JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our primary, whole-house, auto-on generator runs on propane, so we have a 500 gallon tank for said. It is topped off when necessary. Beyond that, we keep a much smaller supply of gasoline for a utility vehicle, portable generator, lawn mower, various tools, etc. I've used Sta-Bil over the years to treat gasoline that is rotated and never had a problem. Firewood supply is replenished each year too. I would like to get into a solar setup too, but that is a topic I plan to write up about later.

Don't forget a cordless drill for the plastic fuel tanks. That's how people were stealing gas, drilling into the tanks. No metal tank, not much heat or sparks to worry about.

Also, maybe stock up on fuel stabilizer. I have read good things about PRI (Power Research Inc.) products. In fact, the claim is that it can bring back fuel that is thought to have been past being usable. If that is true, it would be god to have some on hand if you do have to scavenge for gas or diesel.

Retail Consumer – PRI Products

FAQs – PRI Products

<broken link removed>

http://www.chemical-supermarket.com/files/Fuel Preservatives/PRI TEST DATA.doc

I have no affiliation with PRI, do not profit from it's sale or promotion of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top