JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If/when the fault line gets active along the Cascadia, the San Andreas fault might also start to shift. If we're not underwater, we'll be on beachfront property. My thought is that kind of movement is likely to make Yellowstone throw a fit, in which case, it's bye-bye PNW. :s0070:
"Experts on red alert for mega-earthquake off the US coast - after discovering a crack in 600-mile long fault line at the bottom of the Pacific"

Last Edited:
For scuba divers this is just an opportunity for new dive sites and artificial reefs, which will bring more spearfishing opportunities! Of course, that is after all the toxic waste has been washed away/buried under sediment/whatever.
Ever a silver lining if you look hard enough.

If/when the fault line gets active along the Cascadia, the San Andreas fault might also start to shift. If we're not underwater, we'll be on beachfront property. My thought is that kind of movement is likely to make Yellowstone throw a fit, in which case, it's bye-bye PNW. :s0070:
"Experts on red alert for mega-earthquake off the US coast - after discovering a crack in 600-mile long fault line at the bottom of the Pacific"
Of course it's all hypothetical and speculative, but these things are possible. I'm in no way prepared for this kind of threat. I'm 20 minutes from the aurora airport, and have relatively quick access to be airborne. Aside from the hope to fly southeast before the air quality is too contaminated to fly, there's not really much anyone could do. Maybe fallout shelter? It's not nuclear, but the amount of ash in the air and blanketing the region would be un-breatheable and would block out the sun for a while.
In the event the coastline broke off at the Willamette, I'd be gone anyway. I should build a standalone bunker that doubles as a submarine when the land washes out.

Reminds me of that old Calypso Song, "Day after Day" :rolleyes:

"Day after day more people come to LA.
Don't you know everybody, the whole place slipping away.

Where will we go when there's no San Diego?
Better get ready to tie up the boat in Idaho.

Do you know the swim?
Better learn quick Jim.." :eek:

Last Edited:
The late great beaver state. Nobody's prepared as they're always sedate. Filled with LA folks who like to hide that trait, here in the late great beaver state. 9 Point oh is coming and it's sealed our fate, here in the late great beaver state…..

Got my gear and ready to splash!

So, end result; the Coast Range becomes an off-shore island, the Cascades now are beachfront property, Bend is the new state capitol, and what remains is a fairly solid red state. I can get behind that !!

We should start one of those betting pool things to guess which islands are going to capsize. $1 per square, winner gets a trip to Guam and an autographed picture of Hank Johnson standing on his head.

a crack in 600-mile long fault line
I thought the whole idea of a 'fault line' is that it's one big crack? A crack in a crack... Isn't that just a little bit redundant? How about calling it a leak in the crack? Or would that be a geological shart?

It's all so confusing. Glad I'm retired and can start drinkin' at 8:30 AM!

I thought the whole idea of a 'fault line' is that it's one big crack? A crack in a crack... Isn't that just a little bit redundant? How about calling it a leak in the crack? Or would that be a geological shart?

It's all so confusing. Glad I'm retired and can start drinkin' at 8:30 AM!
Drink one for me!

LMAO…. there's "fault lubricant" spewing from a crack….. it almost sounds like somebody who works at an "Adam and Eve" adult store is moonlighting writing articles for the USGS.

Saint Andreas, hear our prayer...
Amen...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews