JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did some math....

Questionable 'ISIS promise' of more attacks ignores mathematical reality of 2A

Allegedly claiming credit yesterday for the weekend attack in Garland, Texas, and promising more incidents in the months ahead on U.S. soil, a purported message from ISIS that may have been launched to scare American citizens overlooked one thing: The Second Amendment, and as bumper stickers note, "It ain't about duck hunting."

<broken link removed>

Thread Drift

So are we watching those guys at the local quick stop? Making sure they 'seem' like decent citizens?
Are we watching for car loads of these types casing places?
Are 'we as citizens willing and mentally ready to respond if another attack come to our NW region?
I'm a watcher.I have always watched what people are doing. Always observing whats going on. I didn't really see it as situational awareness until I was being watched at a parking lot in Tacoma.
Then it kinda came to me that I am pretty aware of my surroundings.
Maybe we need to make sure our loved ones are watching their surroundings enough?

May sound bad but I am not politicaly correct and don't care:D but I watch the neighborhood close and will protect the young and old. However those adults who chose not to carry may be on their own.:D

So are we watching those guys at the local quick stop? Making sure they 'seem' like decent citizens?
Are we watching for car loads of these types casing places?
Are 'we as citizens willing and mentally ready to respond if another attack come to our NW region?
I'm a watcher.I have always watched what people are doing. Always observing whats going on. I didn't really see it as situational awareness until I was being watched at a parking lot in Tacoma.
Then it kinda came to me that I am pretty aware of my surroundings.
Maybe we need to make sure our loved ones are watching their surroundings enough?

It's a fine line between bigotry and situational awareness. I was in Cabelas Springfield the other day. I'm in the gun room where they have some of the vintage guns as well as high end hunting rifles and spendy military style rifles. Out on the rack were a pair of Century Arms AKs, and who was handling them but a pair of young Middle Eastern guys with thick accents.

Now Eugene Springfield has a growing Foreign Muslim Population, maybe because of the University so not uncommon to see the odd Burka wearing woman with her western Dressed hubby eating out at the Buffet or shopping, but seeing those guys handling and asking a lot of questions about the AKs at first put a little smile on my face.

I had a little chuckle to myself about how these guys sure fit the pattern if you are the Paranoid type.

Then I started thinking, were these guys buying?? If they're Foreign Nationals they couldn't, so why were they looking? Then my mind started going through all kinds of bad scenarios.

Then I thought of all the bend over backwards Hippy Dippy Diversity P.C. crap that permeates Eugene Springfield.
Although we might see a Poop Smeared Crucifix Event sometime at the University, we surely won't be having any Prophet drawing contests anytime soon. We might even expect a Celebrate the Beauty of the Burka Day! It wouldn't surprise me the "any culture but American crowd" we have here.

So I began to relax and left my worries over whether Profiling young male Muslims holding AKs is Racist or commonsense to someone else.
BTW those AKs looked pretty nice for Century Arms, I might be a buyer myself!

It's a fine line between bigotry and situational awareness. I was in Cabelas Springfield the other day. I'm in the gun room where they have some of the vintage guns as well as high end hunting rifles and spendy military style rifles. Out on the rack were a pair of Century Arms AKs, and who was handling them but a pair of young Middle Eastern guys with thick accents.

Now Eugene Springfield has a growing Foreign Muslim Population, maybe because of the University so not uncommon to see the odd Burka wearing woman with her western Dressed hubby eating out at the Buffet or shopping, but seeing those guys handling and asking a lot of questions about the AKs at first put a little smile on my face.

I had a little chuckle to myself about how these guys sure fit the pattern if you are the Paranoid type.

Then I started thinking, were these guys buying?? If they're Foreign Nationals they couldn't, so why were they looking? Then my mind started going through all kinds of bad scenarios.

Then I thought of all the bend over backwards Hippy Dippy Diversity P.C. crap that permeates Eugene Springfield.
Although we might see a Poop Smeared Crucifix Event sometime at the University, we surely won't be having any Prophet drawing contests anytime soon. We might even expect a Celebrate the Beauty of the Burka Day! It wouldn't surprise me the "any culture but American crowd" we have here.

So I began to relax and left my worries over whether Profiling young male Muslims holding AKs is Racist or commonsense to someone else.
BTW those AKs looked pretty nice for Century Arms, I might be a buyer myself!
The next time those young men arrive to look at AKs they may well have a few loaded mags on their persons, it's happened before
AS far as being PC goes, in the 14 years since 9-11 there have been 3 homicides of PPL thought to be Muslim by a racist attacker.
There have been over 3100 murdered by Muslims in the US as of 2014, this counts only convictions and not unsolved crimes or Red on Blue, blue on Blue murders in the military
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm

Last Edited:
After a lot of time spent in Northern Ireland over the years, from 1969 right up to 1998, I find that I look at everybody, and my old and wrinkly neck is still on swivels in a crowded place.

And in an UN-crowded place, too.

I never sit where I can't see an exit, or with my back to an entrance, or in the middle of a group of tables, or when in the movies, only in an aisle seat - same on a plane or train.

tac, still here after all this time.

Maybe. I'm guessing if Clinton #2 were to get into office, she, like her hubby before her will go hunting for militia groups. As I recall, he identified militias as one of the big problems, that, and right-wing talk radio.
Clinton will continue to suppress the legitimate citizens of America she has declared she will re-introduce the assault weapons ban.
She will also continue Obama's destruction of America as she has been a Marxist since childhood.
Let's not forget the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, her perfect usage of Alinsky Tactic of always accusing your opponent for what you yourself are doing. Hellary wrote her College Thesis on Alinsky; it reads like a groupie's letter to The Beatles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IfjpE08a0b0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=21JcW5bD1A0
Hillary Clinton The Movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D-J0eu4RKS8

Last Edited:
The next time those young men arrive to look at AKs they may well have a few loaded mags on their persons, it's happened before
AS far as being PC goes, in the 14 years since 9-11 there have been 3 homicides of PPL thought to be Muslim by a racist attacker.
There have been over 3100 murdered by Muslims in the US as of 2014, this counts only convictions and not unsolved crimes or Red on Blue, blue on Blue murders in the military
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm
Normally the rifles sitting out have trigger locks (not that that would stop anybody) but these guys were working the action and dry firing them as the Salesman was pointing out details.

I've worked alongside many Iran Iraq war refugees in a Sweden in the late 80s and many were very pro "Coca Cola" culture and although kept their faith, tried hard to blend in. Others liked to mouth off to me about American/English meddling. They also were more in your face with their religion.

Too bad the good Western Culture and Laws assimilated Muslims don't police themselves more. My experience is they don't mostly but some do. Whether they agree with anti-western thinking or just don't want trouble, who knows?

Those were early days with the influx of Muslim refugees. Swedes were mostly welcoming to them. Plenty of housing, benefits, jobs, training, family visas, etc. It all got off to a good start it seemed.

Fast Forward. Every so often I read something about big racial/social problems there now days.
As with the rest of Europe, Native Swedes birth rates are something well under 2 per couple. Europeans are dying out and being replaced by Immigrants, many from Muslim countries.

Crazy but Europe will be majority Muslim soon. Can mostly Secular/Agnostic, Atheist?, socially liberal Europeans get along with A growing majority Muslim population with a strong unifying faith?

Normally the rifles sitting out have trigger locks (not that that would stop anybody) but these guys were working the action and dry firing them as the Salesman was pointing out details.

I've worked alongside many Iran Iraq war refugees in a Sweden in the late 80s and many were very pro "Coca Cola" culture and although kept their faith, tried hard to blend in. Others liked to mouth off to me about American/English meddling. They also were more in your face with their religion.

Too bad the good Western Culture and Laws assimilated Muslims don't police themselves more. My experience is they don't mostly but some do. Whether they agree with anti-western thinking or just don't want trouble, who knows?

Those were early days with the influx of Muslim refugees. Swedes were mostly welcoming to them. Plenty of housing, benefits, jobs, training, family visas, etc. It all got off to a good start it seemed.

Fast Forward. Every so often I read something about big racial/social problems there now days.
As with the rest of Europe, Native Swedes birth rates are something well under 2 per couple. Europeans are dying out and being replaced by Immigrants, many from Muslim countries.

Crazy but Europe will be majority Muslim soon. Can mostly Secular/Agnostic, Atheist?, socially liberal Europeans get along with A growing majority Muslim population with a strong unifying faith?
It appears not:
http://swedenreport.org/
img_0691.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR