JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
T&B bullets gets my vote….
Fast ship….3 days…
10mm
.500 pistol
Thx for the referral

4903B55C-389F-4A58-9768-C62ECC61F23B.jpeg

Here is the description on T&B's website under the FAQs:

What kind of coating do you use?

I use hi-tek coating from Hi-Performance Bullet Coatings. The color I use is Black 1035, also known as Texas Tea. It is black with some gold mixed in, which gives an oil rubbed bronze or antique bronze appearance.

In trying a variety of coated bullets from several different manufacturers, I've definitely found others with a less durable coating than what Travis at T&B uses. Haven't tried any moly coated, though.

Are those moly coated?
Packing slip says polymer but these guys in thread know more than me. Little gold flecks and pretty slick.
My first experience: felt durable… new to this Hornady die set I forget to use mouth flare before dumping powder… but bullet seats carefully and I don't pinch case.
That said the coating held up really well against my mistake and did not chip off…. I only had a few fine shavings of coating off couple bullets. The coat is on there.
Maybe you can see flecks in photo

6B1E3AE0-7135-4F3D-8F8F-E73ED972592C.jpeg

A standard bullet coating "Toughness" test is to smash one with a hammer. If it still sticks post smash, you are good to go. I cast and powdercoat my own via the "shake and bake" method, pretty easy actually once you have a good PC picked out.

20230227_224631.jpg Resized_20230121_223621(1).jpeg

I coat my own, but here is another vendor I didn't see mentioned. I know quite a few shooters personally that use his bullets and have no complaints.

I didn't know Travis was making HiTek coated. Years ago I used to buy from him, until I switched to coated. Well…that was years ago. I'll send my next order to Travis. Thanks for the heads up on this!

I've also bought from Missouri, Gallant, ACME, & Bayou, but Donny Summers in Mississippi has been my main source. Donny is also a good guy to deal with and has good prices.

.500 pistol 330grn were not accurate at 100yrd out of 16" Beowulf….
Punched a circle about 10" in diameter and stopped after 10 rnds. Just wasn't fun and I didn't want to risk running off target boards with flyers. Still very good at 50yrds just unpredictable in 3-4" groups. Maybe I'll try a different charge. Or maybe buy a SW500.

But my 300grn FTX felt good….. top 2 and bottom 2 (touching) were figuring hold over.
3" sticker on paper at 200yrds.

752925F8-6448-49D2-BB37-A5A20662ED1B.jpeg

.500 pistol 330grn were not accurate at 100yrd out of 16" Beowulf….
Punched a circle about 10" in diameter and stopped after 10 rnds. Just wasn't fun and I didn't want to risk running off target boards with flyers. Still very good at 50yrds just unpredictable in 3-4" groups. Maybe I'll try a different charge. Or maybe buy a SW500.

But my 300grn FTX felt good….. top 2 and bottom 2 (touching) were figuring hold over.
3" sticker on paper at 200yrds.

View attachment 1382783
I'd blame the wind,LOL. The 50 Beowulf is not accurate from my experience, even with premium bullets. Both of my 500 mags aren't exactly target grade either but I believe the recoils has something to do with that.

Just got in a order of 3000 125 grain coated 9mm bullets from Travis at https://tbbullets.com

I am glad to have found an Oregon company to support and am very happy with the product, the shipping, the service and the support.
I really don't know one coted bullet from the next. I forgot who I got the first small batch from for Wifey's .45 Colt. They were fine. But I decided to do T&B for a 500 count on the next batch, mainly because they are a local Oregon company. Doing biz in OR isn't getting any easier, so I figured I should stay here with my purchase.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top