JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a gently used RCBS Chargemaster Lite that I would part with. No box, but I do have the manual. I would ship it of course. Let me know if you have any interest.

I've had my Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper for a year and I've found it's extremely accurate with an overcharge warning (only happened 3 times in a year of heavy use), and the ability to calibrate the drop with each type of powder.

It's accurate to 0.1gr and I have checked it with my balance scale to verify accuracy.

Each time you power up, you can calibrate the scale with the two 50gr weights. The base of the powder container coating is very smooth and which makes it simple to clean.

Unloading of the leftover powder is done by opening a "valve" on the right side where you move the dispenser on the edge of your table and place your powder bottle under it to empty. Essentially it takes only a few minutes to empty and clean the dispenser and reload it with a different powder.

As you can guess, I love it!

I have the older Hornady dispenser and don't have any complaints. When I got mine, they were a bit more affordable than the RCBS units. That has changed now with Hornady's new model.

I had a gen 1 RCBS Chargemaster and a Hornady LnL Autotrickler. Yeah, I used the straw hack on the RCBS, it made it a lot more consistent.
I gave away the RCBS, sold the Hornady.

I now use a Belding & Mull powder drop and US Solid scale USS-DBS46-3. Ask @Reno, he swears by them, and is the one who pointed me in the scale direction.

The Belding + USSolid is faster, more repeatable and significantly more accurate than either choice.
With the Belding & Mull, my powder drops are consistently within 0.1gr for ball powder, 0.3gr for stick. Check it on the scale and literally add one or two kernels and then drop it in the case. From powder drop to filling the case may be 10 seconds. That's from 6.8 SPC all the way to 338 Edge loads. No difference in time.
I'll never go back to the RCBS or Hornady, because in comparison, those two options suck, IMO.

Depending on the powder I use, I'll do fill between 4 to 8 cases per minute.

Just a point of note, when you fill cartridges this fast, you need an orderly method so you don't seat bullets into any uncharged brass cases.
When I'm doing load work-ups, it's stil a lot faster than auto tricklers, but my method is different.
  1. Drop the base powder charge into the scale (maybe as much as 2gr low);
  2. Hand trickle to the desired test charge.
  3. Seat the bullet,
  4. write the powder and charge on the case with a sharpie.
  5. Then onto the next.
I'll do two to three rounds in a minute this way.

I had a gen 1 RCBS Chargemaster and a Hornady LnL Autotrickler. Yeah, I used the straw hack on the RCBS, it made it a lot more consistent.

I now use a Belding & Mull powder drop and US Solid scale USS-DBS46-3. Ask @Reno, he swears by them, and is the one who pointed me in the scale direction.

The Belding + USSolid is faster, more repeatable and significantly more accurate than either choice.
With the Belding & Mull, my powder drops are consistently within 0.1gr for ball powder, 0.3gr for stick. Check it on the scale and literally add one or two kernels and then drop it in the case. From powder drop to filling the case may be 10 seconds. That's from 6.8 SPC all the way to 338 Edge loads. No difference in time.
I'll never go back to the RCBS or Hornady, because in comparison, those two options suck, IMO.

Depending on the powder I use, I'll do fill between 4 to 8 cases per minute.

Just a point of note, when you fill cartridges this fast, you need an orderly method so you don't seat bullets into any uncharged brass cases.
When I'm doing load work-ups, it's stil a lot faster than auto tricklers, but my method is different.
  1. Drop the base powder charge into the scale (maybe as much as 2gr low);
  2. Hand trickle to the desired test charge.
  3. Seat the bullet,
  4. write the powder and charge on the case with a sharpie.
  5. Then onto the next.
I'll do two to three rounds in a minute this way.
Are the Belding & Mull powder drops not made anymore? Or am I not looking in the right place?

I don't think they are. I found two (in bad shape) in my favorite gun shop for $35 each. Bought 'em then and there.
Edit to add: one thing that makes them so nice is they shear kernels like they're butter. You get the exact volume consistently.
I've seen them on flea-bay now and then.

Another Chargemaster fan here. Take a look at that used one. If it's in good shape, offer him whatever they're going for in the classifieds and on Gunbroker. Do they sell scales there? I've never looked for one there.

I thank you sir!
I need to rehome it soon, been sitting for a few years.
A few years ago I acquired a RCBS ChargeMaster and use it for all rifle loads, don't trust the press mounted droppers.

I have an RCBS Chargemaster a year or two after they came out. Great for preliminary load work ups (ladders) but rely on a powder thrower and scale for production. If your just loading pistol, get a good scale and a nice powder thrower.

Electronic scales have their place but need additional shielding around fluorescent lights. Get some ferris oxide power supply filters to help with the fluorescent scale drift.

Get some check weightsbto verify scales. I've had a beam scale $hiX the bed on me.

For pistol I really like the RCBS Lil Dandy put it is kinda spendy getting all the rotors but small and bullet proof for travelling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top