JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did anyone get a chance to archive any of the shooters social media accounts before they were all scrubbed? Very little showing up right now.
Nanosecond
noun
noun: nanosecond; plural noun: nanoseconds; noun: nano-second; plural noun: nano-seconds; symbol: ns
  1. one billionth of a second.
  2. the time it takes for social media to scrub accounts that don't follow narratives.

how many is that now since the start of the year? :(
11, according to the NYT.

And what's with all the conspiracy theorizing? Crime happens. All. The. Time. 30 years ago we just didn't have the internet and 15 channels of 24-7 news. If you want to believe there's some nefarious plot I guess that's something to do with your time.

Last Edited:
A friend of a family member was a local cop. In a casual off-duty conversation with this cop, she could not tell me what brand of firearm she carried on duty, nor the caliber. I know it is anecdotal, but it sure left me unimpressed.
Similarly, I was in a LGS one day when a lady cop brought her Glock in for repair because it would not function. After a cursory inspection the gunsmith asked her if she had ever cleaned it. She said no. He explained the necessity of periodically cleaning one's firearm, sold her a can of Gun Scrubber, and sent her on her way.

This is why I carry a long gun in my rigs, hope I never need it, but it would be stupid not to! I even have my "Cali Compliant" carry rifle and pistol when I'm visiting my brother down there! Never know when evil will show up, and you have a much better chance if you can get to that rifle! Not that it would have helped in this situation, but..............

A lot of folks have said carrying a "Truck Gun" is a bad idea, especially in urban areas, but I say they are wrong, and as evidenced in a few of these mass shootings of late, a long gun has been used to try and stop the shooter, or at least the attempt was made!
So in an active shooter scenario is your mindset to get back to your rig, grab said rifle, and then reenter the red zone in an attempt to nuetralize the threat? I don't have a "truck gun" and probably never will I am simply curious as to your thought process.

So in an active shooter scenario is your mindset to get back to your rig, grab said rifle, and then reenter the red zone in an attempt to nuetralize the threat? I don't have a "truck gun" and probably never will I am simply curious as to your thought process.
It's all going to depend on where I am in relation to the shooter!

It's all going to depend on where I am in relation to the shooter!
Ok. I would be interested in a scenario in which deploying a rifle in self defense would be more advantageous than the pistol you are conceal carrying in an urban environment. I'm not referring to getting into a gun fight in the middle of the street with guys armed with AKs and masks. I personally see a rifle being used for distance. And if you are shooting at distance I have a hard time seeing that hold in court unless you are a police officer. Those are just my personal opinions. I have nothing against truck guns I just don't personally see them being very valid. I am all for people carrying them in their vehicles if they feel lead to do so though.

Last Edited:
Buddy, you don't have buy anything, but invoking, "average" is where I believe you seriously are missing the magnitude of what that number involves.
It's also the opinion of Jeff Cooper, the father of modern firearms training, who personally trained perhaps tens of thousands of both private citizens and "professionals"..

A friend of a family member was a local cop. In a casual off-duty conversation with this cop, she could not tell me what brand of firearm she carried on duty, nor the caliber. I know it is anecdotal, but it sure left me unimpressed.
Years ago I spotted a ppd gal cop that had forgot to stick a mag in her glock that morning.. I whispered in her ear such (her partner was right there). She was mortified and hotfooted it straight to a nearby portapotty without saying a word.
I wouldn't tell her partner what was up because everyone deserves a break and things happen.

Years ago I spotted a ppd gal cop that had forgot to stick a mag in her glock that morning.. I whispered in her ear such (her partner was right there). She was mortified and hotfooted it straight to a nearby portapotty without saying a word.
I wouldn't tell her partner what was up because everyone deserves a break and things happen.
Or the partner needs to know the kind of mistakes his partner (the one who he is counting on to have his back) is making. That way they can look over each other before starting shift. Although that should have already been happening. I see so many cops with jacked up gear, incorrect set up of tourniquets, leg holsters down by their knees, guts covering the entire duty belt. It's kinda sad.

Ok. I would be interested in a scenario in which deploying a rifle in self defense would be more advantageous than the pistol you are conceal carrying in an urban environment. I'm not referring to getting into a gun fight in the middle of the street with guys armed with AKs and masks. I personally see a rifle being used for distance. And if you are shooting at distance I have a hard time seeing that hold in court unless you are a police officer. Those are just my personal opinions. I have nothing against truck guns I just don't personally see them being very valid. I am all for people carrying them in their vehicles if they feel lead to do so though.
A truck gun may make less sense to a city dweller than to someone that uses a vehicle to collect their mail.

Just sayin'.

A truck gun may make less sense to a city dweller than to someone that uses a vehicle to collect their mail.

Just sayin'.
I completely agree. That's why I specifically said urban environment. If I lived out in the sticks (Lord knows I wish) I would carry a rifle in my rig.

My travels take me all over the place, sometimes to sketchy areas, or just areas I am un familiar with, so, it makes perfect sense to have an option! That said, if a situation came up and I had the means and abilities to do something about it with my rifle, then I'm going to! I'm also very highly experienced in urban fighting with a rifle, so I have auch better understanding of the good and bad, as well as the shoot, don't shoot experience! A pistol is a crap shoot, even in a perfect setting, it may not be the right tool for the job, but it may be the only one!
Remember, your pistol is there to allow you to fight your way to your rifle!
I'm not going to look for trouble, but if trouble finds me it will find me ready, and hopefully, with my rifle in my hands and not my pistol!

@ Post #74

Understood. But I am starting a trip tomorrow in a city of 12K, driving through the three biggest cities in Oregon, and will end up (hopefully) in a relatively rural destination.

BTW - Pretty sure Kyle Rittenhouse has an opinion about this.

Last Edited:
This is where the AR pistol/SBR makes so much sense! Though my travels south to Cali prevent me from carrying one, it dosnt stop me from carrying a good repeating rifle, which is ether a Schmidt & Ruben strait pull in .308 win, or a 1895 Winny Lever in .30/06, or the 1903 Springer Stalking Rifle! All are quite capable, lightning quick, and have exceptional iron sights for quick and accurate target prosecution!

Or the partner needs to know the kind of mistakes his partner (the one who he is counting on to have his back) is making. That way they can look over each other before starting shift. Although that should have already been happening. I see so many cops with jacked up gear, incorrect set up of tourniquets, leg holsters down by their knees, guts covering the entire duty belt. It's kinda sad.
I figure most people need one second chance. Had I told her partner she likely would have been ostracized by her peers and never gotten one. I'm confident she was more diligent gearing up for her shift from then on.

I figure most people need one second chance. Had I told her partner she likely would have been ostracized by her peers and never gotten one. I'm confident she was more diligent gearing up for her shift from then on.
I have left my EDC in my desk inadvertently before and had to come back to the office to retrieve it.

But I am not a LEO. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads