JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So before all you Creedmoor honks descend on me in righteous anger for those blasphemous words… let me clarify! I am only referring to the fact that the majority of new guns left for purchase are predominately 6.5 Creeds… and I know a lot of people bought and are buying the vaunted cartridge which means that the gun makers made a ton of them, instead of making some other chambering's for their rifles like, oh, I Don't Know… say maybe like the 280 Ackley Improved I have been trying to find for months!
oh, and please… don't try and sell me on the 6.5 Creedmoor… if I wanted a good varmint cartridge I would get a 22-250 Remingto! 🤣

And .280 AI was never an "off the shelf" cartridge for the masses, so I'm not surprised you're not finding them plentiful. :)

I may yet have to do the rechambering route… it wouldn't be a 7mm-08… probably a .270 since there a lots of those around…
I wanna get in on the 280 Ackley Improved wave that is about to break, everyone is going to want one… amazing ballistics!

I may yet have to do the rechambering route… it wouldn't be a 7mm-08… probably a .270 since there a lots of those around…
I wanna get in on the 280 Ackley Improved wave that is about to break, everyone is going to want one… amazing ballistics!
You don't want a .270 as it is .277 vs .284 for the .280 AI, .280 Rem and 7mm-08. The reason I say use a 7mm-08 over a .280 Rem is the shorter round ensures you have enough meat for custom throat cut.

Gun makers got to sell. They can't sell more guns until they convince you the ones you already bought from them are inferior. Social media campaigns and marketing later, your 308 is garbage, you must buy a 6.5. Don't worry, in 5-6 years your 6.5 will be garbage.

Come on, .30/06 for the win! It's been killing everything on gods green earth since forever, or at least 1906, and is all you will ever need, everything else is trying to do something better, and never succeeds!
Don't even try and argue that!

J/K get what ever turns your crank!
I don't care!

I'll be the risk taker of the group and NOT get in on it.

I'm with you Brudda, no need of one!

Most don't ever see the true benefits of most calibers, no matter what the ballistics might be, so it's all just to sell more and be different!
And anything AI isn't going to be cheap. Ever.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top