Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

spreadsheet for various things

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Barefoot343, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

Hello, I was curious if anybody had a spreadsheet for the one or both of the following items....

1. precious metal purchases to track amount, cost, date, gain/loss, current prices, etc.
    2. prep items to track amount on hand, dates purchased(?), costs, any other important info.

I am hoping someone might share or at least offer a snapshot/general description, I am weak at spreadsheets and am hoping for a little help and it may help others as well.

if there are a few (there always is) who don't want to help and think this is stupid or whatever then just move on to the next thread, don't waste your time or mine, thanks have a nice day.

for those offering help or ideas, thanks in advance.

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I have a spreadsheet that I use to calculate (roughly) how much prep food I have on hand - type of food, total servings, calories per serving, total calories for that food, and then some really basic counts for number of days that food would last under various calorie/day consumption rates.

DisasterFood.jpg

If I was really on top of things, I'd have acquisition dates, expiration dates, and include things like medications. In a perfect world, I'd also track costs for this food - just for reference to see what I've paid, if current sales are a good deal, etc. I'd also like to sort this by meal type to make sure I have a good balance of breakfast/lunch/dinner items.

I have another spreadsheet that I track my ammo, but that's not complete.

3. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

Sun195...yours looks like mine. Smart idea to include various "daily" calorie levels. It provides an easy way to figure your food supply depending on the situation; i.e. just waiting out a quarantine due to a plague would have very different caloric needs vs. doing hard labor if electricity has failed, you're rebuilding/foraging, etc.

4. Barefoot343

Good stuff Sun, thanks for sharing.

anybody else?

5. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

I have an Excell spreadsheet I use to track investments; it could be used for gold; I would attach it but the system won't let me attach .xls files. PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

6. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Good spreadsheet, I did a calculation as to what I needed a then wrote it all down. Then I added to it, but I think I need to set down and do one these as well, should keep me busy in the evenings for a few weeks.

7. Barefoot343

Mutoman, I sent you a PM.

8. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Got it. Sent you the file. Feel free to share it if it works for you.