JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Haole" means foreigner. "

A friend who grew up in Hawaii told me it means "White foreigner."

In Phils it's Kano, which technically means "Amerikano" but now means anyone not asian. Koreans and so on are not kano as far as I can tell, they are known as koreans (shocking) but if you're not asian, you're a kano.

And you will probably overpay for virtually everything.

Latinos call us Anglo/Germanic types "gavachos."
Cultural anthropology shows that just about everybody calls themselves "(the) People" and everybody else something that translates to "them" or "other."

Latinos call us Anglo/Germanic types "gavachos."
Cultural anthropology shows that just about everybody calls themselves "(the) People" and everybody else something that translates to "them" or "other."
Us vs. them. It's in our genetics. Many religions based on this also "the chosen" vs. the "the damned". One of the best programs I have seen in the last few years below. Talks about how politicians and social media use our built in "us vs them" to further their causes. ...might be behind a paywall, not sure:

Regarding the pepper spray and use of deadly force response. The answer of "it depends" seems most appropriate (legally speaking) but I would think a really simple determination would be to learn police response to this. If they are told they can shoot people who pepper spray them, of if they have to have additional circumstances, that would help solidify a baseline.

Lots of cops have their weapon out and alongside their leg while doing simple traffic stops.
They don't have the option to remove themselves from the situation like I can and should. If there is some unlikely scenario where I can't do this (it has happened once to me) then this is a reasonable option IMO but this is still not waving it around.

Well there you go.
Even the one time it happened to me, I could have waved off and waited. The situation was a parking lot with a few yutes waiting a few cars past my car and a few more walking sort of behind me. I diverted from my current track and cut through between a few cars, altering my planned approach to my car from a taillight side to headlight side, which also put them all more on the same side of me. I could have immediately went back indoors but the fact that I noticed them seemed to be enough.

I did slip my pistol out and held it by my leg while walking down between cars but I'm virtually certain no one could have noticed this.

"pulling when he hadn't yet apparently committed to shooting"

Yeah, what a terrible crime. :rolleyes:

The whole notion of "mala prohibita" makes no sense if the punishments are draconian.

Crimes mala prohibita are usually those which incur no serious punishment, such as minor infractions and misdemeanors. However, the primary feature of crimes mala prohibita is not their lack of severity, but that they are acts criminalized by statute in an effort to regulate the general behaviors of society. As a general rule these do not include crimes that directly harm the person and property of others.

One wonders what efforts to regulate general behaviors of society are going on, when rioters destroying property and beating other people (crimes that are mala in se) are given free rein, but someone defending himself (and harming no one) is thrown in prison. Does the ruling class want more riots and arson, and less defense? It seems so.

No matter what state I travel too, I will do my best to follow that states laws. When it comes to self defense of myself or my family.

However when it comes right down to it, I will always use my weapon when I truly and honestly feel like my life or the life of a family or friend whom I am with is in grave danger or about to be kidnapped. Law or not.

I would rather be judged by 12 then be carried by 6.

I would rather spend the rest of my life in prison, knowing my children, my spouse, or my friends are alive and well, then to spend the rest of my life, with any of them 6 feet under.

Prison food sucks, but not horrible. You can still order from the store. In WA, you get cable TV in your cell. The Prison Rape Elimination Act pretty much keeps you from being corn-holed.

Just saw this and had to respond, prison food most definity sucks and yes you can get commissary but there's no guarantee that you'll make it back to your house with it and if you think the PREA act will keep you from getting corn-hold you don't know what you're talking about. Snitches get stiches at the very least and you'll spend the rest of your time in the hole...

Just saw this and had to respond, prison food most definity sucks and yes you can get commissary but there's no guarantee that you'll make it back to your house with it and if you think the PREA act will keep you from getting corn-hold you don't know what you're talking about. Snitches get stiches at the very least and you'll spend the rest of your time in the hole...

This ain't Angola, its Prisney Land.

IMHO.....
I'd say that......
The entire equation has been changed with the Michael Strickland decision in Portlandia, OR.

Well, at least for "self-defense incidents" that occur in OR. And who knows, if the sickness has already spread to the entire "Left Coast" and beyond?

Aloha, Mark.

Let's send letters to the President and ask him to pardon Mr. Strickland. Only takes a couple of minutes:

In my opinion Mr Strickland made numerous firearm handling errors that caused the vast majority of his legal issues, including but not limited to pulling when he hadn't yet apparently committed to shooting.

So if he would have killed someone he would have been legal? Where does it say you must be committed to shooting before pulling your gun?
Strickland pulled out his weapon to ward off what he perceived was a potentially deadly attack upon him.

^^^^^ This! He just wanted to scare the advancing group of thugs who were threatening him, but was prepared to shoot if they assaulted him. The court judge had to be an idiot.

Strickland pulled his gun out and waved it around. That's not OK. Once he reconsidered and decided not to shoot he handled it poorly IMO.

Any reasonable person would say he did an excellent job in a tense, scary situation. He just got a biased leftist idiot for a judge. Gotta be careful in blue cities.

If I am ever in the position that I feel deadly force might be necessary, I will assume that it will net me a prison term. I will have to decide in that instance whether I want to spend potentially decades in prison or let the threat exist and deal with it in another manner. Some situations would be a no brainer like protecting a loved one from immanent death. Other cases will be less clear and might depend on my age at the time of the threat. It's unlikely, I would be able to process the odds of a jury convicting me if I use deadly force in a split second situation. So I will always assume the worst will happen to me, justice wise, before I pull the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top