JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No tags...sweet!

Cigars- mine has a jack, "looks" like it belonged on it-but likely the PO had it installed, as it turns 90degrees & locks (for trail clearance). It also has a crank adjust footing. I think the original ones were simple kick downs.

Supposedly the 24V to 12V conversion just involves the special adapter plug. It's very pricey though, so might not be worth while.

I think I've seen rails/covers for sale in ? Utah. Been a while though since I've checked pricing. I was thinking on selling it....but can't bring myself to. I don't currently use it hardly, but will when I buy a house / property...its not like it'll go bad...

Last Edited:
No tags...sweet!

Cigars- mine has a jack, "looks" like it belonged on it-but likely the PO had it installed, as it turns 90degrees & locks (for trail clearance). It also has a crank adjust footing. I think the original ones were simple kick downs.
Oh nice! Definitely a luxury with these beasts otherwise they can be a bit strenuous to move around. Mine gave me a good work out before I got one. I spray painted it black to match the motif.

Muffling Generators - The best way to get a generator exhaust quiet is to pipe it down into a 55 gallon drum full of water. Run the pipe clear to the bottom and drill lots of little holes in the part of the pipe that is submerged. Generator cooling fans also make a lot of noise. Putting it in a sound insulated enclosure is also necessary if you don't want it heard. Lots of good information online about that, no need to repeat it here.

Lov M1078&1082.JPG e these trailers, Just picked up this combo last friday in Utah and drove it home! Will be doing a duel conversion for the power/light system so I can run the trailer with other rigs on 12 volts! Also switch all lights over to LED!

As far as fuel storage goes, I keep 2500 gallons or Diesel on site, and 220 gallons of Jet-A! For gas storage, I have about 100 gallons. I keep the Diesel topped up as well as Jet-A because I use both a lot in the winter! I mix the Jet with the Diesel at a ratio of 35% as a winter blend! The Main rig that consumes Diesel/Jet is road legel, but frowned on if used on paved roads in the city unless there is a lot of snow, it's also way huge ( as in almost 11 feet wide!) Filling it up at a filling station isn't an option! That rig holds 145 gallons on board and burns through it in 12 hours! I use Diesel anti freeze and anti jell as well as a heated water seporation system. The Jet fuel is much the same! Gas I keep with additives that keep it from going bad! As you can see, I go through a LOT of fuel! Winter times I am going through about 7500 gallons of diesel fuel from late October through May! Summer time is only a few hundred! In a SHTF situation, I'm only going to use fuel to run my genset and emergency transportation! The Wife's car only gets 21 miles per gal, but it's the best we have!

Now you've gotten me all curious about what you do for work that would require you to drive such a glorious rig!
Not as "FUN" as you think, I haul fire wood to customers all over the area, and need a large enough rig to deliver several cords at a time. The dump truck was more efficient by the size, but too expensive for licence and permits and such, This rig is almost as good, but less then 1/3 the operating cost for 2/3 the load! Some of my customers are way up in the sticks and it takes a rig like this to get up in there and back out again, so I can charge more for being one of the only guys that can deliver a large load off road! Other then this, it's a serious camping rig for me and a full platoon of friends!!!

Only if the weight is 8000 pounds or more

Nope, it's 1800 lbs (unless the law changed when I was not looking).

I have six 5-gallon jugs of diesel with stabilizer in them. Rotate them into our cars once a year. For my Passat, getting 50mpg that means I have 1500 miles not counting what is left in the tank. I don't see a lot of point driving though, if SHTF happens.

Nope, it's 1800 lbs (unless the law changed when I was not looking).

I have six 5-gallon jugs of diesel with stabilizer in them. Rotate them into our cars once a year. For my Passat, getting 50mpg that means I have 1500 miles not counting what is left in the tank. I don't see a lot of point driving though, if SHTF happens.

Agreed. If I were to stockpile anything fuel wise it would be to run a generator I haven't got yet:p.

We have about 30 gallons in portable tanks, with two vehicles that aren't driven regularly, full. We also have 200 gallons of diesel in our furnace fuel tank at any given time. Might get down to 150 in the winter. That's about the best I can do.

Just a few thoughts on this. High octane low lead AV gas will store forever without degrading. Ethanol free pump gas will store for over a decade without degrading. Kerosene will store forever and can be mixed with Diesel and still work fine. 1-D Diesel will store forever and even if it is waterlogged can be revived with Kerosene. Military vehicles run on low sulfur 1-D.

Just a normal Wednesday morning at Costco earlier today. Took 20 minutes to get fuel.

...imagine how bad it would be if an adverse event occurred causing everyone to fuel up at about the same time.

Reminds me:

a) Never let my tank run down that low, as I was on fumes.

b) start filling up & rotating out my jerry cans.

7B7470F7-B04B-45A5-9432-9015C5836907_zpsxdvmbvh9.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top