JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happens when you forget all four rules at the same time...

IMG_20230207_075714686.jpg

Good Lord! :eek: There must be a story with that...
Like I said: That's what happens when you forget all four rules at the same time.. [ stupid, stupid, stupid] I took a 9mm S&W out of its case, dropped the slide and pulled the trigger.
1. Every gun is loaded.
2. Don't put your hand in front of the dang muzzle.
Etc.
Three months later...

However there is always an innocent bystander...
Keyboard and computer: RIP.

View attachment 1434050
Glad it wasn't.45 ACP!
Sounds like it was a pretty expensive and painful day all around... :eek:

Thank you for sharing - we can all stand a little reminder of the price of complacency...

And it takes more than just a bit of humility to publicly admit to a ND...

Last Edited:

View attachment 1434011
At least that finger is breathing . The ring finger looks like it's getting suffocated…...

In all seriousness I'm glad you're alright and healed up. Props on you being humble enough to share a mistake and being honest about it. We can all benefit from the reminder.

Last Edited:

View attachment 1434011
Not to take anything away from Tom's incident (and I'm glad you're ok, Tom), when I was 12, I decided I would make a rocket by stuffing the powder from firecrackers into an empty .30 Carbine casing.
By the 12th firecracker, the "rocket" decided it wanted to be a bomb and it went off in my left hand (and I'm left handed!).
I wish all that happened to my hand was what you see in Tom's picture.
I lost 1/4" off my index finger (and to this day, that finger nail curves over the end of that finger), I lost part of the top of my ring finger, a severe cut into the end of my middle finger and I lost the nerve that comes up right side of my hand. I couldn't move my pinky for 3 months and even now, almost 48 years later, my pinky and part of my ring finger are permanently numb and I have a pretty big scar that runs from my wrist to about 1/2 way up the right side of my hand (that was caused by the doctor looking for my nerve). There's another scar on the top of my right forearm where a piece of schrapnel flatted out and stuck itself there, and there's two small scars at the top of each leg, plus one in the lower portion of my gut (uncomfortably close to my manly parts, if you catch my drift) where schrapnel also hit.
I spent a week in the hopital (Navy hospital, in a ward, which I understand they don't have anymore).
So if you think that picture that Tom posted is pretty gnarly, take that wound and multiply it by 4. One on the end of the index finger, middle finger and ring finger, and one about where the crease in the hand is seen in the picture, just under where that wound is.
That's what my hand looked like.
I had to re-teach myself how to write, because trying to move it over to my right hand was just too weird.
Eventually, I regained the dexterity in my left hand and these days, aside from some numbness, the tell-tale signs are the weird looking figertips, which most people don't even notice unless I point them out.

I don't recall who it was now, but a good, contributing member, had a negligent discharge and it went through the top of his foot. He took us along on that experience. It was quite the ride, and eye opener, because it was something that could happen to any of us if we were to ignore any of the "Four Basic Rules".

View attachment 1434011
I found this...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top