JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every damned morning between about 4am - 5-am (sometimes even sooner) I'm awakened by pee waves, which eventually leads to a massive S wave and then a splashy tsunami that leads to a whirlpool.

I quit using the Oregonian a couple decades ago, the ink rubs off….
I call it the Daily Wipe Journal. It took an act of God to cancel my subscription back in 2012. Almost had to bomb a call center.

I call it the Daily Wipe Journal. It took an act of God to cancel my subscription back in 2012. Almost had to bomb a call center.
I had the same thing happen with my former alarm monitoring company, Brinks who jacked my monitoring service rates to $80/mo (and I OWNED the system equipment) try that sheite…. I call in, state my passwords, unique identify information that ONLY Jesus and my wife would know and they STILL said, (just like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland), "We'll need three months of utility bills to prove you are the owner of this account before we can cancel this service"…. my response was, "how about I just put a stop PHUCKING PAYMENT on the direct debit auto-payment instead"!?

They stuttered and mumbled all taken aback, then cancelled it and sent me a confirmation email that I had to reply back that confirmed receipt. I still called my credit union and put a stop payment on them just in case…. LOL!

A week later I get an email with an offer for the same service I that I canceled for $29.99….. replied back with, "go eat a Richard".

Now I use Simply Safe and couldn't be more pleased.

Interesting.

No notation if these leaks are new, as in years. Or have they (or similar) been around millennia? As in they are normal for these plates.

The only time mentioned is when discovered.

Seems an attempt at hysteria grab / sky is falling...
Reminds me of the old "hole in the ozone layer" hysteria that was all the rage in the 80's.

Less sensational reports:

Bruce

No notation if these leaks are new, as in years. Or have they (or similar) been around millennia? As in they are normal for these plates.
At least 4 or 5 years ago they were showing some new flow signs and significant bulging in a few areas. I don't really recall if they were recent that they just noticed in an area that was regularly monitored or it was just the first time it came to their/my attention. They were reported as "previously unnoticed" around the fault and St. Helens vicinity. Or... that's just how it registered and stuck in my mind. Some talk about St. Helen's was perculating again or something or other.

I didn't pay particular attention. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen and there isn't anything anyone can do about it but cross your legs and hope someones left to clean up the after mess.

Leaking crack lube
Isn't that an over-the-counter medication?

Two things about earthquakes. (1) They are going to happen, you can't prevent or stop them, and (2) You're either ready for one or your not. If the latter, better get with the program on seismic refits to your buildings, etc. I've been in a couple of homes where the residents had straps holding their TV and various pieces of furniture to the walls. They were ready, I guess. I don't know if their foundation was properly anchored to the framing. But their TV was safe.

Strapped-down water heaters have become embedded in building codes. I've been in this building for close to 40 years now and in that time I've replaced the water heater several times. Somewhere along the line, I did the right thing and lashed the then-new tank down with straps. Earlier this year, the existing water heater went bad. It needed a bit of upgrade, such as the expansion tank (also code) that it never had had, and I didn't like how it was plumbed in at the top and wanted that re-done. So I paid for the luxury of someone else doing it, hefting around heavy tanks, etc. The one thing I thought I was good with was the straps. Oh no, the plumber told me my existing straps weren't wide enough now to be up to code, so of course, new straps were needed.

Interesting.

The only time mentioned is when discovered.

Seems an attempt at hysteria grab / sky is falling...
Clicks = cash. We have been told since they learned how this works that "some day" we up here would get a good shake. So of course these kind of stories are all about getting people to click on something since its yet another thing to panic over. :s0092:
Hey can't blame them it works. I am sure someone must be telling anyone who will listen that global cooling, heating, change, whatever it is today, is going to make this happen sooner. People love to find a reason to panic. The funny part to me is all the people who will actually listen to this yet do nothing about keeping some stuff on hand for things that do happen over and over again. So worried about the big shake yet totally no preparation when there is a panic in something that happens now and then like clock work.
:s0092:

I didn't pay particular attention. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen and there isn't anything anyone can do about it but cross your legs and hope someones left to clean up the after mess.
Well to stop it? No. People who live up here should be prepared though. We have been having small ones all my life here. If we ever get a really good one VERY few people are prepared for what will happen next. When there is no power, water, stores are either closed or wiped out. Yes Gov will swoop in and help out BUT, it always takes days not hours. This will cause panic with those who find the store closed or empty. It will also cause almost all the "help" to head to the place hardest hit first. Outside that area will be people who have minimal damage and will suddenly find there is no one to come running if they call 911 as 99% of the responders are trying to help the badly hit places.

Less sensational reports:

Bruce
Well, see ya around, twas nice knowin ya... I feel your concern but I'm more worried about Yellowstone caldera events where I live... :s0108:

The hot air being released seems to be coming from a suspected spot.
Located in Salem Oregon.
You can observe this release of hot air each session.
Scientist have observed this since the town went Left.
Therefore those entering Oregon should go Right, and head to Montana or Idaho.
Only hot air here, coming out of several cracks.
ARGUS

The hot air being released seems to be coming from a suspected spot.
Located in Salem Oregon.
You can observe this release of hot air each session.
Scientist have observed this since the town went Left.
Therefore those entering Oregon should go Right, and head to Montana or Idaho.
Only hot air here, coming out of several cracks.
ARGUS
Problem is a lot of those who vote for more of that hot air soon pack up and leave the sewer they created and head for your nice place. As soon as they get there they set about making the nice place just like the sewer they left. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top