JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
we were just watching an episode of the TV show FBI in which a woman ran up to an off duty agent and claimed some one had just attacked her
when he turned to help her, her partner hit him with a pistol and robbed him

this happened to me when I lived on 45th St in SE Portland back in 1981 - but the outcome was different

we were sitting at the table for dinner when we heard a woman screaming for HELP outside the front of the house

I walked to the front window and looked out and a guy was beating a woman on our front sidewalk

I ran to my bedroom and got my old Ruger .357 pistol

then all of use, my son (only 6 years old) and our 2 room mates, went out on the front porch

she continued to scream for help, so I calmly told her "young lady if you need help, come up here on the porch"

"I can't, I can't", she screamed

so I raised the .357 up and cocked the hammer "CLICK-CLICK-CLICK" - very loud in the quiet night

at the sound of the pistol cocking, they both jumped up and ran off together

it was a fake out - trying to get me to come down off the porch where the 2 of them could jump me

we were just watching an episode of the TV show FBI in which a woman ran up to an off duty agent and claimed some one had just attacked her
when he turned to help her, her partner hit him with a pistol and robbed him

this happened to me when I lived on 45th St in SE Portland back in 1981 - but the outcome was different

we were sitting at the table for dinner when we heard a woman screaming for HELP outside the front of the house

I walked to the front window and looked out and a guy was beating a woman on our front sidewalk

I ran to my bedroom and got my old Ruger .357 pistol

then all of use, my son (only 6 years old) and our 2 room mates, went out on the front porch

she continued to scream for help, so I calmly told her "young lady if you need help, come up here on the porch"

"I can't, I can't", she screamed

so I raised the .357 up and cocked the hammer "CLICK-CLICK-CLICK" - very loud in the quiet night

at the sound of the pistol cocking, they both jumped up and ran off together

it was a fake out - trying to get me to come down off the porch where the 2 of them could jump me
Set-ups like that happened a lot in Detroit.
On more than one occasion in the early '80's, old women would drench themselves in cows blood and wander in the street where the ambush was. Unwitting motorists who stopped to help were robbed, beaten and their cars taken.
20 years later, I was in Miami to do some programming work on a billionaire's yacht. I was warned ahead, "the shipyard's in the Haitian district, be careful." In the two mile long stretch of street I drove to get to the yard, a youngster on a moped pulled out in front of me and then started to weave, as if he was playing chicken. I dropped back and gave him space, and thought, "you stop and block my path and I'll run you over." He lost interest after a few blocks. At the yard, they unlocked the gate for me to get in, and locked it behind me. When I told them about the moped kid, they confirmed, "yes, ambushes do happen on this street."

Years ago, my first day in San Diego, I got lost downtown and took a shortcut up a wide alley toward a hotel. A few well-melanized individuals came along and tried to get me to guess which card out of three was the queen. They laid them out on the street and shuffled them around a bit. I was uninterested, but I did notice one of them positioning himself, seemingly in hopes I might lean over to point at a card, as his associate was repeatedly encouraging me to do. I shifted to face him, at which point he backed off. I then informed them that I was familiar with Three Card Monte and continued on my way. They seemed a little disappointed.

Pretty sure they were hoping to mug me, not just con me.

Gave up helping or calling 911. Last time I intervened a old guy in his 60s was choking out a 5yr old or younger in the parking lot of Walmart, told him knock it off or I'll tune him up. He tossed her in the car an continued so I called 911. Longview police arrived saw the girl with black eyes an red hand marks an talked to the guy then let him go as i was the bad guy for making him have to retreat to his vehicle to be "safe" from harm. Sgt of patrol got to watch a cell video of the incident an let me go home graciously.. so let what's happening happen unless there's no witnesses or cameras.

Gave up helping or calling 911. Last time I intervened a old guy in his 60s was choking out a 5yr old or younger in the parking lot of Walmart, told him knock it off or I'll tune him up. He tossed her in the car an continued so I called 911. Longview police arrived saw the girl with black eyes an red hand marks an talked to the guy then let him go as i was the bad guy for making him have to retreat to his vehicle to be "safe" from harm. Sgt of patrol got to watch a cell video of the incident an let me go home graciously.. so let what's happening happen unless there's no witnesses or cameras.
Longview Kelso, the armpit of the world...

Never recovered, have you.
images.jpeg-300.jpg

Years ago, my first day in San Diego, I got lost downtown and took a shortcut up a wide alley toward a hotel. A few well-melanized individuals came along and tried to get me to guess which card out of three was the queen. They laid them out on the street and shuffled them around a bit. I was uninterested, but I did notice one of them positioning himself, seemingly in hopes I might lean over to point at a card, as his associate was repeatedly encouraging me to do. I shifted to face him, at which point he backed off. I then informed them that I was familiar with Three Card Monte and continued on my way. They seemed a little disappointed.

Pretty sure they were hoping to mug me, not just con me.
Life is a circle.

I'm old enough to remember the time when you didn't go downtown...and if you absolutely had to for some reason, you got out well before nightfall.

Then they cleaned it up. And it was kinda awesome. It became a place people would actually go to at night.

And now it's turning back into a shh...err...crap-hole. The only time I ever go there is when I get jury duty and have no choice. But it's not really a place you want to be at night even though plenty of people still go for the nightlife. It's a stupid place with stupid people doing stupid things. And it's pretty stupid all the time.

on a training video way back when, was a guy going after a woman in a parking lot,
the GG move in to "help" the woman and ends up pulling his gun to that the BG backs off
but GG then gets attacked by the woman and they both woman and BG subdue the GG and he no longer has his gun/..
stay frosty

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top