JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These days, I never leave one loaded around the house. It's easy enough to forgot that it's loaded. On those rare occasions when I carry concealed, I don't leave a round in the chamber. Maybe I should just start carrying around a big rock.

The rock seems appropriate... :p;):D

Probably a bucket of rocks for the house.

So the trigger does pull the finger then?

I think an hour ago, we determined this was not due to a Glock failure
members of this forum who know more about the Glock than I do have convinced me trigger connector friction could not have caused the 3 sec delay between trigger pull and discharge
it would only cause trigger reset failure
this had to be hang fire from ammo

I take it none of you have ever showed up at a hospital with a GSW
there is an entire legal and medical protocol one has to go through
this was investigated by psychologist twice, Clark Co Sheriff and my insurance company
it's fine to joke on this forum that I shot myself and I would laugh with you over a beer while you said so
but in reality, society took this VERY SERIOUSLY
if the Sheriff or any of the psychologist determined I had actually shot myself or this was neglect, I would have been automatically confined for mandatory psych hold, my insurance would not have paid and I would have lost my job
that big black X in front of the "accidental Discharge" box still has legal and medical ramifications today

members of this forum who know more about the Glock than I do have convinced me trigger connector friction could not have caused the 3 sec delay between trigger pull and discharge

this was investigated by psychologist twice, Clark Co Sheriff and my insurance company
it's fine to joke on this forum that I shot myself and I would laugh with you over a beer while you said so
if the Sheriff or any of the psychologist determined I had actually shot myself or this was neglect, I would have been automatically confined for mandatory psych hold, my insurance would not have paid and I would have lost my job
that big black X in front of the "accidental Discharge" box still has legal and medical ramifications today
Duly noted. In order to preserve the decorum of your thread I am happy to delete my post. Take care.

Good thing you're not still in - probably would have been issued some ibuprofen and told to sleep it off.

View attachment 695734
In 1971, I was involved in a training accident in Germany, my lower leg was forcefully rotated at the knee so my foot was facing the rear
severed my PCL
unfortunately for me, the nearest medical care was a German field unit
their doctor had 2 German medics sit on top of me, while he relocated my lower leg back in knee socket, without even ibuprofen
now that is the true meaning of pain
still have to walk with a knee brace today

also, the Glock is the only pistol I have that will fire with the mag out, on my Smiths and 1911, dropping the mag safeties the firearm
muscle memory for too many years on a 1911, in my mind, the firearm was safe

Which 1911 has a mag disconnect? Every 1911 I'm familiar with will fire with the mag removed. The was a stupid feature on vintage S&W autos and Browning Hi-Powers, don'r recall it on any 1911s.

BTW, don't rely on any safety.

Never been to the hospital with a GSW but did happen to go in for an accidental explosion. Same process. The questions I was asked were ridiculous. Both from the nurses and the police. Luckily my hand was saved, not after making it look like a melted candle though.....

20200512_172106.jpg

Yeah it bubbleguming SUCKED!!! Thats what you get for heating a can of soup up on a pot bellied stove for a few minutes. The suicide attempt question was the best. "Yeah bubblegum, I tried to kill myself by blowing up a can of Campbells chunky....." REALLY?!?

LOLLL
reminds me of a Scout trip back in '64
a kid perforated 8 tents with a can of pork and beans on the fire
luckily he wasn't nearby at the time
violated basic pork and bean safety protocols

I originally purchased a Gen 4 G22 8 years ago
didn't like the .40, so I put in a Wolf 9mm conversion, including 9mm ejector and extractor
put in a Gen 3 trigger, since I didn't like the Gen 4
it just didn't fire right, trigger was gritty and constantly threw brass to my forehead
after weeks of work, just got frustrated and put it back in safe
then late last year, I pulled it out to try again
hadn't cleaned the Glock in 6 years, was just sitting in the safe
went out to test fire it on my own range here on the property Remington Green Box 125 gn
2 mags fired fine, except brass to forehead again, then a failure to fire
trigger was still back, so I dropped the mag, kept the Glock pointed downrange, my finger was out of the trigger guard
was just bringing my left hand up over the muzzle to rack the slide
BAM - Bass Strike - the Glock went off and put a FMJ through my left hand
now if anyone wants the bloody photos, I have them
luckily, the FMJ went cleanly through my palm between my ring finger and little finger
BUT, the muzzle blast burned a hole completely through my hand cauterizing most of the wound
police investigation states accidental discharge - he carried a Glock himself and understood the mechanics of the Glock and the failure

still adapting 8 month later, since the scar tissue from the muzzle blast is keeping my hand from closing fully
but the purpose of this email is:
don't rack your slide from the front
and there is a situation with the Glock that it can have a defective trigger connector, in which to much friction can cause the firearm to fail to fire, even when properly lubricated
I put in a GHOST trigger connector, late model 9mm extractor plus a 15lbs spring and all is now well - with the Glock at least
I still have this glock and fire it
I am not afraid of the pistol that shot me!

rjmt
Sounds like a hangfire to me.
And as you know, you violated one of the basic safety rules with your slide-racking procedure.
(procedure has now been changed)

In a Glock, BTF (brass to face) can often be corrected by changing the Ejector, more so than the Extractor.
The best Glock 9mm ejector is P/N 47021
You get it buy purchasing TMH (trigger mechanism housing) P/N 47208
Pull 47021 out of the TMH it came with and insert into your TMH.

Good luck and glad that you are getting healed up.

I just checked my order from Midway for 8/09/2019
it appears I replaced the ejector with a 336 ejector, kept the Gen 3 trigger, a G17 extractor was already installed
new Glock trigger spring
put in a 15 lbs Wolf recoil spring and GHOST connector
extended slide lock and slide release, due to my gimp hand
added a Vickers Slide Racker so I can cock it with my gimp hand
replaced safety plunger and spring

old memories can fail, which is why I keep all my parts order for each firearm
but the Glock does work fine now
again, we all agree, the original issue of failure to fire was not due to the trigger/ejector/ connector
only the brass to forehead was
it now shoots any ammo I feed it, but if I'm shooting a heavy day of NATO 124 gn, I'll put the 17 lbs compound spring back in

my thanks to everyone who offered advice today on this forum

it was impossible to talk of this incident just after it happened - today was like a therapy session

Yeah it bubbleguming SUCKED!!! Thats what you get for heating a can of soup up on a pot bellied stove for a few minutes. The suicide attempt question was the best. "Yeah bubblegum, I tried to kill myself by blowing up a can of Campbells chunky....." REALLY?!?

'It's just a flesh wound. :D

it appears I replaced the ejector with a 336 ejector
P/N 336 is the Gen 3 ejector.
Then it was improved in Gen 4 with the P/N 30274 ejector.
Best 9mm ejector is P/N 47021

again, we all agree, the original issue of failure to fire was not due to the trigger/ejector/ connector
only the brass to forehead was
So when you got brass-whacked in the head you couldn't pull the trigger ?
Never heard of that kind of FTF, but it could happen I suppose.
Especially if you had your mouth open and one got in there.

P/N 336 is the Gen 3 ejector.
Then it was improved in Gen 4 with the P/N 30274 ejector.
Best 9mm ejector is P/N 47021

So when you got brass-whacked in the head you couldn't pull the trigger ?
Never heard of that kind of FTF, but it could happen I suppose.
Especially if you had your mouth open and one got in there.

to the first half of you posting, the 336 solved my issue, irrelevant what is considered the "best"
if you read back to the early part of this, you understand this is a 40/9mm conversion
what is best for a Gen 4 G22 did not work in this conversion

to the second part of your posting, I don't have any idea how to respond or what it means
I did my best to put a civilized post on this forum today as a learning experience for others

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews