JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, really didn't understand the joke, as I hadn't read all the posts referenced. I just noticed a bunch of banter back and forth in a picture thread, so I posted a picture to get back on topic.
I can appreciate somebody being a smart bubblegum, 'cause lord knows I can sure be one. I just didn't understand where the joke was coming from and was lost...

Anyways, carry on. :s0005:

I can appreciate somebody being a smart bubblegum, 'cause lord knows I can sure be one. I just didn't understand where the joke was coming from and was lost...

Anyways, carry on. :s0005:
And us cantankerous old farts really appreciate you being a good sport. To me, that's what life is all about... :)

And about being a smartass, see the end of my signature line... 👇

At the risk of coming across as pedantic, I'm going to assume you really don't understand the joke here. So, yes, I will explain...
  1. Begin by going back to the previous page and start reading at Post #2,056.
  2. Read all the way through to @OldBroad44's post at #2,067.
  3. Then skip through Posts #2,068 to #2,070, and restart where @Andy54Hawken returns to the discussion at Post #2,071, and include Post #2,072.
  4. Now, here's where you enter the fray, attempting to bring the thread back on topic. While we sincerely applaud your efforts in this regard, I'm obliged to remind you that you should know, given your join date, that many of us here at NWFA are a buncha cantankerous old farts who are quite reticent to abandon a lively discussion that ultimately may lead to a great joke. We live for this possibility... :)
  5. And therein lies the prize... Now enters @Mikej at Post #2,074, and cracks, albeit at your expense, the best joke of the whole discussion.
  6. You unwarily wander into the kill-zone with your query, which results in me springing the trap, and posting my (in)famous "You Missed the Point" GIF.
And now here we are. Make sense?
Good Lord, how pedantic. Really Sobo? (hey, you said! :D...but I think you got Mikej on "best joke of the whole discussion" That was classic! :s0140:)

Last Edited:
At the risk of coming across as pedantic, I'm going to assume you really don't understand the joke here. So, yes, I will explain...
  1. Begin by going back to the previous page and start reading at Post #2,056.
  2. Read all the way through to @OldBroad44's post at #2,067.
  3. Then skip through Posts #2,068 to #2,070, and restart where @Andy54Hawken returns to the discussion at Post #2,071, and include Post #2,072.
  4. Now, here's where you enter the fray, attempting to bring the thread back on topic. While we sincerely applaud your efforts in this regard, I'm obliged to remind you that you should know, given your join date, that many of us here at NWFA are a buncha cantankerous old farts who are quite reticent to abandon a lively discussion that ultimately may lead to a great joke. We live for this possibility... :)
  5. And therein lies the prize... Now enters @Mikej at Post #2,074, and cracks, albeit at your expense, the best joke of the whole discussion.
  6. You unwarily wander into the kill-zone with your query, which results in me springing the trap, and posting my (in)famous "You Missed the Point" GIF.
And now here we are. Make sense?
Damn. Nice summary.

Your a Gem around here. And, I really don't think you can be classified as old? "Cantankerous Fart"? Okay.
I'm humbled by your words... 🥲

And lest you think I'm not a cantankerous old fart, you misspelled "You're"... :p

It's not misspelled; but it's misused
:s0140:
he's_got_a_point.jpg

And us cantankerous old farts really appreciate you being a good sport. To me, that's what life is all about... :)

And about being a smartass, see the end of my signature line... 👇
Well my parents always told me I could be anything I wanted to be, so I became an A-hole.......................
being a smartarse is better than being a dumbarse so there is that..............

Well my parents always told me I could be anything I wanted to be, so I became an A-hole.......................
being a smartarse is better than being a dumbarse so there is that..............
Some people choose what they want to be. For others, life chooses their path for them... ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top