JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry I'd just prefer the shelves recover quickly even if prices are high on stuff.... Buying hand sanitizer for 60$ a bottle is better then not being able to buy it for a year.

Yeah...
No
If you are worried, just make up a spray bottle with anti-bacterial/germ soap and water. Have another bottle to rinse with and save your $60 for ammo. I'm a capitalist too, but I also believe in having a plan B

I'm such an evil capitalist I'm praying for price gouging so more people step up to the demand.

Sorry I'd just prefer the shelves recover quickly even if prices are high on stuff.... Buying hand sanitizer for 60$ a bottle is better then not being able to buy it for a year.
Don't you have any soap?

Yeah...
No
If you are worried, just make up a spray bottle with anti-bacterial/germ soap and water. Have another bottle to rinse with and save your $60 for ammo. I'm a capitalist too, but I also believe in having a plan B
Yea, or doing without. That's my plan B.

Can we bring Russian collusion back? I never thought I would say that but at least that hysteria didn't prevent me from buying products to wipe my butt with.

Yeah, lots of people not from my area raiding the grocery store.

I did my normal shopping, a little annoyed we had to switch to alternative items for a few things but for some reason most of the stuff we buy nobody else wants...

I'm not sure what meaning there is in that.

Also why are people hoarding bread? I'm keto so I can't touch the stuff but I don't get it.

It's a perishable item... And milk, why milk, it goes bad quick. Maybe because of the cereal?

I dunno I don't consume any of it.... Its like people decided to prepare for the flu by hoarding carbohydrates. Do they not know the virus likely will thrive in a sugar rich environment? And beer, ok that one I get but it'll lower their immune systems.

Anyway, just tried to go about my life as normal, I feel sorry for all the people in a panic.

You can freeze both. The answer t both is its being done by idiots and there is nothing like a threat of a crisis to make people show their true selves. .

Here in Vernonia we had people traveling these past two days from Hillsboro and Portland to shop at our one single grocery store searching for TP and other commodities.

It reached a point today where our market put rationing in place on some items to try and keep stock on the shelves. This of course set off some individuals who were denied buying pallets of TP after having driven out here from the valley. I heard one report of police being called to remove an individual from the store (haven't confirmed this yet but word does travel fast here).

Personally I think we should just shut off the highway. No one from here is really traveling this weekend anyway.

-E-
I would fully expect the Police will be having to deal with a lot of these morons. When Wife came back from Wally she told of seeing one clown with mask and gloves getting told to leave. Stock people were going like mad to try to get stuff on the shelf. This guy demands them to go in the back and find some item he wants. They told him no. So he then demands they tear down the pallet of product they were working on to find what he wanted. Some manager told him to hit the road. :D

1) "They had a little tp left, I didn't need it, …"
You should have bought it anyway. APICS calls it hedge stock or something...
2) "I just realized I have canned mushrooms,..."
Then you are out of mushrooms. Canned mushrooms are too disgusting to eat, and an abomination in the sight of God and Man. The reason most people don't like 'shrooms is because all they have ever tried are canned. There are certain things that should not be canned. Mushrooms and spinach are #s 1 & 2 and I like them both in the fresh or frozen states of matter (never had the chance to try them in the Plasma state). Creamed spinach is truly a delight.
3) "I give it less than a week before some riots start, it's got to be Trumps fault some how."
We live in semi rural (can whizz in the yard but can't shoot) Snohomish County - inside the WA Hot Zone. If the Demokratik Peoples' Republik of Seattle goes all Mad Max I'm gonna sit back in my new Lazy Boy recliner, open an Irish Death [dark smooth ale]*, and watch the fun. The last time the DNC's SA troops started to get uppity and nasty SPD squashed it most rikki-tik, holding the death and arson to a bare minimum. Whether or not Gauleiter Durkan would sic the Kripos on them remains to be seen. If things were to get crazy enough you can bet the street gangs would be taking full advantage of the situation. The entertainment value would be inestimable. :D
FWIW, we live ~50m back from a cul-de-sac with a commanding view from the 2nd story.
* It's like beer candy.
4) "So he then demands they tear down the pallet of product they were working on to find what he wanted. Some manager told him to hit the road. :D"
It was morons like that who convinced our son to do something else besides retail. (Thank God). When he realized that he wanted to smack most of the people he had to deal with in the face it was time for another vocation.
5) "I learned to never eat (2) costco dogs at one time."
I once ate 4 hot dogs @ the gun club's work party because that was all there was. In so doing I reinforced my initial opinion that they are in fact toxic to humans and not for internal use. :eek:

Last Edited:
They are really making it a b@tch on my weekly MEBB runs( milk, egg, bread and bananas )
Spent 45mins in check out at the Winco, had 5 items and no one would let me ahead.
Seen carts so full, looked like the shelves were dumped in to them.

The ones who keep talking about Hillary Clinton.

spongebob%20love[1].jpg s-l1000[1].jpg

I am all for being prepared so I dont see much of an issue with stocking up. It is a self fulfilling prophecy though. If you think the store shelves will be empty and enough people agree with you it will be so. Remember those lines around the block you'd see from pictures in the Soviet Union in the 80's? Those were like that for a reason.

Just got back from Costco. No chicken. None. Rice? Gone. Beans? Gone. Toilet paper? Forget about it ( Got mine though :) ) .
Bought a couple of hundred bucks worth of staples i will use eventually.

I learned to never eat (2) costco dogs at one time. Power them down in Clackamas and still be tasting them by the time I hit shakytown.
Have you not heard of the TP shortages? If you are over 15 and still eating hotdogs, chili and ice cream you deserve everything that is coming your way.

I remember the pics of your boy shooting various firearms. I hope ammo shortage doesn't keep ya'll from going out!
Nope! Plus, we've got his AR project we are working on to keep us occupied. His lower parts kit will get here tomorrow according to tracking and we will start on that.:s0155:

They use bats now

Cosco dogs are made of bats now!!!!! Tell everybody! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm such an evil capitalist I'm praying for price gouging so more people step up to the demand.

The next shortage is going to be gasoline because people are driving so far to get some TP.... welcome to gas at $7.99 a gallon!!! ;)

Yes, and hand sanitizer, and TP, but my wife likes this particular coffee creamer they are out of now because of the panic buying.

I would be willing to pay more to make my wife happy.

Can you blame me?

Nope. "If the wife ain happy, ain nobody happy!!"

The two small grocery stores close to me have plenty of everything guess hillybilly preppers dont feel the need to rush out for tp

Thanx for lettin us know... see you soon!!! lol

Have you not heard of the TP shortages? If you are over 15 and still eating hotdogs, chili and ice cream you deserve everything that is coming your way.

Yeah, but I'll die happy! With a congested heart instead of with a black heart like food snobs. :p ;):D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top