JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before I knew what a 300 blkout was I bought one used from a member.
I thought is was a brand, took it to the range put in a mag of .223 pulled the trigger.....nothing.
Thought weird: cycled a round. Pulled the trigger....nothing.
Looked closer, and the BCG didn't push forward all the way.
Hmmm. My friend looked at it and thoughtfully told me I was stupid.
Both rounds had light primer strikes.

I sat back a minute realizing how bad that could have gone, and what a bone head move it was a sent up a Thank You prayer to the Gun Gods.

Before I decided to divest myself of 44 mags I might have run some down loaded 44 mag shells ( loaded to 44 special velocity ) down the tube of one or two of my 45 colt revolvers. Not on purpose either. Even managed to run 45 bullets into 44 mag cases through the progressive loader. I was always having problems keeping that stuff separated hence the total divestiture from 44 mag. Nothing ever blew up but I always had that sinking feeling when it happened.

I believe the .44 auto mag was based on a .308 case, so it looks like you are on your way to fireforming the brass towards that end.

I've fired a .40s&w through a .45acp 1911. We've all got the dumb stories. Just be glad this ended up as benign as it did. Then go get some red paint.

Lend lease guns chambered in .30-06 that went to the U.K. had red bands painted on them to denote they were chambered in .30-06. This way some yahoo didn't try to shove a .303 into one. Probably not hard to remember in a 1903 Springfield Rifle, but easier to mistake a 1917 US Enfield for a Pattern 14 Enfield in the heat of the moment.

Look on the up side, that spent casing may just be the beginning of making you the founder of an entirely new caliber.... I'd get it patented right away if I were you!
:D

Looks like a .458 Win casing to me.

Not "Win Mag," mind you, just "Win"

So, IOW,... Volcom For The Win! ;)

Glad you're okay dude.

Last Edited:
Looks like a .458 Win casing to me.

Not "Win Mag," mind you, just "Win"

So, IOW,... Volcom For The Win! ;)

Glad you're okay dude.
thanks man, i literally thought i had a separated case. looked at it and was like WTF???!

then, i thought about what just happened... i remembered the trigger squeeze... it was heavier than i remembered and sure as sh!t it was my brothers 30-06 i had shot and not my 308. i felt SOOOOOO stupid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top