JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noticed a few things yesterday while grocery shopping:

1) No lentils at Costco in some time - except for packaged meals. Not many at Winco, but price was $1/pound, so that is normal. I did get ~3 pounds of green split peas.

2) Cans of name brand chili returned to 98 cents per can (was about $1.2 recently), but I am not sure - the cans were 14 ounces - I don't remember if they were always that weight or if that is less.

3) I have not seen packaged frozen Alaska (or even Pacific) salmon in a while - especially the marinated fillets I like.

4) Dollar Store had zero matches. I am going to have to search for my backup stash as I am down to my last 8 matches for the woodstove. Everything got packed away when my kids helped me purge/clean my house, so I am pretty sure I have another couple of boxes, but not sure where they are.

4) Dollar Store had zero matches. I am going to have to search for my backup stash as I am down to my last 8 matches for the woodstove. Everything got packed away when my kids helped me purge/clean my house, so I am pretty sure I have another couple of boxes, but not sure where they are.
If you need matches, I have a few thousand socked away... hundreds of candles, too! We could work out a trade if'n you get desperate... ;)

If you need matches, I have a few thousand socked away... hundreds of candles, too! We could work out a trade if'n you get desperate... ;)
I didn't look for my matches today, instead I cut/split more firewood. I do have other sources of flame - a small and large propane torch. I also have some flint/steel/etc. fire starters, and some waterproof matches. I will probably order some matches from Amazon - got seven left now after starting a fire in the stove today.

I remember reading an article a number of years ago by a guy that lived through an inflationary economic bust (it was either Venezuela or Argentina, can't remember which), and one of the interesting things was that Bic Lighters were a fantastic barter item.

I didn't look for my matches today, instead I cut/split more firewood. I do have other sources of flame - a small and large propane torch. I also have some flint/steel/etc. fire starters, and some waterproof matches. I will probably order some matches from Amazon - got seven left now after starting a fire in the stove today.
Bic lighters are handy as well.

I became an adult in the early 1970's. It was a traumatic time to have to live through for everyone (except for those who owned a lot of real estate, which, as a young man, I did not).

Anyhow, there was a book at that time published in 1975, entitled: "How You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis," by Harry Browne.

I Very Highly Recommend for any Young Person to READ IT (realizing that certain portions of it, relating to Swiss Bank accounts and etc. are no longer valid nowadays).

But, what I want to say is this: I remember Very Clearly and Distinctly, One Thing Harry Browne Said In That Book, from nearly 50 years ago:

"Inflation always shows up FIRST, as Shortages"

What you are looking for just isn't on the shelf. And THEN, the next time it appears on the shelf, it's at a higher price.

Be Advised.

A neighbor made me aware of this company. US Foods. I showed it to wifey and she wants to go - says the prices look good on a few things. We might just need to partition the portions before freezing.

A neighbor made me aware of this company. US Foods. I showed it to wifey and she wants to go - says the prices look good on a few things. We might just need to partition the portions before freezing.

Us foods chef stores?

-Used to be Cash & Carry. Highly recommend if so!

May be hitting them after shift. Have our list.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top