JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive really enjoyed trading on this site and others like it, but Im getting really tired of people trying to screw others. On another site I bought powder and primers. I drove over to Bend, picked up the primers and powder. All but one brick of primers had an empty tray put back in or substituted different sized primers to make the brick full, several cans of the winchester 760 wernt sealed as promised and had mixed and extrude powders in them. Now this guy has vanished from the face of the earth! Ive had other less extreme bad deals on this site and others, boxes of ammo missing one or two rounds, a box of 38 specials that ended up being reloads with no powder in them. People please just be honest, surely your not so broke that you have to screw a guy out of 5 bucks. I dont post negative fedback on these people, but I sure as **** wont deal with them again. Some of these actions could be very dangerous, especially mixing powders! I always make sure that when I sell something like powder or primers that I check, and if someone is unhappy I will always try to make it right, I ask that you do the same. I realize that had I been more dilligent in checking every box, every can and every tray I might have avoided some of this, so i accept responsibility for my part. OK, rant over.

If you've had dealings here PLEASE post negative feedback so the rest of us don't suffer your pain.

I'm sorry you've been screwed. That seriously blows.

I dont post negative fedback on these people, but I sure as **** wont deal with them again. Some of these actions could be very dangerous, especially mixing powders!

Thats why we have a feedback system and why you SHOULD give honest feedback good or bad. The trade rating system will in some cases help protect all of us and weed out the flakes in time.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

T_H

I agree with Weebs. It's a red flag that makes future buyers more cautious, and forces sellers to clean-up their act or get out of the game.

I think alot of us have the "ebay rating" mentality, where if you post bad feedback, so will the other party, even if you were a gem in the transaction. I don't know if we have a resolution system setup here or not. I've had bad trades before as well, but checking everything out will eliminate the possibility of you being dissatisfied with the product. It makes it 1000 times worse when the other party lives far away and describes the item incorrectly, which is extremely frustrating, especially when you drive 12 hours on a friday night from socal to klamath falls to look at a property the seller said was completely flat, to find out that the property is basically a cliff, and you call the seller and he tells you to smoke some meth and chill out. NEVER AGAIN.

I think alot of us have the "ebay rating" mentality, where if you post bad feedback, so will the other party, even if you were a gem in the transaction. I don't know if we have a resolution system setup here or not. I've had bad trades before as well, but checking everything out will eliminate the possibility of you being dissatisfied with the product. It makes it 1000 times worse when the other party lives far away and describes the item incorrectly, which is extremely frustrating, especially when you drive 12 hours on a friday night from socal to klamath falls to look at a property the seller said was completely flat, to find out that the property is basically a cliff, and you call the seller and he tells you to smoke some meth and chill out. NEVER AGAIN.

woah... is that a deep thought?

I agree with everyone else though if the experience was negative at least don't give them positive feedback.

sorry you got ripped off, but...

one of my fav sayings is:

"greed overcomes all doubt"

in this climate, there will be people willing to take advanate fo the sit and screw anyone just for the $$$.

i for one would NOT be buying open/used cans of powder from someone i DONT know and definately not from an individual. Primers would be questionsable. Bullets/brass i would still examine.

you can post feedback for the seller, but i bet you wont see him/her on here anymore. i would still post it jic, someone knows the person.

Yeah I feel your pain, I've had some bad ended deals before. Nothing real serious though. Also had deals that turned out great.

I've learned its always best to fully inspect before walking away. That way anything can be addressed right there on the spot. :s0155:

Yeah, Ive had that happen before, where I should have looked closer at what I was getting before I left the transaction. So far it hasnt cost me alot of money, but Im definately learning from my mistakes.

As far as leaving feedback goes, I understand there is kind of a stigma around leaving someone negative comments and ratings. But like others have said already, if you dont post that feedback, then noone else will know who the crooks are and potentially screw alot more good folks over.

If I were you, Id post the feedback right now, and a list of their usernames so we all know whats going on with them.-tree

Unfortunately, Caveat emptor "Let the buyer beware" is especially true in online transactions. Even with proper due diligence, it is possible to be duped. The best we can do is use the rating systems provided and let word of mouth keep the individual from taking advantage of anyone else. I think it is important to speak out against these individual. Otherwise they may truly believe they got away with something unscathed.

Or maybe there needs to be some sort of probationary period for new member, where they cant post in the classified section until they have a certain number of posts, or something along that line. I think alot of the problem is with SOME newbies. Some turdbag finds this site, and decides hes going to try some scam, so he registers and immeadiately posts his bogus ad in the classifieds.

Correct me if Im wrong 284guy, but I dont think any of the longer standing members here have tried scamming anyone. It's been members with little to no posts, and little to no feedback scores??

The number of posts don't have much to do with this. I had a regular member (not a junior) pull a crappy one on me a few weeks back. I will refrain from naming names but I gave the correct feedback (its out there if you want to look it up). That is the way I beleive this situation will be best policed.

T_H :gun17:

i've had excellent luck here except for 2 one i traded with from outdoors trader and is now a member here who did the bait and switch on me and sold another guy a .22 with a bent barrel and had the too bad so sad to you attitude but he is in good standing here since this site has a rating system

and another guy who was a really nice guy but he said he would buy my rifle if i did not like the trade but when i showed up he did not have enough cash so i ended up doing the trade and when i got home later i found that the tool i trade for was missing parts

i won't post a negative on them as these were ftf deals and had i took the time to look closer and pay better attention i would have noted it so fault is mine as it was more a failure for them to disclose certain information. its just i have had so many good transactions its hard to think that someone would be willing to pull a fast one on me.

I'm unsure why there is hesitation to give accurate trade feedback. Are people afraid of retaliation? I'm sure Joey and the gang would not allow unearned negative feedback. Big Brother (AKA Joey and others) know everything thats happening here.

Every day we discuss the erosion of our rights and use the tools we have available to protect them. I'm compelled to give positive feedback for a good trade and I believe it's a duty to provide negative feedback if a deal goes sideways.

Please use the tools provided for your own protection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top