JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a FEG. A Hungarian manufacturer....Budapest, in fact.
It's a good gun and they're often listed at an affordable price.
I'd take that and trade the model 64 for a model 67....you can have the rest. =)
Nice outfit, though. :s0155:

Dean

The FEG Hi Powers are a straight reproduction of the second generation Browning Hi Power and selling for crazy money these days. Currently all importers are sold out yet the demand is still out there. A nice one in good condition is going for $500. I regretted selling mine, it was almost in like new condition. The one on the photo I bought last week on Gunsamerica. The previous owner definitely did some work to it, the trigger is better than my CZ75B Omega, almost as good as a well tuned 1911 and the barrel has been replaced. The only issue that gun has it's the finish is somewhat worn/pitted on the slide, the frame is like new.

Last week I bought another FEG Hi Power on gunbroker that I will pick up today (hopefully). This gun was sold by the importer to the dealer I purchased it from meaning that I will be the first owner and it's pretty much in original condition. It was a good deal because according to the seller the hammer drops once the safety is released. It's a known issue with all Hi Powers that could easily be corrected by adjusting/replacing the sear spring. The same thing happens on the 1911 if you don't have enough tension on the sear by the main spring the hammer will not stay in the cocked position. Sounded like a fun project to tackle. Already have a new spring kit ready to go, something you should do when you buy a surplus firearm anyways. It doesn't cost much and anyone with basic mechanical skills can do it. There are plenty of videos on youtube how to disassemble/reassemble your firearm. Once the springs installed and cleaned up, new grips added this gun should make a fine shooter. In the future maybe a full rebluing and Novak sights don't sound bad either. Here is the seller's photo of the gun:

pix226784766.jpg pix295218713.jpg

Here is my old FEG Hi Power. Note that each of these are somewhat different (hammer, slide stop, sights):

DSCN1179.JPG

Last Edited:
I got to pick up the other FEG Hi Power today(the one on the right). The safety does have the issue as described by the seller and the magazine safety has already been removed. It looksbetter in person than on the sales photos:

DSC_3254.JPG

DSC_3255.JPG

I got to pick up the other FEG Hi Power today(the one on the right). The safety does have the issue as described by the seller and the magazine safety has already been removed. It looksbetter in person than on the sales photos:

View attachment 347957

View attachment 347958
This is my FEG HP, The true value is unknown since I have not found a value for it yet, but paid less than $300 two years ago.

feg -9hp 006.jpg FEG -FP9 9MM 001.jpg

Well i picked up a savage 110e 7 rem mag for $100.
I decided it needed some changes and thought it might be a handy bush/hunting rifle

I shortened the barrel to 19"
5/8×24 threaded
Had cerekoted by killer coatings
Ext. Bolt handle
Stripped and tung oiled the stock
Egw One piece scope base

Cant wait for the shoulder pain

Before and after

20161021_184154.jpg 20161021_184208.jpg 20170312_103148.jpg 20170312_103131.jpg 20170312_103121.jpg

Another family photo. Strange, another group about this size are recluses and refuse to let me photograph them. ;)

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Kruejl^
Nice 77 ruger
..what caliber?

I just finished turning a 77/22 all weather into a wood stocked volquartsen barreled beauty. The original barrel is on a 10/22
Traded the old stock away
Had to turn this stock from a lbz to a full bull.
20161202_173231.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews