JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
P.S. Since I happen to be employed by a government organization in a position that is involved with their emergency operations plan, I always carry my two government IDs with me when I travel. They might just be my ticket home if authorities do have a road block of some sort along my path. In the earthquake scenario, this could also apply to privately employed persons such as equipment operators and medical personnel.

Gym bag is it? Then 3 letters 1 word. MSR pistol in Multi Cal. w RDS. Nothing says "out of my way" like that if you gotta get out of your rig and hoof it. Do have the CCW pistol and extra mags for it but if SHTF I'd want an edge and that edge is stand off capability accurately beyond 50 yards, single point sling and disappears under a coat like it was never there.....YMMV

Did you know the old milsurp COmmie AK pouch will hold quatro standard cap aluminum or steel mags??? Nice, neat little package of hate and discontent at your finger tips if it becomes a bad day at Black Rock.

Brutus Out

P.S. Since I happen to be employed by a government organization in a position that is involved with their emergency operations plan, I always carry my two government IDs with me when I travel. They might just be my ticket home if authorities do have a road block of some sort along my path. In the earthquake scenario, this could also apply to privately employed persons such as equipment operators and medical personnel.

I hope I am stuck in traffic behind you DM, I'll just say and point: "I am with him!"

Brutus Out

You know most of the state is a desert right . Westerners o_O...
To most Oregonians its the valley that they're thinking about.
Go over the Western mountains and ya run into the coastal areas with some fresh water and a whole lot of salt water . Go over the Eastern mountains over the Cascades, it is high desert and not as much flowing water.. but a lot of rocks, sand, and scrub pines.

That said.. again.. wet side of Oregon is west of the Cascades :)

Yep. Lived in that liberal infested soakhole for 20 years. Best thing I ever did was move onto the other side of the hills.
We are really having a significant problem on the Western slopes of the Cascades being overrun by people who just want to experience "wild Oregon" without being too far from their cars...... many of the formerly good places in the Willamette National forests are quite frankly... trashed and full of rv'ers and lifted trucks and loud people :mad: made for interesting trips getting AWAY though. And this is JUST the summer campers. If SHTF expect the roads entering the Cascades to be blocked and turned into long ribbons of parking lots with tents and such right next to them on the hills and lots of tree cutting for fuel/cook fires; that is if the woods arent already burning en masses thanks to idiots or scorched earth politics

Stuck in traffic on 26 this AM trying to get to work. :mad:

Finally got off and took skyline over to burnside which was backed up too

Went over to barnes then cornell and it was backed up too.

Got a good look at the hills and bridges and tunnels as I crept along cornell. going to rethink using that as an alternate route if an earthquake hits - the tunnels would probably cave in, several of the bridges and hills would probably wash away in landslides. and on a day like today it is as bad as 26.

Last Edited:
http://gizmodo.com/5825618/a-canoe-that-can-fit-inside-a-backpack/
9 pounds. NINE. Half the Wee Lassie traditional canoe and a quarter of the origami canoe. Unfortunately not mass produced but I do not see why it wont be possible to build one with say vinyl or similar skin and carbon fiber telescoping tubes for the frame or at the least graphite tubing... 9 ft I think. I know someone made a 12ft skin on frame canoe using modern fabric and wood framing and got the weight to 20 lbs..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top