JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a fairly rare item. This is a Steyr SPP 9mm. This one is marked by Steyr before they sold the manufacturing to B&T. It has an AR style charging handle.

steyrspp002.jpg steyrspp005.jpg steyrspp003.jpg steyrspp006.jpg

Also ive been loving my new cheap toy.
Mossberg 195ka
Magazine fed 12g bolt action
Has an adjustable choke
Ported barrel
Removable magazine.
I dig this thing. Im going to try and source another magazine and try to build a homemade extended mag
View attachment 258415 View attachment 258416 View attachment 258417 View attachment 258418 View attachment 258419

I grew up with that shotgun in 20ga! Out in the wilds of extremely rural Nevada it took out a lot of pests and predators! Enjoy your Mossberg!:D

For Drewp - nobody else read this, right? It's a secret 'tween me and him.

Drewp, look around before you read this, 'kay?

All clear?

Right.

Now IF you ever want to clean up that fine surface rust on a modern-blued firearm, here is a thing known, as far as I am aware, only to me and to Mr Birchwood and his pal Casey.

Take small piece of their lead removing cloth, that's right, the stuff you use to clean off the end-of-cylinder black ring on a stainless steel revolver, and VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY gently try it out on a bit of the rusty surface where it doesn't matter....and here I mean VERY gently, capisce?

IF the rust comes off, leaving the shiny black surface, then you must stop right there - like it says on the packaging, it WILL remove bluing. Continue until it has all gone, then stop. Apply your usual blued surface cleaner - me, I use Renaissance wax, but that's 'cos I have a few older guns.

I bought an Anschutz target rifle for scrap value from my gun club a while back. Left in a back cabinet for years, it was totally covered with a fine layer of 'dust-rust' that looked like light brown over-spray. It was waaaaaay worser than your old Mossy. I ended up using three Birchwood-Casey lead remover cloths on it, before mrs tac showed me her Kleeneze version at twice the size and half the cost. (That's another secret, BTW)

Here it is now - almost ten years later -

upload_2015-10-8_8-3-5.png

The stock clean-up took a while, too - many applications of stock wax there. 'Mother's' on the alloy butt-unit, too.

...and THIS is how it shoots -

upload_2015-10-8_8-4-24.png

That's an entire box of Geco Standard 40gr ammunition - NOT spiffy stuff like Tenex - I'm way to poor for that.

At 100m.

tac

That's quite a scope you got there!

There is, of course, a story to this. I bought just one of these lovely old Tasco T70 scopes on Gunbroker from a guy in WI. When this HUGE package arrived [I had to pay $110 tax, BTW], I was betabed to find not one, but THREE inside, a x12, x16 and the x20 on this rifle.

I instantly called up the vendor and asked him waht was going on, since I'd only bought and paid for one. He told me that -

a. He was 89 years old.

b. He was going blind from macular degeneration.

c. No therefore longer enjoyed his shooting like he used to, and

d. he had been reading my posts on gunboards [14000 at that time], sigforun [4000 at that time] and muzzloadingforum [a couple of thousand] for years, and he opined that I might just be the guy to appreciate a few old scopes that nobody else wanted.

One of the others is on THIS - a one-off home-made plywood-stocked BSA Martini International MkII
that nobody wanted [too ugly, or not posh enough] -

upload_2015-10-8_16-2-49.png

The Unertl and the x20 Tasco share time on the other BSA, but I'm sure you've all seen that one before...
upload_2015-10-8_16-1-48.png

tac

Safe reorganization day. My eclectic collection

Y2PoUnZ.jpg

Starting top left. Finnish mosin, Yugo Mauser 24/47, Chinese T53, Wife's BLR, SKS with tupperware, Kriss vector, Vepr 12, 50 Beowulf with DD furniture, PTR91, AR57, Mechtech glock 19, PSA AK47

Home made 1911, RIA 22 tcm 1911, Home made 1911, Rhino, PMR30, Boberg, CZ82 with duracoat and hungarian grips, Ruger 22/45 lite, Beretta 92s bought just for Liam Neeson, '62 Hipower, AMT autotech, AMT backup, wife's SA compact 9, Kahr cm9, top break 38SW, Top break 22, Grand power k1, SA 45

Forgot my standard AR in the quick access safe

My HK family. In the first pic, I built the bottom three. From top to bottom. Factory built HK94 clone. This basically is a semi auto MP5. It has a MP5 three lug barrel that has a barrel extension that was factory pinned and welded. Next, HK34 clone. What this one is, a 9mm hk94 with a 93 cocking tube and forearm. Which moves the front sight tower farther out on the barrel and expand the sight radius. Also it does not look like it has a broom stick pocking out the front of the receiver like a 94 does. It looks a little more like a "normal" rifle. Next, HK93 clone. Nothing real special except it shoots really nice. I still have to put a final finish on this one. Next, HK91 clone. This one is a little special to me because this is the first HK, I ever built. No special features here either and I have to put a final finsh on this one also.

Left to right, top to bottom.

Factory German HK .45acp USP. Threaded barrel and 20 round extended mag. Semi auto HK SP89 clone that I built. I am kinda proud about this one too. Next a factory built HK53 pistol clone. She breaths fire...lol. Finally, my HK/Benelli 12 gauge shotgun. The fastest semi auto shotgun I have ever shot. It is true. You can fire 7 rounds in a row before the first empty round hits the ground. Love this gun.

IMG_2401_zpsyyugxvag.jpg IMG_2403_zpsyja1vmmx.jpg

Last Edited:
Another old clunker - Mauser Model B from 1912, in 7x57 Mauser....

upload_2015-10-19_12-19-1.png
upload_2015-10-19_12-29-47.png
upload_2015-10-19_12-30-19.png

Bought in 1913 by a British family going out to Rhodesia to grow tobacco, and brought back in 1990 by the descendants escaping Mugabe's thugs. Sold at auction, bought by me for about $150.00. Cleaned up and loved, and shot a lot by me. About two years ago, a new club member from Tanzania got to shoot it and told me that he knew the family as he'd been to boarding school with the grandson. We sent him some pics of the rifle, and a Youtube movie, and he instantly confirmed that it was the very rifle he had learned to shoot as a teenager staying with his grandfather in Rhodesia.

Small world, eh? :)

tac

tac

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR