JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard trumpet boy on top of their temple dropped his golden trumpet in that quake the other day.
Shoulda went for the ground mounted golden calf or something.
lol

Hopefully his trumpet didn't land in water.

A rusty trumpet can be as bothersome as a rusty trombone.

I'm curious - how big is said "mormon closet"?
It's the same size as my laundry room, which is 10 feet by 12 feet. It's in the crawl space (actually more like "stoop space") beneath the laundry room, and is about 5 feet from the floor to the bottom of the floor joists above. It's bounded by the same walls as the rooms in the living space above, with a line of columns and joists supporting the walls directly above on the living space floor. So it's all finished off down there, with plywood walls and a floor system, but no "door" as it were. You just scuttle around the duct chase and you're in it. You can walk around down there, but not stand up, unless you're Tatoo from Fantasy Island.

Finding the access to "the closet" was another matter and quite the accident of discovery. It wasn't where you'd expect to find it. A trapdoor in a closet under the stairwell to the upstairs, under the carpet, led down a ship's ladder and around the furnace duct chase. I turned a corner and went, "Whooooooooooooa..." :eek:

Last Edited:
It's the same size as my laundry room, which is 10 feet by 12 feet. It's in the crawl space (actually more like "stoop space") beneath the laundry room, and is about 5 feet from the floor to the bottom of floor joists above. It's bounded by the same walls as above, with a line of columns and joists supporting the walls directly above on the living space floor. So you can walk around down there, but not stand up, unless you're Tatoo from Fantasy Island.

Finding the access to "the closet" was another matter and quite the accident of discovery. It wasn't where you'd expect to find it. A trapdoor in a closet under the stairwell to the upstairs, under the carpet, led down a ship's ladder and around the furnace duct chase. I turned a corner and went, "Whooooooooooooa..." :eek:

When I did home inspections I always had a lot of surprises like that. Some accesses are even harder to find but the under the carpet with no outline is pretty good.

I wasn't expecting this until closer to or after the elections, but come on.

All I wanted was some ammo to actually SHOOT, and not hoard. Thankfully I have plenty hoarded, however I like buying ammo as I shoot it.

Sure was enjoying cheap ammo. Guess it was inevitable, I don't see prices dropping between now and Nov.

To whom are you directing this message? Is it possible that you might want to direct this message to yourself?

When I did home inspections I always had a lot of surprises like that. Some accesses are even harder to find but the under the carpet with no outline is pretty good.
Yah, the "under the carpet" was a real nice touch by the previous owners. I only noticed it cuz when I stepped all the way into the closet, I heard the floor under me creak a little. Thinking that was a bit odd in a house that was only 3 years old at the time, I don't know what possessed me to pull up the carpet in there. It wasn't like it was detached at the baseboards or anything like that (yes, baseboards INSIDE the closet - it's a pretty nice house...). Once I pulled up a corner of the carpet and saw the trapdoor, it was Game On!

Yah, the "under the carpet" was a real nice touch by the previous owners. I only noticed it cuz when I stepped all the way into the closet, I heard the floor under me creak a little. Thinking that was a bit odd in a house that was only 3 years old at the time, I don't know what possessed me to pull up the carpet in there. It wasn't like it was detached at the baseboards or anything like that (yes, baseboards INSIDE the closet - it's a pretty nice house...). Once I pulled up a corner of the carpet and saw the trapdoor, it was Game On!

You would have made a good home inspector! :)

In one house, it was a "vintage" home, all the heavy heavy drapes were pulled closed... good thing I carried a powerful flashlight, I kept passing this old Kirby vacuum cleaner sitting in the middle of the hallway. After a few trips I thought "what the heck, that is pretty strange just to have that thing sitting in the middle of the hall". Sure enough I picked it up and there was a big hole underneath!! People.......

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top