JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not related to pepper spray, but what ever happened with that guy who shot mob attackers that were trying to pull down a statue and then attacked him. Was in Albuquerque maybe?

The attacker(s) were on top of him saying "I'm going to (expletive) Kill you!" In the video I saw. That one seemed like obvious self defense to me. I think I heard the shooter was cleared but can't recall for sure?

Not related to pepper spray, but what ever happened with that guy who shot mob attackers that were trying to pull down a statue and then attacked him. Was in Albuquerque maybe?

The attacker(s) were on top of him saying "I'm going to (expletive) Kill you!" In the video I saw. That one seemed like obvious self defense to me. I think I heard the shooter was cleared but can't recall for sure?

The cops said it was self defense. The DA isn't happy with that but says the cops screwed up the investigation by saying it was self defense. He may have to drop charges because the investigation wasn't completed to prove his narrative.

In my non-operator opinion one shouldn't aim at someone they're not planning to shoot.
Yep, that's just the same as premeditated murder.
O snap, you know that premeditated murderer Reinoehl that they aren't charging.? He's one lucky mfer he wasn't as clueless as operator Strickland.

I find it more likely that if anything it saved some attackers lives. If they're not deterred by a hand on a holstered pistol, or a Glock at low ready, then they probably become a deadly threat shortly.

The guys that chased and attacked Kyle did seem disuaded (sp) by the sight of his rifle. Seems to be how these guys roll when the mob get's it's blood up.

The guys that chased and attacked Kyle did seem disuaded (sp) by the sight of his rifle.
The parts of the Kenosha debacle I've seen on video seem to be much better than the Strickland deal. The Kenosha Kid didn't really aim at anyone he didn't have immediate reason to consider shooting, and even then he reconsidered on at least one occasion. Most of the time it was slung and muzzle down IIRC.

What state is he out of? Laws on the use of force vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. WA has very liberal laws on this. Car jacking = deadly force. Aggravated Assault = deadly force.
Just to expand a little on this, you can purchase 2 hour segments for each state. I just finished Oregon. Lots of OR specific case laws and application. I went thought much of the content including individual laws and case decisions while going along so I'm about 6 hours into it with retyping notes, etc. His book is a good place to start and sets a foundation. Although they are separate, much of his information is consistent with Mas Ayoob when it comes to legal aspects.

Just beware, you will get the, "But wait! for only $19.99 more..." which is why I have the one on AZ too, lol. I actually subscribe to his monthly content now. Not for everyone, but I find it helpful and often reinforces information I have gleaned front other sources.

Hummmm.....
"Never point your firearm at something that you don't intend to kill/shoot."

That kind of "safety" warning/label is IMHO a large part of our problem going forward. Because "covering" a suspect/criminal/whatever you want to call him/her.....with a loaded firearm is NOT in IMHO an always automatic "intent to shoot" scenario/situation. The human brain is a processor.....and it is capable of making a decision to go the final step or not. Your brain tells YOU to deescalate, or not, as the case may be.

So then....
Spouting off "rules" saying, "never or always" is simple to learn but at the same time.....it's not very effective in adapting to quickly changing situations.

Yeah....*I also understand that we are talking about the "lowest common denominator" folks in some cases. And for them....I can only say.....go with what works for you.

Rrrrright....like "every real operator" needs that 2 - 3 lb trigger pull to be a "real operator". Really? :s0125:

*Notice that even cops have a "safety discharge can" available in the station to load and unload weapons. And YES....I've seen some really stupid things happening at that safety discharge can station. Funny that I never seen an AD until that can was installed. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The parts of the Kenosha debacle I've seen on video seem to be much better than the Strickland deal. The Kenosha Kid didn't really aim at anyone he didn't have immediate reason to consider shooting, and even then he reconsidered on at least one occasion. Most of the time it was slung and muzzle down IIRC.

Oooops, I meant they did NOT seem discouraged from attacking him by the sight of his rifle. A few years back, my trainer said that's just how it is today... thugs are NOT afraid of their opponents having guns. What is it? Thinking the good guys won't shoot???

How do you deduce that out of these articles?
Personally, I believe that it has to do with the circumstances, premeditation, availability of a weapon, type of weapon, history with the assailant and the Texas Defense of "he just needed killing'!
I am aware of a female that killed her husband with a .357 Mag while he was sleeping. She received 18 months of probation. He had beaten her for years and she'd finally had enough.

Oooops, I meant they did NOT seem discouraged from attacking him by the sight of his rifle. A few years back, my trainer said that's just how it is today... thugs are NOT afraid of their opponents having guns. What is it? Thinking the good guys won't shoot???
It's crowd courage and video games. Mobs are always "tough guys" until you separate them at which point they become whimpering children wanting their mothers.

Personally, I believe that it has to do with the circumstances, premeditation, availability of a weapon, type of weapon, history with the assailant and the Texas Defense of "he just needed killing'!
I am aware of a female that killed her husband with a .357 Mag while he was sleeping. She received 18 months of probation. He had beaten her for years and she'd finally had enough.

Then there was the story of ol' Loraina and John Wayne Bobbitt!

Thats the biggest rub. Equal protection of the law.

This no longer exists, if it ever did. Personally, I'd try to take some hits before shooting somebody. The more you are assaulted by the thugs, the less you will be assaulted by the state. A photo of you with blood dripping down your face will probably help your lawyer make his case. o_O I understand, this method has drawbacks too.

This no longer exists, if it ever did. Personally, I'd try to take some hits before shooting somebody. The more you are assaulted by the thugs, the less you will be assaulted by the state. A photo of you with blood dripping down your face will probably help your lawyer make his case. o_O I understand, this method has drawbacks too.
I'm not sure I could feel safe doing that. The concept is not without merit but it seems risky.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews