JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From what a witness said a US Marshall was attempting to arrest a young male in the parking lot. The young man tried driving away when the US Marshall open fired and killed him. There were others in the car, no report if they were hit yet and this is still speculation from witnesses, no official report until 10pm. I'll post a link when it pops up

What a shock, another US Marshall vs Criminal shooting in Medford?! That isn't breaking news, just day ta day business in the RV!!!

I move to the Portland area to get out of that war zone!

Be safe, Lefty.

This was a post by Lars Larsen in my FB account...

FEDERAL FUGITIVE SHOT BY U.S. MARSHALS
Medford, Oregon - Today at approximately 5:40 pm, Deputy U.S. Marshals located and attempted to apprehend a federal fugitive at an Albertson's store parking lot in Medford, Oregon. The subject was wanted for a Federal Probation Violation warrant dated December 21, 2011. The original charge was assault of a Deputy U.S. Marshal which occurred on October 5, 2009. While attempting to apprehend the subject, he used his vehicle as a deadly weapon. Deputy Marshals discharged their firearms striking the subject. The Subject is deceased. No U.S. Marshals personnel or officers were injured. This incident is ongoing and the identity of the deceased fugitive will be released as soon as possible. The Medford Police Department and the Oregon State Police are assisting in the investigation of this incident.

The U.S. Marshals Oregon Fugitive Task Force is supported by the Oregon High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Program and is comprised of investigators from the U.S. Marshals Service, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Portland Police Bureau, Oregon State Police, Multnomah County Probation & Parole, and the Oregon National Guard. The Pacific Northwest Violent Offender Task Force is comprised of U.S. Marshals Service investigators from the Districts of Alaska, Oregon, Eastern Washington, and Western Washington. For more information you can go to U.S. Marshals Home Page.

The U.S. Marshals Oregon Fugitive Task Force is supported by the Oregon High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Program and is comprised of investigators from the U.S. Marshals Service, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Portland Police Bureau, Oregon State Police, Multnomah County Probation & Parole, and the Oregon National Guard. The Pacific Northwest Violent Offender Task Force is comprised of U.S. Marshals Service investigators from the Districts of Alaska, Oregon, Eastern Washington, and Western Washington. For more information you can go to U.S. Marshals Home Page.

=============================================

Posse Comitatus?

There was some pretty ticked off witnesses. Supposedly he unloaded on the car while he was just trying to drive away, I wasn't there so obviously I can't say what was right or wrong, but unloading a mag in a busy grocery store parking light was pretty gutsy on the marshals part that's for sure

There was some pretty ticked off witnesses. Supposedly he unloaded on the car while he was just trying to drive away, I wasn't there so obviously I can't say what was right or wrong, but unloading a mag in a busy grocery store parking light was pretty gutsy on the marshals part that's for sure

justified100308_560.jpg

Did he happen to look like this?

From what a witness said a US Marshall was attempting to arrest a young male in the parking lot. The young man tried driving away when the US Marshall open fired and killed him. There were others in the car, no report if they were hit yet and this is still speculation from witnesses, no official report until 10pm. I'll post a link when it pops up

please contact my brother at [email protected] if you are a witness to my son's shooting immediately, I don't want this to happen to any others child, and need all the witnesses we can get to go up against the federal marshals, or lack there of

please contact my brother at [email protected] if you are a witness to my son's shooting immediately, I don't want this to happen to any others child, and need all the witnesses we can get to go up against the federal marshals, or lack there of

Seppie, my family and myself wish to extend our dearest sympathies to you and your family over this tragedy. Ricky castaneda was one of the reported witnesses to your sons shooting i know some of the family and will try to get a phone number to reach him at. This was unjustifiable by the US Marshals service and a gross misuse of power given to them by the government for which they should be held accountable for their actions. If there is anything I can do to assist you please do not hesitate to ask and if I am able I will. Again our deepest sympathies...

I had to chime in because my 16 yr old grandson was in the back seat of the car when this all went down. I can tell you this was all wrong. Another friend of mine was standing right there and saw it all. His account is that Jimmie turned up one lane in the parking lot to get away, bumped a car then backed up and bumped another car when the Feds rammed their car with a Pickup, got out hollered stop, then proceded to dump about 30 rounds into the car with a total of 4 passengers. Now how do you justify 30 rounds in a car w/ 4 people, in a crowded parkinglot full of people in front of a super market? I will try to keep this post updated as we go along. There has already been an attorney retained. Were talking about a wrongful death lawsuit. My Grandson is so tramatized that Im beside myself right now. I think when the facts come out, this [marshall] will be found guilty of this horrible crime.

This is what I know based on eyewitness' and from people that are very close to this tragedy.

We are all doing better, but the reality of it and the whole thing keeps going through our minds. It is truely a miracle that the16 year old boys in the back of the car didn't get hit. They fired at least 38 rounds into that car. I just can't wrap my head around how a Marshall can justify what he did. I have a friend who was standing very close to the vehicle my grandson was in. My friend said the Marshalls pulled in front of Jimmy, lit up their lights, so Jimmy reversed and turned left to vacate the premises. At that point the marshall yelled Stop, which was immediatly followed by a shot, which hit it's mark, which caused Jimmy to hit a parked car. He then reversed at which point he was fired upon at least 37 more times. Jimmy's car continued in reverse untill backing into another car. (Jimmy was dead by then). Then a marshall rammed into the front of Jimmy's vehicle pinning it in, while another marshall who was originaly in front of him drove around to ram the driver side. The two 16 year old kids were then, jerked out of the car, thrown on the pavement, they put their feet on their back and heads pushing so hard it hurt their back, then they pulled them up by their hands behind their backs, with one of the kids shoulder being pulled out of its socket. (These were kids that were suppose to be wittness's only). We are hoping that the video's in front of the store have captured it all. The Police have it. According to my friend, Jimmy never hit a car until he was shot, He was just trying to get out of the parking lot and run away. So the Police report isn't being truthfull. So now everyone thinks it was justified because he was using the car as a weapon. NOT TRUE. And was this the best way to handle this? 5:30 Pm, at the entrance to Albertson's, a crowded parking lot, people walking all around, and the most blatant disregard for the saftey of all, firing approx, 38 rounds into a car with 3 kids in it, from different angles. I am beside myself right now.
So I keep asking myself, did Jimmy need to be put to death for his crimes? Was he really a threat to anyones saftey at the time of this incident, or for the previous crimes? I've not heard where he ever assaulted anyone. He was convicted in 2009 for assualting a Federal Marshall. Which according to His Family that witnessed that event, Jimmy had surrendered, at which point the marsall assaulted Jimmy,to the point of Hospitaliaztion, all under the assumption he was someone else, that thay were after. I've seen the pictures of this where he looked like he was beaten, with black eyes and bruises all over him. The marshall then arrested him and charged him with assault of a federal marshall. So he did the time for that crime, and being a Felon on Parole, he failed a urine test for smoking pot. So he was ordered to check into a Drug rehab program, or go back to jail, which it appears he took the rehab. Then he walks out of that facility and went AWOL for some time. He then came back to Rogue Valley. So he had a Federal warrant for his arrest. So for his crime of smoking pot and failing a UA, and walking away from the facility, and I guess his last and most horrific crime , not stopping when he was told to Stop by this Marshall. And for the crime of not stopping, we now know the punishment is in fact, Death by Firearm. So it appears we now have our own One stop Justice System. The Federal Marshalls seem to have these new powers bestowed upon them, Cop,Judge, Jury and executioner.
Reminds me of Dirty Harry, except I didn't see that Jimmy had commited any crime worthy of the Death sentence .
So why am I so involved in this ordeal? My 16 yr old Grandson was in the back of this car along with his friend. So we have alot of skin in this game. These two boy's, who by the grace and intervention of God Almighty, did not get struck by any of the bullits that went through the vehicle. These boys are so traumatized that I dont think they will ever be the same.
The Mother of my grandsons friend, told us that when she was finaly allowed to be with her son while they questioned him in their investigation, she noticed that they were re-asking the Questions in trying to get her son to change his answers, to suggest that Jimmy was using the vehicle as a weapon against the Marshalls. At which point she interrupted them and told them she could see right through what they were trying to do so they told her she would have to leave. So the official report is stated as fact that Jimmy used the vehicle as a weapon, to which according to my friend who saw it all go down is nothing more than what we would expect. A police report covering up their evil deeds. The Video from the store will show exactly how it all went down, if it captured the act. So when we get to see it, if ever, the truth will be told. I believe MPD has posession of the video. We only hope it doesn't get the important parts edited out. Im sure the Marshalls do not want anyone to see this video? I will be updating this story as it unfolds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top