JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been buying my primers (Small and large pistol) at BiMart. They usually have a pretty good deal but their CCI. Have not had any issues with them but I've read that Federals (Although softer) or Winchesters are better.

So where's a good place to get primers around PDX.

Bimart usually has both win and cci,at least the ones over in vancouver do. I don't like winchester,I've always gottan misfires with them,other folks say they never ever have had a misfire with them.
I do not get misfires with any other brand,btw . so,better? not imho.
federals I like,but have not seen them for a couple of years for some reason. I buy them whenever I can,they have always been dependable in lightly sprung guns.

Bimart is where I go. btw,have u worn the 'new' off that '73 yet? lol

According to Capt Baylor Most firearms mfgrs set up for win primers. Feds are softer however have been know to go off in a loading press (he says he's had 2)> I've used CCIs and never had any problems with non fires or ones going off in the press. He said Fed 1st, Win's 2nd and CCI a distant 3rd.

Snappy and I shot it down at Pit 12 after getting Paperwork done and a call to the feds. The loading gate is hanging up so it takes some finagling to get the lever to start cycling. I need to get it to someone for slicking up. Thinking about Pioneer cause #4's heading to Africa for a month.

be that as it may I stiil won't buy them anymore. I have a couple of sixguns that are farily lightly sprung and cci's go off every time.as do Federals.Win. do not.

Joe has done lots of slicking up at his place,Pioneer, I'm sure he can do a good job for you.

I wait for the collectors west gun and knife show. There's a vendor that sells cci for 25 bucks a thousand and 17 bucks for tuna primer. I use the tulas, I never seem to have any issues with them. I do always pick up at least 5K anytime I go to the show just so I never run out.

If you shoot 5.56 or 7.62 (AR-10), BrightWater Ventures has them in stock, as well as others. But that's in Vancouver. They have a few others, and some powder and bullets. Not a huge selection, but if you are looking for something specific, give them a call. Prices seem reasonable (I get my typical large rifle primers in Win from BiMart, but have purchased the heavier 7.65 primers for an AR-10 from Brightwater).

x eleventy billion to Bimart. Besides gunshows or forums the best prices around, especially when you catch their $2 off sale. Beats wholesale by $10/k when you get them on sale.

I just ordered mine from Grafs and Sons. What I do is split the Haz-Mat fee with a friend, and it comes out to about $22-$23/1,000 for CCI, which is about $10/1,000 less than Bi-Mart. This way I don't have to drive around to see which store has it in stock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top