JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wasn't expecting this until closer to or after the elections, but come on.

All I wanted was some ammo to actually SHOOT, and not hoard. Thankfully I have plenty hoarded, however I like buying ammo as I shoot it.

Sure was enjoying cheap ammo. Guess it was inevitable, I don't see prices dropping between now and Nov.
People will always be people and overreact when their routine and expectations are upset. I've worked as a private contractor all over the world and it's no different anywhere. Smart people anticipate what needs they and their family have that are important to them and prepare ahead. It isn't as inconvenient to stock up ahead before panics hit as it is to try and compete with the sheeple when they are in crisis mode because they never thought about how dependent they are on toilet paper, medications, ammo, etc.
Unanticipated stuff happens occasionally but no one has anyone to blame but themselves if they have failed to prepare to cover their basic needs ahead of time. It's not like we have never experienced a unanticipated national event and it's not like we didn't have any warning.
Stay safe and keep your loved ones close.
Scott
Semper
Fi

Already got the Haz-Mat suit. Kept an extra suit after my last work in an asbestos area. Employer didn't seem to mind that it wasn't even used.
Already got the L3A stuff. Just wished I woulda bought some "rifle-proof" stuff as well...

Sobo, you are very prepared.... I am not going to lie, I wasn't as prepared for this ordeal as I wanted and was in a struggling time in my career. I was in a small, struggling family business and was looking to change careers. I was thinking after this year I will be doing much better. Now , I am kind of screwed, but I could be worse.

My idiotic brother (love him, but he is so naive) who lives in San Francisco because of his job :rolleyes:, is using buckets of water to wipe his a**.. I told him it was his own doing and not sending him any toilet paper. I was in Africa half a year and noticed many of the villagers wiped their bubblegum the same way because they couldn't afford toilet paper. So, he'll live.

People will always be people and overreact when their routine and expectations are upset. I've worked as a private contractor all over the world and it's no different anywhere. Smart people anticipate what needs they and their family have that are important to them and prepare ahead. It isn't as inconvenient to stock up ahead before panics hit as it is to try and compete with the sheeple when they are in crisis mode because they never thought about how dependent they are on toilet paper, medications, ammo, etc.
Unanticipated stuff happens occasionally but no one has anyone to blame but themselves if they have failed to prepare to cover their basic needs ahead of time. It's not like we have never experienced a unanticipated national event and it's not like we didn't have any warning.
Stay safe and keep your loved ones close.
Scott
Semper
Fi

^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^

My idiotic brother (love him, but he is so naive) who lives in San Francisco because of his job :rolleyes:, is using buckets of water to wipe his a**.. I told him it was his own doing and not sending him any toilet paper. I was in Africa half a year and noticed many of the villagers wiped their bubblegum the same way because they couldn't afford toilet paper. So, he'll live.
Spent 3+ years in the Middle East myself. Muslims wipe their behinds with their left hand, then splash water up their bums. We used to refer to it as "water-bending" cuz they somehow overcame gravity and made the water go up (into their azzholes) instead of just falling to the ground out of the bottle's spout... o_O

"Azz-splashers" was another term of endearment that was popular...

Now, if violence really does break out widespread
I certainly hope it does not but I IM'd a friend of mine in Anaheim, CA yesterday to see what it was like there and she said it was crazy!

Stores empty and a certain 'demographic' of people were the predominate ones open carrying firearms on the streets - which is not legal in CA let alone some of them were probably not even legal gun owners.

That pancreatitis sux the big one, doesn't it? Laid me up for 4 days in the hospital over that total eclipse we had back in August of 2017. That's some painful stuff...

#Metoo.... been there done that, twice. Now I avoid what causes it in my case.

Now, if violence really does break out widespread, would it be in bad taste to take ammunition off the bodies? I'm just trying to lighten the doom and gloom here.

Actually guerilla warfare demands that... it's been my plan all along... pickup up their weapons too.

Not in bad taste at all. Waste not, want not...
Might as well grab a watch while you're at it...
And if they've any gold or silver rings, you might as well snatch them off of 'em, too... o_O

And pull their fillings!!! :eek:

Soon to have cholera and ebola in SF... :eek:

Spent 3+ years in the Middle East myself. Muslims wipe their behinds with their left hand, then splash water up their bums. We used to refer to it as "water-bending" cuz they somehow overcame gravity and made the water go up (into their azzholes) instead of just falling to the ground out of the bottle's spout... o_O

"Azz-splashers" was another term of endearment that was popular...

I read an article by a ME believer type that said this was untrue... that they had very clean practices. I wish I could remember what they were... but I wonder if there is a class distinction and it's done differently in non-nomadic peoples.

I read an article by a ME believer type that said this was untrue... that they had very clean practices. I wish I could remember what they were... but I wonder if there is a class distinction and it's done differently in non-nomadic peoples.
I saw it with my own eyes, literally, from all walks of life. The toilets in the airports are the "most" advanced. They have the little spray hoses there for you. With no TP. Doesn't take much imagination to figure out what you're supposed to do...

ETA: This was in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. YMMV...

I have been to Malaysia from my travels to Singapore, the hotels I have stayed in had toilet paper and water hose next to the toilet since the have a lot Muslims. I took a bus and they made regular stops and I see a lot of non-western toilets where you have squat to take a poo. Then they have a bucket of water with a cup for cleaning your bottom.

I like western toilets but if you need to go, and there no western toilets available, I just use what is available. Most rest stops the buses stopping at had a combination of both western and non-western toilets.

I have traveled up in to Canada and have used a latrine where there was a big hole and a toilet seat. They had toilet paper but only hand sanitizer.

Where can I buy ammo now? I need it today! Anyone know? I'm down to 45,000 rounds of 556 and 188,000 rounds of 9mm. I think I can find a space in the corner of the basement to shove some more into. Or maybe those cardboard tubes in the toilet paper can hold some. I need it now!!!! 842B54D7-E02D-41C2-9A5E-DC4793DC9F4B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have been to Malaysia from my travels to Singapore, the hotels I have stayed in had toilet paper and water hose next to the toilet since the have a lot Muslims. I took a bus and they made regular stops and I see a lot of non-western toilets where you have squat to take a poo. Then they have a bucket of water with a cup for cleaning your bottom.
The squat toilets (what my brother and I refer to as "bombsight" toilets) are actually better for you from a "total voiding" standpoint. They position the colon for a more complete evacuation. Westerners might be familiar with the Squatty Potty that accomplishes the same thing. I just put my feet up on the wastebasket that stays in my bathroom and save the $40... :rolleyes:

In China, I once shat into a hole in the floor. Just a hole, nothing else. And there was no paper or water hose, neither. So I used a little bit of The People's currency to complete the operation...

The squat toilets (what my brother and I refer to as "bombsight" toilets) are actually better for you from a "total voiding" standpoint. They position the colon for a more complete evacuation. Westerners might be familiar with the Squatty Potty that accomplishes the same thing. I just put my feet up on the wastebasket that stays in my bathroom and save the $40... :rolleyes:

In China, I once shat into a hole in the floor. Just a hole, nothing else. And there was no paper or water hose, neither. So I used a little bit of The People's currency to complete the operation...
I don't know if anyone noticed, but modern toilets are now being made much shorter compared to the old ones where your feet were dangling off the ground . It's true that human were meant to squat when they crap and if I ever have a toilet that was too high I remove the toilet seat and squat into the bowl. High toilets cause constipation. My current toilet in my new apartment is so low, I am practically in a squat position sitting on it and I notice my bowel movements are great :p

I haven't had occasion to buy primers. TP, yeah they were out. It's got me wondering how far all this is going to go. I won't panic buy tho.... don't believe in contributing to shortages. They'll be plenty enough later on!
should never need to panic buy anything....keep stocked up and no worries....water....food.etc

Yup. Mormons got it down.
You got that right! The house I bought was built by a Mormon couple. It has the "Mormon closet" in it, secretly hidden. Once I found it, I started filling it up over the last 3-4 years. That's why I'm not at all worried about how "stuff" might go down...

I don't know if anyone noticed, but modern toilets are now being made much shorter compared to the old ones where your feet were dangling off the ground . It's true that human were meant to squat when they crap and if I ever have a toilet that was too high I remove the toilet seat and squat into the bowl. High toilets cause constipation. My current toilet in my new apartment is so low, I am practically in a squat position sitting on it and I notice my bowel movements are great :p
I hate to be the party pooper here (sorry, couldn't resist the pun), but perhaps we should dispense with the defecation science and get this thread back on topic before Andy comes in and gives us all a beatdown... o_O

I hate to be the party pooper here (sorry, couldn't resist the pun), but perhaps we should dispense with the defecation science and get this thread back on topic before Andy comes in and gives us all a beatdown... o_O

Wait til DB gets here, then you REALLY gonna get it!!!

BTW... watch out for Deadeye.. that guy is scary...

You got that right! The house I bought was built by a Mormon couple. It has the "Mormon closet" in it, secretly hidden. Once I found it, I started filling it up over the last 3-4 years. That's why I'm not at all worried about how "stuff" might go down...
I'm curious - how big is said "mormon closet"?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top