JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First, why do they release the video and then blur out nearly all the video? (I know 'why," rhetorical but kinda strange.) Their hit percentage is right at average typically observed by LEO's.
2. It's hard to maintain a good backstop when retreating from a threat. I think she was trying to place the vehicle between her and the attacker. However, in doing so her backstop shifted from the house to the street.
Spot on here. Folks that are awesome shots on a static range (this includes games were shooters are moving from target to target, shooting from essentially marked firing positions) don't always understand shooting or even just pointing a gun (justifiably) and not needed to shoot on a 3D range (real world where backdrops are dynamic and not controlled by you) is a different realm. Clearly, many on this forum do.

In some training I have led, I've used a slow moving target coming straight at the shooter and also used static targets (cardboard USPSA types) and added a T-shirt. Just these two, simple acts can send shooters that were all A-zone shooters into multiple misses and much slower shooting. The moving target is actually getting easier to hit (no lateral movement, target is getting closer) and not change in the cardboard...other than it now looks more human.

There is a big difference between:

a) I can make three, 7 yard A-Zone hits shooting quickly, but at my pace

and

b) If I don't make three anatomically significant hits before the dude with knife gets to me, while moving, while he is moving, while thinking about the backstop, while trying not to trip, seeking cover, thinking about where my partners are, while wearing 20 pounds of gear...I die.

FYI don't click on the video until ad has stopped playing.

Wow. Looked like she was 8 feet away from the attacker or so. Plus the guy was slowly and lazily moving toward her (not erratic or fast) and was front-on (not in profile/side-on) to her the whole time. Even had fairly bright colored shirt. That's some horrible shootin Tex. I guess the person who got out of the SUV was the mom who got hit.
Looks like he was dancing a jug or something?

I assume this is bad shooting, especially with the training they receive? I assume I could do better but I also realize that its way tougher when adrenalize is pumping, at night, etc. But I was under the impression that's what the training was for?

I spent plenty of time behind the badge, and besides our annual qualifications, I had to provide my own ammo for when I went to the range... which was weekly BTW. It is sad, but I once met a retired Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy that when I asked him what his duty firearm was... he couldn't tell me, but I told him.. he was curious how I knew. I said, well I'm a gun guy that researches these things... he said he wasn't a gun guy, and would only hit the range when mandated. I left the law dawg stuff back in 2005.. no regrets.

I spent plenty of time behind the badge, and besides our annual qualifications, I had to provide my own ammo for when I went to the range... which was weekly BTW. It is sad, but I once met a retired Riverside County Sheriff's Deputy that when I asked him what his duty firearm was... he couldn't tell me, but I told him.. he was curious how I knew. I said, well I'm a gun guy that researches these things... he said he wasn't a gun guy, and would only hit the range when mandated. I left the law dawg stuff back in 2005.. no regrets.
Sadly this has LONG been a "thing". Many Cops treat the gun they carry as just a tool they have to have. Don't really like it, don't want to know how to use it any more than needed. It often shows when the crap hits the fan and they can't use their gun sadly.

Lotta people here really critical of her, but she did ok. She moved backwards and engaged him within 1 second of him pulling out the knife. I'm sure she had a fair bit of tunnel vision on him. She didn't limp wrist any of her shots like the Chicago PD cop did, she instantly recognized the lethal threat, and while she has some extra weight on her, she did her job. Nationally a lot of police shootings have about a 20% hit rate.

Is she swat material? No. Does she engage without screaming and running for the hills? Yes.

Law enforcement agencies hire from the human race. Some are gun people whereas others are not but acknowledge that guns are important tools for the job. You use ALL of your other tools more often than guns, from verbal skills, control holds, and less lethal items. I was blessed to work at a place where we qualified monthly most of the time, quarterly during a few budget crunches but we could shoot daily with department ammo if we wanted to. Even when we retired, we still had a monthly allowance of ammo. We had/have a nice range as well. Not all officers are blessed by agencies that put a priority on this.

It is vital to have force on force or good scenario training to compliment range training. Huge difference between shooting cardboard and reacting to real humans or even video systems.

This was way worse. 🙁

The full, less censored, no commentary version for the haters. :)

Hundred percent agree. That cop has no business wearing a badge and carrying a gun. She limp wristed her only shot, was completely unfamiliar with how to clear the jam, didn't even bring her pacset with her on patrol. The only good thing she did was she wasn't an impediment for her partner.

Hundred percent agree. That cop has no business wearing a badge and carrying a gun. She limp wristed her only shot, was completely unfamiliar with how to clear the jam, didn't even bring her pacset with her on patrol. The only good thing she did was she wasn't an impediment for her partner.
And she flagged the whole neighborhood trying to clear the jam.

Also, it looked like she needed to forcefully remove the mag in order to clear the jam. She simply lacked the experience and training to recognize that.

And she flagged the whole neighborhood trying to clear the jam.
Bad enough that she flagged herself and her partner, but I visibly cringed when she got out of the car and flagged the passing motorist (silver sedan). :eek:

Also, it looked like she needed to forcefully remove the mag in order to clear the jam. She simply lacked the experience and training to recognize that.
I thought that too. Looked like it really needed to be grabbed with authoritaaaay and ripped outta there. She had no respect for that gun...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top