JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to put together an emergency bag. I need some help preparing.

1. A gun of some kind shotgun, rifle and handgun. If you can be specific that would be great
2. A first aid kit
3. A portable battery pack to keep my cell changed.
4. A paper map

What else would I need

Small roll of duct tape
Zip ties
Flashlight
Fixed blade knife
Poncho
Trauma kit (NOT the same as 1st aid kit)
Multi-Tool
Spare magazine
Dry Socks
Compass
Fire starter
The list is extensive but it kind of depends on where you are, how big of a load you are wanting to carry and what distances you are traveling with said bag.

Some cash, max denomination $20.

Water bottle, perhaps an empty water bottle made of stainless or metal.

Contact list of important phone numbers.

Aspirin (or similar) as part of that medical kit.

Comfy boots. Several pairs of socks.

Gloves.

Light(s) and extra batteries.

Good rain coat?

A primary consideration is where you might be, where you need to get to, and how far... in a city and getting home? Other?

I'm going to put together an emergency bag. I need some help preparing.

1. A gun of some kind shotgun, rifle and handgun. If you can be specific that would be great
2. A first aid kit
3. A portable battery pack to keep my cell changed.
4. A paper map

What else would I need
What is your perceived threat? What is your perceived event?

This is something completely personal and you'll get a tremendous amount of different opinions.

1636135278066.jpeg

I am NOT an expert on prepping. I only started taking SHTF survival seriously a few years ago.

I already knew how to defend myself - but sustaining myself and others is a much bigger endeavor.

And mistakes will be made while learning.

I will use myself as an example.

Last month, I decided that a Bug Out/shooting supplies Bag would be good to have, so I selected and loaded up a container with ammo for each of the 4 guns I plan on bugging out with.

Turns out, I really cannot carry that very well. Not enough to run and gun if need be. So I need to decide if I shrink my stash (not likely) or improve my suitcase. :)

What is your perceived threat? What is your perceived event?

This is something completely personal and you'll get a tremendous amount of different opinions.

View attachment 1064538
+1 on this response. You don't start by building the bag, you start by defining what threats or risks you are concerned about and then define what you need to deal with them. From there you build the bag to address those needs.

Say I'm going hiking in the cascades. I know bears and cougars can be a problem.
How do you know Bear and Cougars can be problems? I don't mean to make less of them than they are but some of the worst that can happen is self inflicted like falling down and getting hurt or having to spend a night or two lost and alone. What you know and have in your pockets and pack can be the difference from being inconvenienced and finding your bones when the snow melts.

I wouldn't be overly worried 'bout bears and mountain lions.
Not sayin' they ain't a problem...just sayin' to not be overly worried 'bout 'em.
Keep a clean camp and be situational aware goes a long away here.

Your "emergency bag" is very personal....as its your situation and your needs and wants will differ than others.

Something to consider here is that a "emergency bag" for the Cascades...may be different than your "emergency bag" for getting home from work or school.
Andy

Last Edited:
bug out, bail out of vehicle, get home, 24/72 or longer hour what is the intent of the bag and where are you planning on keeping it?

Anything paper...put in plastic ziploc or other dry environment.
Personally, my leave the vehicle bag is vast. What I mean by that is that I have way more stuff than I need rat holed into every nook and crannie of my JKU. duplicates, triplicates ect and the spectrum covers fire, food, firearms, ammo, tools cal me Mcgyver. What I do keep in there is a comfortable fitting hiking pack, actually several.
If I intend to abandon my jeep or what ever happens, I can pick and choose what I need for the mission at hand and possibly equip a 2nd and 3rd person.

remeber...1 is none and 2 is 1.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top