JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think if people aren't smart enough to see that three decades of gun control hasn't worked with 20,000 gun laws on the books nationwide And gun crime getting dramatically worse if you think a few more laws is gonna fix it you're just a dumb person, There's really nothing wrong with that there's a lot of you just try and do better
That would sum up my discussion with siblings, nine in all, and only three are pro gun. One was lecturing me how more laws were needed, and no one needs an AR15. The conversation ended abruptly when I said I had eight of 'em. That was two years ago.
I agree with your post except perhaps the ancestors part. Did your parents fight GCA '68?? AWB '94?? I doubt mine even knew it passed, and if they did, didn't care. Of my two grandparents that were alive in my lifetime, my grandmother probably thought NFA '34 was a good idea and my grandfather didn't care because he did what he wanted and to hell with the rest of the world, especially the "law". And what about our descendants?? No kids of my own, but nieces and nephews, none of whom have known a world without WA 594 and OR 941. If any of them get involved with firearms (I'm trying, but not getting very far) they won't have known anything else. A few more infringements in their lifetime won't seem any different than NFA '34 to our grandparents or GCA '68 to our folks.
My dad couldn't have seen past his racism to protest GCA '68. In his prime, any law that would keep weapons out of the hands of n_____s or k_kes was a good law.
Keep trying with the nieces and nephews.

This go round, I asked my friends and family to vote no and explained why. They said that they would. I don't ask for much but when I do it's important to me.
Same. One of my kids voted yes anyway. Sigh....

Sadly there will be no "taking" guns at least in my lifetime. They will pass laws, most will just comply. The few holdouts will hold out. No one is coming to their door. Now and then one will get caught for some other reason and made an example of and even more will comply. Places like the UK did this and we are just following their example. Just move slow and it works great. :(
The one BIG mistake the side who wants to hurry this up keeps making is the support of criminals. Its the one thing that keeps this going. So many who support no guns keep finding themselves victims of crime the people they vote for support. It is the one thing that keeps hope alive.
Unfortunately that can't come with any guarantees. We don't have a strong government. Republicans vs Democrats is literally two clubs battling for a policy victory, aka, votes. What ever happens to the people bellow isn't of any importance to them.

Watching those old bones take a knee to as Nancy Pelosi referred to, the memory of George Kerby (later repeated by her tool Schumer), I don't see any integrity in most things they do. Especially in current budget matters. Trillions of tax dollars that don't benefit the tax payers.

Gun control, bathroom issues, money laundering issues, ect are just trophies for them. Homelessness, fentynal deaths can't be solved. But a private Billionaire can build space ships, bring communications to barren countries in just a few years.

Just so you know, none of the TV networks would allow anti-114 ads because they were about guns.
This is disturbing. How can they legally refuse a campaign ad from one side, when they're already airing ads for the other side?

I don't have the technical know-how for this, but how about some kind of crowd-funding for things like this? It would take some organizing for sure, but I imagine there are plenty of people nationwide who would chip in. If we could get that ball rolling, that would be one idea for funding future campaigns.

I have an acquaintance who I assume voted for it, even though he's a young "gun guy" who owns and carries modern guns. He said he thought the mag ban was stupid, but figured it would get thrown out in court, and he really likes the training requirement to get a permit. He was adamant that that would save lives, because "so many ignorant and careless people own guns." You have to train and pass a test to drive a car, right? And cars are registered, right?

I replied no, and no. You don't need a license or registration to own a car, or drive one on private property, only for public roads. Besides, how effective really are those laws, at keeping idiots off the streets?

I wouldn't tell you either because it's none of your f&*39!ng business how I vote on anything.

I'd distance myself if this was what you were most concerned with in our friendship.
If I had friends that were voting this way, I wouldn't want them as friends.

Simple as.

This type of thinking (I've got mine, screw the rest of you...) is done by the most loser-like people. I'd welcome someone telling me we're not friends anymore if this is who they are.

Simple as.

This type of thinking (I've got mine, screw the rest of you...) is done by the most loser-like people. I'd welcome someone telling me we're not friends anymore if this is who they are.
Sadly this kind of thinking by too many gun owners is exactly why we have this mess.
80%, Don't care I don't have one don't want one, outlaw them.
AR's, Don't care I don't have one don't want one, outlaw them.
Black Rifles, Don't care I don't have one don't want one, outlaw them.
Then when they come for what those gun owners do want or own? They SCREAM 2A, where was the NRA (who they do not support), and blame everyone else because they could not be bothered. :s0092:

And many who voted against 114 voted FOR all the same politicians who bring this garbage and support it constantly. Like the incoming illustrious governor, and others.
That's a problem -- and either it's a disconnect from reality or ignorance of which political party opposes most freedoms! The left party even supports the extremist animal rights agenda which is to eventually end all animal ownership, including owning our beloved pets!

The thing that gets me the most with gun owners who support crap like 114 is that they are so completely selfish they don't even realize the negative impact their vote has on their OWN FAMILY (parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, cousins, nieces, nephews, in-laws, etc.). If that's how little they care about the rights of their OWN FAMILY, they are the last people on earth I want to be around because they'll turn on me in a hot second if times get tough!

I'm sorry you can't separate politics from the rest of your life.

I have plenty of friends I know I wouldn't align with politically on a lot of issues, including guns. I can't even fathom asking them specifically how they voted on something and then severing that friendship based on that response. That just seems very selfish and short sighted.

I'm sorry you can't separate politics from the rest of your life.

I have plenty of friends I know I wouldn't align with politically on a lot of issues, including guns. I can't even fathom asking them specifically how they voted on something and then severing that friendship based on that response. That just seems very selfish and short sighted.
Normally I would not care. When it comes to voting to take my rights away? I would have to say no, don't want to be around them. Its one thing to have differing idea's about what will work. When it gets to where they are voting to take away the rights I have? I would have to say no thanks, have no desire to be around them. The fools doing this are what was well defined as useful idiots. They are voting to enter a Caste society and if they survive to get what they are asking for they will then be in shock. Be careful what you ask for, you may get it. Often too late then to change your mind. :s0092:

1672109397175.png

Aloha, Mark

Normally I would not care. When it comes to voting to take my rights away? I would have to say no, don't want to be around them.
This is a tough one. As an Oregonian lifer, and growing up in the Portland metro area I wouldnt have any friends if I judged them on their politics. While I still extend my hand of friendship Im fully aware that nowadays politics has intersected with social ideologies that I'm not certain 'they' are the ones that would reciprocate their hand of friendship in return.... those are the ones I dont want to be around.

I have plenty of friends I know I wouldn't align with politically on a lot of issues, including guns.
How can you call someone who would destroy that which is near and dear to you a friend?

I can't even fathom asking them specifically how they voted on something and then severing that friendship based on that response.
Sounds like you have shallow, surface relationships rather than true friendships based on common values.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top