable humidity.

-Wonder if BiMart has better options?

Yah, similar experience.

Those are all that our local Fred Meyer had available when I went to stock up.

Not the large size either, just regular small wooden match size. Like the size of regular cardboard book matches.

Put the boxes in zip lock bags with some dessicants, due to our variable humidity.

-Wonder if BiMart has better options?

I really like the Coghlan's, especially the ones on the top in the pic below.

When you strike 'em, it makes you feel Alive! :)

Coghlan's.jpg

These I got from Major Surplus in Kali, some time ago. Looks like they are currently OOS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top