JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a good friend of mine and i did a little shooting at his property yesterday. He was showing me all his SHTF supply's. To be honest i was impressed he has just about everything from TP to a packed pantry and all kinds of tactical gear. He has a glock 19 a mossy 590 and a really nice DD Ar15 and a ton of ammo . He was pretty happy with himself and said hes prepped for anything. I said do you have extra parts for your guns like recoil springs firing pin springs gas rings mag springs extra extractor? He said, crap i never thought of that. I said you should cause things break. We spent the next hour on Wolfs website.

09E93975-FF1D-4AE3-A579-A8F7442A9D7F.jpeg 1409347D-7184-4551-B302-0703FE8BB547.jpeg

Yeah, online sources might not be working right after the Russians set off a EMP nuclear device up in the stratosphere. I'll probably never need them, but I have spares for M1 Rifles, 1911 pistols, M14/M1A and even a few vital things for 5.56mm AR's. Actually, I have a spare AR in case the first one stops working.

I also have spares for my 1972 Ford Ranch Wagon, which will be the only car running after the EMP attack. I don't keep spares for the Crown Victoria computer car.

The russians? I'd expect the chinese commy rats first. Today during the debacle in DC three combat jets circled above Tillamook. Expecting chinese? A show of force to Patriots wanting our country back? I don't know, but though russia may dislike us I know the chinese hate out guts.

Can't be that good a friend if you "just found out" he's preparedness minded. However, now seems as you may be.

As in, trust levels are:

Family,

Friends (like family, just not blood).

Acquaintances.

Everybody else.

-Or, could be he's an acquaintance whom enjoys "showing off". That's fine & all I suppose, however absolutely do not trust someone whom is like such. Folks whom "show off" tend to get burglarized, in normalcy. Also folks like such tend to share in conversation, like you are in your OP. But naming names & such...

Can't be that good a friend if you "just found out" he's preparedness minded. However, now seems as you may be.

As in, trust levels are:

Family,

Friends (like family, just not blood).

Acquaintances.

Everybody else.

-Or, could be he's an acquaintance whom enjoys "showing off". That's fine & all I suppose, however absolutely do not trust someone whom is like such. Folks whom "show off" tend to get burglarized, in normalcy. Also folks like such tend to share in conversation, like you are in your OP. But naming names & such...
Ah.. excellent friend from childhood. Just got into the game

Spare parts are good for things known to break. But spare parts take time to replace usually. Spare guns are better!

At very least your friend that has the Daniel Defense AR should have a backup BCG and replacement gas rings. I have a few spare firing pins, cam pins, and extractor spring kits as well. I have only had to replace the gas rings so far so.

There are YouTube videos that show the procedure for test your gas rings. I replaced my ring since my bolt failed the gas ring test even though I was not experiencing any issues.

Parts are one of the categories I have been somewhat negligent in. I have a few parts kits, mostly for SIG pistols (the one brand I have plenty of spare pistols in - and many of the parts interchange across models), almost nothing for anything else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top