JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great Post! We could save the trouble of jury trials and judges and the whole works by just having internet trials!
In your inestimable wisdom; you have branded a mentally ill drug user as a "turd" unworthy of our consideration.
The family ain't "seen" money, or they would have been able to buy treatment for the kid.
There but for the grace of god goes Myself and many others on this forum.

Devils advocate here...
How far are you willing to strech your grace?
Until he harms or even kills someone elses innocent loved one in order to feed whatever demon he was battling?
I have sympathy for the family and even for the departed who seemed to make bad decisions at every turn. But at some point, when you live that life, the odds of it coming to a violent end are palatable. Too bad he didnt turn it around before this happened, but at least there is the guarantee that he wont harm anyone else in the future.
So I agree and disagree at the same time. Sad all around.

Great Post! We could save the trouble of jury trials and judges and the whole works by just having internet trials!
In your inestimable wisdom; you have branded a mentally ill drug user as a "turd" unworthy of our consideration.
The family ain't "seen" money, or they would have been able to buy treatment for the kid.

Internet trials are wholly insufficient. You have to somehow include newspapers and TV news
too, especially in this case of first impression where such trials have never before been held
legal. </sarcasm>

They haven't seen money *YET* - it's already been stated that they've retained a lawyer - for what? A civil action seeking *money*. Same with the families of the two under age kids in the vehicle. Those kids weren't shot - so why are they retaining legal council? Because they think there's going to be money coming their way.

The kid's family didn't need money to get help for him - there are plenty of mental health facilities and drug rehabilitation facilities that work with no income/low income patients. He could have stayed in his court-ordered treatment center. He chose not to. He chose to start doing drugs, and then he made the decision not to get clean. He had plenty of opportunity to change his behavior - he chose to continue down the path he did.

The Marshals didn't murder this kid - but it really seems that he had a mind to hurt, if not murder them. Every time the police shoot a suspect the family calls it murder. I've never once read an account of the police shooting and killing someone and the felon's family stood up and said "yeah, our kid was ****ed up and violent, and the shooting was justified. We're not going to be filing any law suit over him."

I'm honestly surprised to see such a strong outpouring of support over a felon who finally escalated his actions into using a weapon against the cops. What would the reactions be, had it been a private citizen who wound up shooting this guy because they caught him burgling their home and he attacked them? Look at his record and it's not much of a stretch to see that scenario. Would you be heart broken over him then, or is it just because he tried running down the cops that he gets support?

You have to scroll down, but there's an article on mentalhealthportland about this incident. It details a lot more about "Jimmy's" history than the other articles I've seen on it do.

Mental Health Association of Portland

This "kid" wasn't a one time offender, and it seems that his conviction for assaulting the Marshal wasn't trumped up, as a family member claimed. He had a record of theft, burglary, assault, drug possession, and assault on a police officer by the time he was 18. How he got nailed with the federal charge? Seems he was high on E hiding in another fugitive's bathroom when Marshals were conducting a search warrant. He fled from that residence into another apartment - and when they caught up with him, he tried tackling one of the Marshals from behind (perhaps with thoughts of grabbing his gun? who knows). He was tased and taken into custody. Court records showed that he had ecstasy, cocaine, and meth in his system when he was arrested.

He was far from an innocent kid - he was a multiple time felon - and it's not hard to believe at all after learning this - that this "kid" tried running down the police in order to avoid being taken back into custody. Won't be surprised if this kid had drugs in his system - he walked out of court ordered inpatient drug treatment that was a condition of his probation = hence the warrant for his arrest.

He was a turd, and he used his car as a weapon, and got himself killed and put his friends in jeopardy. I'm sorry the family has to go through this - but what sympathy I had for the dead felon is gone. This incident is just like every other incident where a multi-time looser gets shot by the police - the family will seen money and try to paint the rosiest picture of the deceased as possible.

I posted an eye witness account here. Apparently some didn't see it. They choose to believe the media, and the Police reports about this Vehicle Weapon. To me, the only issue here is, was this use of Deadly force the proper way to handle this? I know the Marshal's had an arrest warrant but not exactly a Death Warrant. Now for the good news. Of course this is "ONLY" second hand from a retired Trooper who just interviewed my Grandson for an Attorney. I know the rules here, "only facts are allowed". But he said the Video does exist. That was music to my ears because soon, TURDS like you will have something else to talk about.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top