JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took my teenaged kids and one of thier friends out for the day, and taught them how to shoot a revolver.
My son has shot Hundreds of 9mm out of several pistols, but this was his first time with a wheel gun.
IMG_3033.JPG IMG_3034.JPG
Daughter loved the kick of the .357
IMG_3028.JPG

this kid(in all black) isn't one of mine, but he spends more time at my house than his own it seems so I figured if he's gunna be around "he can't just be some geek off the street...he better be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean, earn his keep"....
He had never shot a gun before coming to my house... I let him shoot the AR on the 4th, and yesterday was his second shooting experience.
IMG_3032.JPG

My son and his 18th birthday present.
IMG_3024.JPG IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3025.JPG

Took my teenaged kids and one of thier friends out for the day, and taught them how to shoot a revolver.
My son has shot Hundreds of 9mm out of several pistols, but this was his first time with a wheel gun.
View attachment 388786 View attachment 388787
Daughter loved the kick of the .357
View attachment 388784

this kid(in all black) isn't one of mine, but he spends more time at my house than his own it seems so I figured if he's gunna be around "he can't just be some geek off the street...he better be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean, earn his keep"....
He had never shot a gun before coming to my house... I let him shoot the AR on the 4th, and yesterday was his second shooting experience.
View attachment 388785

My son and his 18th birthday present.
View attachment 388782 View attachment 388781 View attachment 388783
Very cool!

My AR pistol in slow motion. It shoots great with Federal, Silver Bear, and even Wolf jhp ammo. I recorded this clip with my iPhone clamped to a shooting bench. The muzzle blast shook the phone. :) This pistol is loud, but fun to shoot with football sized fireballs. :)
I finally got a chance to sight in my AR pistol at 50 meters. With Wolf 55gr FMJ, I was getting 2-3 inch groups. With my old eyes, that's actually pretty good. :) Here is a silly vid of me demonstrating the government approved use of the SB Tactical arm brace. :)

Snuck a photo while no one was looking. Was okay but had limited amount of time. Sighted in, then started hitting a few plates at 100 before going to longer range.

Apparently it only took two hits to knock one of the steel plates right off its chain. o_O The steel target that fell is next to the blue one, that should show up as a tiny blue dot. Had to take the eyepiece off though, but in the field its staying on the scope!

IMG_2921.JPG

2DA6F555-3D1A-4B23-8E2E-C9B20B8CC86E.jpeg
Got about 200 rounds through my bm59 today shooting malaysian surplus 7.62x51. 4 failures to extract (part of the rim tore off weak brass) first time shooting this one, some chambering issues related to the magazine seating, overall good experience fantastically low recoil. Recommendation to anyone, wear leather. Shot a bunch of 12g buck not a single pain in the shoulder:D

I bought one of those green headed stepchildren called the Remington RP9. Yes, its big, well wide anyway. Yes, its ugly, but everything else is too when you own a Python and a Hi Power. :) Its also reliable and easy to shoot. I've seen the vids by MAC on YouTube and I recognize this pistol has some flaws like the inoperative left handed slide release. I did not notice any feeding or extraction problems but I only shot Federal 115 grain FMJ and Remington Golden Saber 124 grain +P. Both were reliable and easy to shoot, even the +P ammo. This pistol shoots really nice and is quite easy to fire off very quick double taps. It does have a bit more muzzle rise in recoil which is propbably due to the heavy slide. The slide is much wider than necessary when you compare it to a Hi Power, but the grip feel is actually very similar to my Hi Power as well. The three dot sights are okay but the front sight is a little too small. The magazines are very stiff to load and my Glock slip on mag loader doesn't fit over the RP9 mags. :) The last two rounds are very hard to get in the magazine. The trigger, worse than a Glock or XDM. Long travel, long reset and squishy is how I would describe it. Its not heavy like the SD9VE I owned a while back, but it doesn't break cleanly or predictably and there is noticeable over travel after the break. I make it sound horrible and compared to my wife's Colt Defender, its bad. I , however, shoot revolvers so long heavy trigger pulls are normal for me. I also shoot fast when I practice with a firm trigger pull. I figure if I have to use it I will not be gently feeling for the crisp breaking of a glass rod like I am in the Olympics or something. If a good trigger is your thing, the RP9 is not it.

All that said, I like the RP9. It is a full size pistol comparable to the Glock 17, M&P 9, XDM, etc. For me, its a good home defense pistol, truck gun or bug out bag gun. What more can you really expect for about $200? :)

RP9.jpg

Slide-fire goodness...

Attachments

• SlideFire_Sobo.01.normal.MOV
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
  • SlideFire_Sobo.01.slomo.MOV
    4.5 MB · Views: 307

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR