Shooting Pictures

RVTECH

Reactions
Got out for a good morning of shooting today.

Primarily wanted to try my .357 Poly coated loads in my Henry & Mod 66.

The Henry did not seem to like them and was a little inconsistent with them so I switched back to some plated RNFPs and it tightened up considerably and the pic is my best 5 shot group at about 60 yards.

The Mod 66 Smith shot well with them and 25 yard pinecones went flying with about every shot!

I had also remounted a scope on my .223 Handi-Rifle and it only took a few rounds to put it back on 'target' and it is deadly with 52 grain HPs.

IMG_2246.JPG

RVTECH

Reactions
Oh, and BTW while I was out shooting yesterday I 'did my part' and took all these cans out of a tree where they were hung on branches and shot at and left.

This was at the 'Deer leg tree' area we had the cleanup with TNL at a while back.

IMG_2244[1].JPG

BWH

Reactions
I pick up stuff when I go there as well. Since you pointed me out that way, kindly, I do my part and treat it as yours!
I do notice a lot of, shall we say, "less than savory" folks take up residence near by. leave their refuse without a care. Always seem to need to do an oil change on whatever pos rv they are calling home.

What I really want to, who keeps adding to the tree?

This was the next run, and the last one of the day. Same score as the run above (130/140), but at 36.28 seconds, that's almost 1 second faster this time.
That makes a difference in my stage score, as my Hit Factor went up to HF = 3.583, even though I missed one of the poppers on the first shot on this run.
View attachment 09-27-20_Stage9_Sobo_Shoot.mov

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom