JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw a lot of recomendations for a .22 for shtf in another thread.

Yeah, ummmm no.

Here is why.

A little thought experiment.

Assume you are protecting your loved ones.

You encounter an exact version of yourself, with one difference.

The difference is that this version is desperate, evil, and willing to kill you and your family to take your stuff.

How do you defend against that????

I dont tbink a 10/22 will do the deed.

Rule ONE.....Prep Club never talks about Prep Club.
'cuz;
……. what if your "evil twin" has a ______ and you only have a ______ .:(
or he has,
- a whole gang of do-bads
- or, a helicopter
- or, a mortar
- or ______

:eek:

Rule ONE.....Prep Club never talks about Prep Club.
'cuz;
……. what if your "evil twin" has a ______ and you only have a ______ .:(
or he has,
- a whole gang of do-bads
- or, a helicopter
- or, a mortar
- or ______

:eek:

True words.

So, yeah, recommend. 22lr all ya want
;)

Nobody knows what a SHTF scenario looks like because there are SOOO many variables.
Bugging-out?
Locking-down?
Leaving on foot?
Have a destination?
There's no one-size-fits-all answer because the question hasn't even been asked yet. If you don't want to own a .22 then don't... being "prepared" requires broad stroke answers to problems that have yet to be defined.

What was the question? How do you defend against a bad guy w a .22? I personally would choose something a bit more substantial, but your situation is for you to figure out as is everyone else's.

May I suggest investigating tactical wheelbarrows and de-barked chihuahuas... ?

Saw a lot of recomendations for a .22 for shtf in another thread.

Yeah, ummmm no.

Here is why.

A little thought experiment.

Assume you are protecting your loved ones.

You encounter an exact version of yourself, with one difference.

The difference is that this version is desperate, evil, and willing to kill you and your family to take your stuff.

How do you defend against that????

I dont tbink a 10/22 will do the deed.
Gunkid would beg to differ.

Yea that was my thread...and it is amazing, although I suppose shouldn't be...how many people didn't bother to read the scenario...just concocted their own version of what SHTF meant and answered to it. Sort-of killed the fun of the thread for me. But hey, to each their own.

Given the choice between a rock and a .22 I'll take the 22 please.

And given the cost $500 for a SD Pistol + ammo - vs $500 for a 22 LR + a lot of ammo ....
plus easier to suppress a 22, and I"ll just say this, I don't want to get shot by one, or 10 times.

As to the original post, do I get the Goatee?
ryalpha%2Fimages%2Fa%2Fa7%2FSpock_%2528mirror%2529.jpg

LOL! I personally banned him on a different forum years ago. Before his removal he did produce some comedy gold. :s0112:
Dude's out of prison and making friends on a survivalist forum where everyone KNOWS who he is/was but, being a total and complete sociopath, he pretends nothing is going on.

Keep a watch out for the Asian gangs who congregate at the Orange Julius and let me know where I can find a Class lll plate for my briefcase... no, really :rolleyes:

Okay, yeah.
But how does having a .22LR handy uncover or expose personal knowledge or limitation gaps?

I don't mean to be confrontational, you had your mind made up that a .22 was a no-go in your personal kit... so where's the introspection?

It was to get peoples attention.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads